Prediction 2016 Fixture (see fixture at post #174)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday March 26
Sydney Swans v Collingwood at ANZ Stadium (7.25pm)

Friday April 1
Collingwood v Richmond at MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday April 9
St Kilda v Collingwood at MCG (1.45pm)

Sunday April 17
Collingwood v Melbourne at MCG (3.20pm)

Monday April 25
Collingwood v Essendon at MCG (3.20pm)

Sunday May 1
West Coast Eagles v Collingwood at Subiaco Oval (4.40pm)

Saturday May 7
Collingwood v Carlton at MCG (1.45pm)

Saturday May 14
Brisbane Lions v Collingwood at Gabba (7.25pm)

Saturday May 21
Collingwood v Geelong at MCG (1.45pm)

Sunday May 29
Collingwood v Western Bulldogs at MCG (3.20pm)

Sunday June 5
Collingwood v Port Adelaide at MCG (1.10pm)

Monday June 13
Melbourne v Collingwood at MCG (3.20pm)

Sunday June 19
Byes:
Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast Suns, Richmond and St Kilda

Friday June 24
Collingwood v Fremantle at MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday July 2
Carlton v Collingwood at MCG (7.25pm)

Saturday July 9
GWS Giants v Collingwood at Spotless Stadium (1.40pm)

Saturday July 16
Adelaide v Collingwood at Adelaide Oval (7.40pm)

Friday July 22
Collingwood v North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday July 30
Collingwood v West Coast Eagles at MCG (4.35pm)

Friday August 5
Richmond v Collingwood at MCG (7.50pm)

Friday August 12
Western Bulldogs v Collingwood at Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday August 20
Collingwood v Gold Coast Suns at Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Friday August 26 — Sunday August 28 (days and times TBC)
Hawthorn v Collingwood at MCG

Now to do some homework on wins and losses.

Pretty sure they do the groupings after finals, and as Richmond and Doggies both lost the EFs they ranked 7th and 8th in this exercise.

That being said it is a relatively tough fixture in terms of dbl up games considering our position.

Those dbl up games against Tigers and Doggies will be season defining, as will be competing with them for a position in the eight, we were 0-3 against them in 2015, so split them 2-2 at works and we will do well.
It's a sad day when Collingwood is worried about playing Richmond and Footscray twice.

Three games at Etihad and they are all close to the finals! FML!

The AFL should let us play a game in Darwin, a game in Tasmania and I don't care where the third game is as long as we don't have to play at Etihad.

This draw is great but it's like the one we had last year and the year before. We will probably go up 8-3 and then it starts getting difficult in the second half of the season. It will be interesting to see how competitive we remain in the second half.

14-15 wins is what I am expecting next season.

Give or take 2-3 wins either side, I think 13 wins is about right. Will that be enough to make finals? I hope so, but its so tight from 5-12ish anything could happen

It's a sad day when Collingwood is worried about playing Richmond and Footscray twice.
Not worried, but in terms of the rankings...they were the two highest ranked teams in the 2nd group so to get dbl ups against them and the GF team is 'tough'.

We didn't beat any of WCE,WB or Rich last year...going 0-6 in 2016 will kill any finals aspirations.

The stretch where we play Eagles away (rd 6?), Carlton then Brisbane away bothers me. it's not even a full 6-day break between Eagles and Carlton and we're travelling back from WA. It'll be the Bluess best opportunity to beat us for the next 7 or 8 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main thing I look outside of double games is the 6 day breaks where the opposition has a longer break

We only have 2 of those. Richmond in Round 2 & West Coast in round 6. We're coming off a 6 day break and Richmond and West Coast off 8 day breaks.

Back to back away games in Sydney (GWS) and Adelaide (Crows) in Rounds 16 & 17 followed by a 6 day break to NM @ Etihad on Friday in round 18. That'll be a tricky test.

The stretch where we play Eagles away (rd 6?), Carlton then Brisbane away bothers me. it's not even a full 6-day break between Eagles and Carlton and we're travelling back from WA. It'll be the Bluess best opportunity to beat us for the next 7 or 8 years.
Could be a concern normally, but carlton will be beyond s**t next year. We'll be fine.

This is junk......

No idea who thought that was smart. Also add playing Spotless and Adelaide oval in consecutive weeks? Since when do Victorian sides (who don't sell home games interstate) play interstate 2 weeks running?

Could be a concern normally, but carlton will be beyond s**t next year. We'll be fine.

Carlton have already made 2016's intentions clear with their trading period this year.

No team in history has ever started tanking the year before the next season starts, but Carlton pulled it off. If trading away your entire forward line isn't tanking, then I don't know what is.

Hawthorn once and Freo only over here are good things. West Coast away is probably the only game you'd write off straight away.

You'd think so, but no. I reckon we'll roll West Coast.

Even in my rage after the game at Etihad I said I thought we nailed the gameplan to beat them, but our execution of that plan was DISGRACEFUL. Buckley will run the same plan, but fingers crossed we execute it this time.

Words cannot describe how much I hate home games at Etihad against Etihad tenants.
At least this year we get one back the other way as we're away to St Kilda at the 'G.

Also back to back interstate games, outside of finals it's certainly something we've never had and I'd doubt there's been more than half a dozen occasions with other clubs or at least Victorian clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back