Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Now Starts A Long Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be extremely surprising. Consider our drafting history, add to that Simpson's influence. We'll go safer than Cockatoo. Weller, even Ahern.

It's a bit unknown if we will play it safe this year, like previous years, but he does fit the bill for what we need, speed , good size and elite kick, I can see him been a draft bolter

Because Beams is a far, far better player

He certainly is at the moment. Hence why Collingwood wont accept anything that isnt worth far more than what we would ask Melbourne for Gaff. So whats your point?

As I said before, the positions both sides happen to be in the draft means you will have to pay overs. Why trade Gaff for pick 12 when we have 11? Losing one of our better players without improving our poistion to get the player we really want thats available. That would be ridiculous.

The fact that he has pulled on the Wings, played well and showed some loyalty means something to me. And it means if you want him you pay more than he is worth, because trading blokes and just getting their playing worth isnt good enough. Being a part of the club means something.

Trading players like commodities is what s**t clubs do.

Every year Gaff is rumoured to want to go home.

We re-signed him like 3 months ago ffs.
His steak was a little overdone at the B&F....

That would be extremely surprising. Consider our drafting history, add to that Simpson's influence. We'll go safer than Cockatoo. Weller, even Ahern.

Happy with Weller or Ahern. Weller would also add currency with Gold Coast when we eventually see a WA lad ask for a trade.

Cockatoo may well still be there at 29.

What pick do you think he will be taken?

Understand your position but its not about being nice, its about being fair both to players, clubs and the rules of society.

Last year WC took a strong position on SK's attempt to get Brown to break his contract, so it would be very hypocritical of them to attempt the same thing. I do know they have had discussions with 2 players over the course of this year both officially through their managers and more casually via player to player banter, but they wont breach the line as per GWS and Griffin. If either player wanted out then WC would move instantly.

WC are a conservative club, and whilst Simpson is changing things, its a slow process.

Whilst trading is important as WC proved 10 years back, premierships are based on successful drafting and that's what WC have thrown resources at in order to get better.
Did Browns Dad have cancer ?

He certainly is at the moment. Hence why Collingwood wont accept anything that isnt worth far more than what we would ask Melbourne for Gaff. So whats your point?

As I said before, the positions both sides happen to be in the draft means you will have to pay overs. Why trade Gaff for pick 12 when we have 11? Losing one of our better players without improving our poistion to get the player we really want thats available. That would be ridiculous.

The fact that he has pulled on the Wings, played well and showed some loyalty means something to me. And it means if you want him you pay more than he is worth, because trading blokes and just getting their playing worth isnt good enough. Being a part of the club means something.

Then keep him. Perhaps his worth is far inflated to you. I see him as a 7-10 pick. The top 4 players in the draft essentially become the top 6 with heeney and Moore already accounted for. You basically said you'll do it if you're guaranteed petracca. I'd much rather petracca and 23 than gaff and de gooey

Happy with Weller or Ahern. Weller would also add currency with Gold Coast when we eventually see a WA lad ask for a trade.

Cockatoo may well still be there at 29.

What pick do you think he will be taken?

Cockatoo will not be there at 29 North will take him before that

Then keep him. Perhaps his worth is far inflated to you. I see him as a 7-10 pick. The top 4 players in the draft essentially become the top 6 with heeney and Moore already accounted for. You basically said you'll do it if you're guaranteed petracca. I'd much rather petracca and 23 than gaff and de gooey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summary:
- Most of the clubs best players are very young - beautiful age profile
- Spine not an issue as it is at other clubs
- Need to add mid-size run and carry players, crumbing players. Don't trade well. Silence has been deafening this trade period.
- Freo have done better at getting mature age players from WAFL
- Depth isn't as good as other clubs.
- Too many inconsistent performers who need to lift - Wellingham, Gaff, Darling, Naitanui
- Need to get guys fit and on the park - Rosa, LeCras, Selwood, Wellingham, Yeo etc all missed a lot of games. Compounded by lack of depth
- Not losing much this offseason - Cox and Glass were pretty much cooked.
- Should be bringing players in to complement the list. A big club should be able to attract players better
- Should be confident about gaining ground, but concerned about depth and consistency
- Need to be physically stronger and meaner.
Do They have a Brownlow Medallist that was a mature age from the Wafl

No worries. I would much rather Gaff than 12 and 23.

Hence no trade.

And by the way, Gaff is proven. You should know better than anyone that high draft picks dont equal good players. Arent you about to trade the last player you took at #2?

So they weren't impressed with anybody else? :p I admire your love for the Cockatoo mate, if we draft him I'll be listening closely to hear your cries of joy. :)

That doesn't say anything about him.

Wow AFL website wins again, Just what I hear mate he would be a good pickup at 16

We are keeping him! You're the only one suggesting he wants to leave! Gaff is worth a top two pick.

No worries. I would much rather Gaff than 12 and 23.

Hence no trade.

And by the way, Gaff is proven. You should know better than anyone that high draft picks dont equal good players. Arent you about to trade the last player you took at #2?
Apparently. Just like Gaff apparently wants to come home? You made an interesting decision regarding first round draft picks last year. Merely asked the question on his worth. One poster said 12 and 23 is around his worth. You think he's worth much more. Opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one. Thanks for your time anyway

Would you consider 12 and a swap of 2nd rounders for Gaff? Or 12 and 23?

2 and our 31 goes to st kilda for pick 1, you get gaff, we get pick 1 and 23.

11 and 23 go to GWS for Coniglio.

We walk out of our trade and draft period with petracca, coniglio, waterman and lowden but lose gaff, sinkers and our first and second. We also get our 2 category B rookies and 3 later picks in the main draft.

Sinkers goes to Essendon for a pick in the 40's, We get Lowden as backup from Hawthorn either for free as they delist him or for our 4th round pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back