What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was a great gesture by Beveridge, but would've be a better look if Murphy didn't accept it. In fact can't believe he was still wearing it afterwards. However the thing that pissed me off was how Murphy lifted hte cup before Beveridge had a chance to join in. You could see Beveridge trying to find a way in before Murphy selfishly did it without his freakin coach. Wasn't a fan of him before and even less now.
Holy shit I just watched it again. Bev went to grab the cup and then stood back looking a lil embarrassed. Oh well still I'm sure it doesnt bother him right now.

Don't like children handing out the players' premiership medals. They've just fought out a tense GF and achieved something they've worked all season / life for and in the midst of that raw emotion and their moment on the stage alone, have to make sure they're nice enough to a potentially over awed kid, lest the entire football world jumps down their throat.

watch it again. at 1.00 min mark he reaches to grab the cup.
"Bevo stepped towards it then backed off and started grinning"
"Wood was lifting the cup before murphy"

Aside from the recriminations of posting to a fan of a team.who beat us, let me say this.

A one - or more.accurately two man team, has a better chance than your no man team.

Considering we are in year 1 of a rebuild, we disposed of your imposters quite easily is here nor there.
Draft time will be interesting this year for the Cats.....gave up your first round pick. Just hope you blokes keep your list in tact for another year; Keep telling yourselves a flag is around the corner. :)

I don't actually get your point at all. Obviously Beveridge will go down in the history books as the coach? No one is claiming otherwise? He isn't trying to claim Murphy was the coach, just that he thought Murphy deserved a medal for his contributions.

He absolutely 100% can literally do whatever he wants. If he wants it to be Murphys he can give it away...
He can give away his medal to Bob, but he cannot make Bob a medalist.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

sydney docs should be sued for letting hanners back on the field. could of cost him his career

yeah i dont know about that, but i thought it was interesting as well....was clearly seriously injured....but i guess they know what they are doing

similar questions asked after they sent a clearly concussed JPK back out v GWS.....

i know inthe NFL players now have to be cleared by an independant DR before going back on...could be time to introduce the same here

The 2016 grand final has been and gone....... while the match had a tight struggle at times, and yes there was a lot of emotion in the lead up AND at the conclusion. But the game itself didn't seem like it was grand final quality, more regular season where nothing was on the line. If it were not for the crowd involvement at key pivotal moments it would have resembled a regular season.... if not pre season contest.

I don't know what it was that made me come to this conclusion ... the scoreline ? it was high-ish scoring toward the end, but the first half was a slow burn.

I have watched the game a handful of times now and think I've reached the point of not being able to watch it again.

Yet you have watched 2014 and 2015 over 100 times each, the former over 400 times.

Saturdays game was ****ing great, best GF in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we are in year 1 of a rebuild, we disposed of your imposters quite easily is here nor there.
Draft time will be interesting this year for the Cats.....gave up your first round pick. Just hope you blokes keep your list in tact for another year; Keep telling yourselves a flag is around the corner. :)

Keep telling yourself you're one year into a rebuild and not 17.

Yet you have watched 2014 and 2015 over 100 times each, the former over 400 times.

Saturdays game was ******* great, best GF in a long time.

I guess they were more sentimental because of the achievement of going back to back and a threepeat :p, plus the whole family involvement in the club thing :D. The second half was better than the first half, I think the first half let the overall game down.

The 2014 match was better as not only did Hawthorn belt the Swans, they systematically broke them down from the first quarter :p

The 2016 grand final has been and gone....... while the match had a tight struggle at times, and yes there was a lot of emotion in the lead up AND at the conclusion. But the game itself didn't seem like it was grand final quality, more regular season where nothing was on the line. If it were not for the crowd involvement at key pivotal moments it would have resembled a regular season.... if not pre season contest.

I don't know what it was that made me come to this conclusion ... the scoreline ? it was high-ish scoring toward the end, but the first half was a slow burn.

I have watched the game a handful of times now and think I've reached the point of not being able to watch it again.

wow - i thought it was an absolute cracker of a GF - very worthy!! definitely the best of recent years....

Keep telling yourself you're one year into a rebuild and not 17.

Unlike Geelong, we know exactly where we stand. It took us 5 years to recover from the AFL penalties. Our recruiting was appalling for 7 years, and we had a Board that believed that they could simply buy their way out of trouble. Finally we are on the same page and we are moving forward. We still have a few more years, but we take solace that we have the right people in place to move us forward. Unfortunately for Geelong, I think a few of the current squad have discovered the Geelong apparel of the 80's i.e. the handbag.

Unlike Geelong, we know exactly where we stand. It took us 5 years to recover from the AFL penalties. Our recruiting was appalling for 7 years, and we had a Board that believed that they could simply buy their way out of trouble. Finally we are on the same page and we are moving forward. We still have a few more years, but we take solace that we have the right people in place to move us forward. Unfortunately for Geelong, I think a few of the current squad have discovered the Geelong apparel of the 80's i.e. the handbag.

Who are you trying to convince, me or you?
Your team is shit mate. Shit on the same page is still shit.

I do. The skill level.

If the first qtr was a regular season game it would have been described as one of the worst qtrs of football for the year.

Most of the goals in the game were manufactured rather than being the result of structured play.

The Bulldogs have hacked the ball forward all year but Sydney also got into the act.

The pressure was good from both teams though but I'm not sure if that was a result of the poor disposal or the poor disposal was a result of it.

Not all Grand Finals are high scoring - I think of 2005/2006 as examples and I'm sure there are others. It's the pressure and never say die attitude of all players on the field that makes a GF and that was there in spades. I'm sure if Hawthorn had been playing you would have a different opinion.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back