Streaming Stranger Things - Netflix Original *SPOILERS*

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Really digging this show. The kid actors are all great especially the main kid who plays Mike. Funnily enough he is going to be in the new Stephen King IT remake/adaption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finished it...

I don't know what to do with myself. It was just so good on so many levels, it feels like when I finished Bioshock: Infinite. I just sat there for like 30mins contemplating...

What a show. I don't know if another season will live up to this one but god it was good.

2 eps in and I'm hooked. The kids are so well cast, they could be straight out of ET or The Goonies.

Those opening credits too, wow. 80s synth overload and it is magnificient :D

Strong call bro - accurate.

It was foreboding and scary and dark... But the vibe and dynamic around the lads was great; really generally quite fun and cheeky.

So I took your guys advice and put the first episode on last night.

Next minute

8 episode binge and bed at 5am.

Great show. Netflix are doing some quality work at the minute

So I took your guys advice and put the first episode on last night.

Next minute

8 episode binge and bed at 5am.

Great show. Netflix are doing some quality work at the minute
If I'd started on a Friday I reckon I'd have done the same. It did an amazing job of making you 'need' to watch the next Ep, but without stupid gimmicky cliffhangers.

Ive started describing it as E.T. meets Poltergeist meets Twin Peaks. Definitely see the David Lynch cues there.

Never watched Twin Peaks, but it's kinda refreshing to see a show wear it influences on it's sleeve, but not be slaves to them. The bike chase (E.T.) and walking on the train tracks 2x2 (Stand by Me) were a couple of overt tributes - I'm sure there were more.

Ok, so let's talk about stuff and things...

I don't have any real complaints; shame about L, but would've been soft if they'd all made it.

I took the cop putting out food in the box at the end of the last episode to imply that she was out there somehow?

Anyway, seriously good show. Great cast, great storytelling and world building, the look of the show was just dripping in the 80s aesthetic. For a show that could've gone all Wayward Pines on us, it instead delivered in spades. Looks like there'll be a second season, I think they've earned that.

Three eps in here too. The score is magnificent.

The soundtrack is brilliant, but the theme is just like that of Big Trouble in Little China which was on the other night. Which is also excellent.

Trying to think who eleven reminded me of. Kind of a cross between a young Natalie Portman and the girl who played Newt in Aliens maybe...dunno

Na. Dead ringer for a young Elizabeth Perkins.

images

Easily Netflix's best show to date. Most enjoyable 8 hours of TV I've ever experienced. All the actors were just incredible - particularly the children.

So far through the first five episodes. This show is great. Growing up in the 80's, the feel, music etc. is spot on. The feel is set right from the opening music. The kids are great and Winona Ryder is great as the mum. Outside of Game of Thrones (which is an adaptation anyway), Netflix is smashing everyone else the last year or so for pure quality shows.

Just watched the pilot all alone in the dark on a dark, stormy night and now I'm sleeping* with the lights on and a rolling pin under my pillow...

*Yeah, right, as if I'm sleeping after watching that.
Haha. It's like that. Double check all doors locked before bed. Definitely one that should be watched at night. And the miserable weather in SA the last week has been the perfect atmosphere to accompany it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back