Game Day Grand Final 2016: Swans v Bulldogs....

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the result. Gunston despatched, Dangerfield dispatched and Tippett dispatched. Cool, thanks Dogs.

While happy for all the dogs supporters not too happy with Wood taking out Hanneburys legs. Could be a bad k ee injury out of that.
A bit of water under the bridge now, so wasn't too concerned with Tippett .......but hell i had the rosary beads working overtime hoping Dangerfield didn't get a flag .....am i a bad boy :$

Genuinely heartwarming day.

Beveridge giving up his medal to Murph has to go down as one of the moments in the games history.

You have to admire the whole Dogs club, and I hope we can take the next step to match their qualities.

There's a lot to be proud about at the AFC, but there's clear steps to make. Over to you Fages, Don and the players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=553d2eec90cbe75d026a4efa7c4ad9a3-1475314083

There were also a host of frees not paid during the third term. Jack was pushed in the back by Marcus Bontempelli right in front of goal and tackled high by Josh Dunkley again without a whistle. By the end of the third term the free kick count ballooned out to 15-4 and the final count ending up 20-8.

The five games the Bulldogs played against non-Victorian teams in Melbourne this year resulted in lopsided free kick counts on every count.

They won 58 per cent of frees against Fremantle, 67 against Brisbane, 70 against Adelaide, 51 against West Coast and 61 when they played the Gold Coast Suns all at Etihad Stadium. The final total in the five regular season games against interstate teams was 111-70.

In a game where the kicks are so hard to come by, the free ones count.

I've a deep desire to say that they get to the ball first. I didn't see too many obvious ones missed. The worst call I thought was the kicking in danger which could have been a sliding in free. But other than that, I don't recall thinking Sydney were robbed of many too obvious or the Dogs getting something no there. Although, there was that push in the back as disposing that resulted in a mis-kick. But they're barely paid.

Genuinely heartwarming day.

Beveridge giving up his medal to Murph has to go down as one of the moments in the games history.

You have to admire the whole Dogs club, and I hope we can take the next step to match their qualities.

There's a lot to be proud about at the AFC, but there's clear steps to make. Over to you Fages, Don and the players.
Sorry but had the eyes continually being wiped for an hour ......damn hay fever season :'(:$

We need a selection culture shift. Midfielders who can't run are absolutely useless. We had one who took pride of place and we chose him ahead of the team.
Certainly that's the message from the finals and what the Bulldogs did to Sydney

Yep and it wasn't only that either! Some shockers paid and not paid today. I think the Bulldogs did very well out of the umpiring. It appeared the VFL was at play.
I actually agree with this. Started out as a neutral but felt the Swans had a rough deal. Not sure the Murphy moment was all it was cracked up to be either. Mods in 97 was at least a dominant player. Maybe I'm just being cynical....

I've a deep desire to say that they get to the ball first. I didn't see too many obvious ones missed. The worst call I thought was the kicking in danger which could have been a sliding in free. But other than that, I don't recall thinking Sydney were robbed of many too obvious or the Dogs getting something no there. Although, there was that push in the back as disposing that resulted in a mis-kick. But they're barely paid.
We'll gave to agree to disagree, IMO the Swans were shafted.....by one umpire in particular and there were clearly 3 incidents where Dogs players dived taking out the legs of Swans players that have been payed as frees all year....that along with serial diver Toby McLean clearly ducking his head on 2 occasions that should not have been paid....he's even better at it than Joel Selwood!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the umpiring was terrible, Bulldogs definitely received an armchair ride.

It was also a case of not what was paid, but also what wasn't paid. Sydney fans can rightfully feel duped from today as far as the umpiring went.

I am also sick and tired of hearing commentators saying "they need to tackle lower" when players lift their arms to get free kicks for high tackles. Just change the frigging rules and eliminate it from the game because everyone is sick and tired of seeing it.

Bulldogs only had 8 free kicks paid against them all day.

20-8.

That's not over 210 free kick differential for the Bulldogs this season in total. Basically 10 free kicks extra per game.

Wasn't it Beveridge who said once that he teaches his players to play for free kicks ?

Anyone still whingeing that we finished 5th and therefore killed our season?

Um.. had we beaten the Eagles at home we would have gotten two home finals.

Instead we got a soft kill at home against North who were so far off the pace of the rest of the 7 teams it wasn't funny, then we had to play away to Sydney.

I think we would have at least made the prelim had we not shot ourselves in the foot in Round 23.

Wasn't it Beveridge who said once that he teaches his players to play for free kicks ?
That was Brad Scott

Became difficult to maintain the hate for Beveridge during this finals series :(

We had the whinging about Etihad/MCG, the whinging about Michael Talia, Pannell, his 'disgusting' comment then whining about the umpiring a week later. Plus the hair and the skateboarding. There was plenty there.

But four stirring finals victories as underdogs, the type we can only dream of, has a way of eating away at the vitriol. Plus the brilliant moment with Murphy. Damn you, Beveridge.

Back