Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 Melbourne reporting Hawks into Tommy in a big way. Not sure what it's going to take to get him there. PSD/picks or players.

Haven't seen a thread for him...
not much tbh maybe our first and litherland. can't get in your best 22.....so seems fair.

Some very outdated opinions being shared about Tom Mitchell.

Easily making the side each week and having a very good season- He's played every game and averaging 27 touches and finally is injury free.

Would have to be a decent offer to be a fair trade- but Swans might get bent over if he was obscenely keen to go. Doubt he'll do that though- Might go but won't screw us.

Some very outdated opinions being shared about Tom Mitchell.

Easily making the side each week and having a very good season- He's played every game and averaging 27 touches and finally is injury free.

Would have to be a decent offer to be a fair trade- but Swans might get bent over if he was obscenely keen to go. Doubt he'll do that though- Might go but won't screw us.

Whats his contract status?

He spends half his time in the NEAFL. Not sure that makes him a gun.

He is great for DT but Longmire rarely rates his 30 possession games.
Please leave 2014 and come and join us. We're talking about Tom Mitchell - they guy who beat Sam Mitchell earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please leave 2014 and come and join us. We're talking about Tom Mitchell - they guy who beat Sam Mitchell earlier this year.

We can find out next Thursday how good the Swans actually are, and Tom Mitchell specifically. Not 2 days after a pretty major distraction happened to the Hawks.

Apparently you lot want Breust for him. That is hilarious.

We can find out next Thursday how good the Swans actually are, and Tom Mitchell specifically. Not 2 days after a pretty major distraction happened to the Hawks.

It'll be a tough game next week, particularly with the Swans missing Tippett. Not sure that one-off game counts any more than the previous game, it's more about his overall performances.

I think Mitchell has proven his ability this season, particularly his ability to play roles outside of purely being an inside extractor.

I don't think we want to trade him at all and I haven't heard any mention of Breust other than random hypotheticals on BigFooty.

Seems like an odd match for the Hawks.

Firstly, he states ( comvincingly) that he's happy in Sydney. If he leaves, you'd have to think it would be for a financial offer too good to refuse. There are plenty of clubs with more room to move in their cap than Sydney, but I'd be surprised if the Hawks were one of them. They must have several players who have accepted unders in return for the chance to play in such a successful team. Even if the Hawks have spare cap dollars, I can't seem them offering a salary out of whack with existing players, especially to someone who's a very good player but isn't in the top fifty or so players in the league right now.

Secondly, Mitchell's main weakness is his kicking. It's not terrible, but certainly not up to the level that the Hawks pride themselves on demanding.

That IS hilarious. Breust not fine to shine Tommy's boots.

Seems like an odd match for the Hawks.

Firstly, he states ( comvincingly) that he's happy in Sydney. If he leaves, you'd have to think it would be for a financial offer too good to refuse. There are plenty of clubs with more room to move in their cap than Sydney, but I'd be surprised if the Hawks were one of them. They must have several players who have accepted unders in return for the chance to play in such a successful team. Even if the Hawks have spare cap dollars, I can't seem them offering a salary out of whack with existing players, especially to someone who's a very good player but isn't in the top fifty or so players in the league right now.

Secondly, Mitchell's main weakness is his kicking. It's not terrible, but certainly not up to the level that the Hawks pride themselves on demanding.

I don't know what he's worth, picks, straight swaps etc etc. On your 2nd point, I'm not sure that precision kicking is a high standard as once was. With impending departures for various reasons together with personal already gone. Maybe a new style of play & game plan is being thought of for coming years?

Better get Tom on a COLA style $800k for 5 years contract then.
Hah, COLA is done and dusted. Time to get some new material!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back