Oppo Camp Discussion on other club's trade/draft decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a bit of stats silliness that I'm not game enough to post anywhere else

It's interesting looking at the wash-up to see who was worth who this year, at least in terms of draft picks forwarded onto other clubs. For example:

Patfull, Christianson and Stanley are all worth pretty much the same - pick 21 (Saints had to throw in pick 60 in our deal)
Greenwood is worth the steak knives (pick 25) in the Beams deal
Similarly former Brownlow medallist Cooney is worth the lesser part of the Ryder deal (picks 17 & 37)
Cooney is worth 39 and Biggs (seeing as the Doggies received 37 for him then forwarded it on)

Although it gets funnier/more ludicrous when you factor in free agents.

Cooney is worth Malceski (pick 39 as compensation) and Biggs
And from last year, Big Ben McEvoy is worth Franklin (pick 19 as compensation), pick 18 and Savage

Interesting that Pies have delisted Tony Armstrong to free up pick 85.

Somehow I think, everyone is realising, that this draft has a lot of unknowns, and therefore, there might be more chances of good players slipping through?

Or, they want to pick up Daniel on the cheap coz we are going to pick him up at rookie draft #1.:rolleyes:;)

They might be looking at how they scored Langdon and Marsh late last year and thinking that a potential slider offers more than Armstrong.

I think so too... Like buying cheap houses in growing suburbs... And see govt rush in to build trains in return for votes

Just about every team is dropping someone to their rookie list this year, Hawthorn's Sam Grimley being the latest.
Only a rookie if you guys or Freo don't take him as a DFA...

I think you two clubs are the only ones who were interested during trade period, but probably held off knowing Hawthorn were going to delist.

Depends how much list space you have of course, and the picks you have.

Interesting that Pies have delisted Tony Armstrong to free up pick 85.

Somehow I think, everyone is realising, that this draft has a lot of unknowns, and therefore, there might be more chances of good players slipping through?

Or, they want to pick up Daniel on the cheap coz we are going to pick him up at rookie draft #1.:rolleyes:;)
or keeping it really simple, maybe the Maggies just realised how crap he is:)

Only a rookie if you guys or Freo don't take him as a DFA...

I think you two clubs are the only ones who were interested during trade period, but probably held off knowing Hawthorn were going to delist.

Depends how much list space you have of course, and the picks you have.
Yeah, we don't have any space on the main list, short of delisting somebody and paying out a contract. We'd have to take him earlier than you in the rookie draft, then, it seems - and I doubt we'll do that.

Yeah, I think Freo might be it, or a Hawthorn rookie.

Grimley is like Rhys Stanley, but with 60% added "headless chook" factor
Best description ever.

I literally loled. Great job.

Question Saints fans

I'm doing ratings and rankings of draftees from last year.

If you had your time again at could pick Cripps instead of Dunstan, Billings or Acres would you?

Trying to establish out of the following draftees last year out of
1. James Aish
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Lewis Taylor
4. Luke Dunstan

Who will be the better players in the long run in 3-5 years time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question Saints fans

If you had your time again at could pick Cripps instead of Dunstan, Billings or Acres would you?

1. James Aish
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Lewis Taylor
4. Luke Dunstan

now way would i take cripps over any of those players. he's a long way off senior football. looks slow, like too slow

Question Saints fans

1. James Aish
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Lewis Taylor
4. Luke Dunstan

No. Not even close, give me Dunstan, Billings any day of the week, and a committed Blacres over a player who can't run the 20m in less than 3.2 seconds.

Question Saints fans

1. James Aish
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Lewis Taylor
4. Luke Dunstan

Lol no.

No. Not even close, give me Dunstan, Billings any day of the week, and a committed Blacres over a player who can't run the 20m in less than 3.2 seconds.

Honestly I really rate Dunstan, cannot believe a player of his calibre slipped so low, his kind of player you build a team around, future captain

I think ATM Cripps not far off Dunstan terms of development but Dunstan ahead

Honestly I really rate Dunstan, cannot believe a player of his calibre slipped so low, his kind of player you build a team around, future captain

Yeah maybe not to far off.... or maybe by the length of the Flemington straight. How many games did Cripps play last year?

I'll ask you this, you posed the question of Billings vs Cripps... Would you rather the #1 pick this year or Cripps? I ask because Billings would have gone #1 this year, and I know I'd rather have the #1 pick over a guy who has played 3 games.

i looked at your username and assumed you were a saint...now it all makes sense on why you are obsessed with cripps

i guarantee carlton would swap cripps for any of the other players in a heart beat

I'll ask you this, you posed the question of Billings vs Cripps... Would you rather the #1 pick this year or Cripps? I ask because Billings would have gone #1 this year, and I know I'd rather have the #1 pick over a guy who has played 3 games.

i'd take neal bullen and blakely over cripps anyday and they are seen as late first rounder maybe 2nd rounders this year

What has Cripps done to be remotely close to Dunstan in terms of development. Dunstan has proven he can perform consistently at AFL level. With all due respect to Cripps, he's had one decent game at that level. Regardless of how good he's looked at VFL, for now-the two can't be compared.

Hard to say maybe Cripps in long term. Don't get me wrong think Billings is exceptional talent and will be good once matures more and gets more game time however feel Saints need key depth in the midfield moving forward

Petracca, Dunstan, Arces, Cripps looks like a mean strong combination in 4 years time you have to agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back