What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have been, but having AFL360 and FoxFooty telling you he's the best bloke in football by a country mile gets really annoying. Every single ******* time the bulldogs get a mention it's "Bob Murphy geeeeee isn't he a ripper" then it leads into a montage of Bob Murphy saying some inspiring quotes in a really slow and kind of emotionally vague way and showing images of him running and bouncing before showing him on the ground holding his knee, saying something like "this wont define me". He somewhat plays up to it.

Maybe speak about other teams for once in a while than Bob Murphy every week.

Foxfooty is North Korea and Bob Murphy is Kim Jong Il. It makes me sick

What a high quality post. Absolutely pathetic comments.
Not sure whats "Absolutley pathetic" about his statements, i actually think he is being quite respectful.

Fact is 1 good game of football, regardless of the game, doesn't make you a good footballer. Grand finals arent special in that regard, 1 good game of football doesn't earn you the contract Tom Boyd is on. Grossly overpaid to say the least. People are making out like he kicked 10 goals and had 20 marks, 3 goals and 8 marks should be nothing more than a solid game for someone on his coin.

Not sure whats "Absolutley pathetic" about his statements, i actually think he is being quite respectful.

Fact is 1 good game of football, regardless of the game, doesn't make you a good footballer. Grand finals arent special in that regard, 1 good game of football doesn't earn you the contract Tom Boyd is on. Grossly overpaid to say the least. People are making out like he kicked 10 goals and had 20 marks, 3 goals and 8 marks should be nothing more than a solid game for someone on his coin.
The comments because are pathetic because

Say something original mate. Your comments are moronic. Saying that he has only played one good game shows how much you know. Get some tapes and watch the games properly clown.

The comments because are pathetic because

Say something original mate. Your comments are moronic. Saying that he has only played one good game shows how much you know. Get some tapes and watch the games properly clown.
So you think 13 goals this season, 3 marks a game as a forward is acceptable for someone on similar coin as Buddy (81 goals, 6 marks a game) amd Tom Lynch (66 goals, 7 marks a game)? Keep in mind Boyd is 21 and Lynch is 23, not a huge age difference.

I know its easy to get really emotional and just throw around words like "disgusting" and "pathetic" instead of actually addressing the point someone is trying to make, but do your best to be impartial.

So you think 13 goals this season, 3 marks a game as a forward is acceptable for someone on similar coin as Buddy (81 goals, 6 marks a game) amd Tom Lynch (66 goals, 7 marks a game)? Keep in mind Boyd is 21 and Lynch is 23, not a huge age difference.

I know its easy to get really emotional and just throw around words like "disgusting" and "pathetic" instead of actually addressing the point someone is trying to make, but do your best to be impartial.
It's also easy to misrepresent the economics of it. Do you think he was paid that much (front ended) because the Bulldogs thought his output would be equal to buddy?

It's also easy to misrepresent the economics of it. Do you think he was paid that much (front ended) because the Bulldogs thought his output would be equal to buddy?
No but i think they atleast expected him to be able to hold his spot in their best 22. As their highest paid player i think thats the very least you could ask for. Maybe a goal a game wouldn't hurt?

Oh, and not to get on the p*ss and beat up his teammates

No but i think they atleast expected him to be able to hold his spot in their best 22. As their highest paid player i think thats the very least you could ask for. Maybe a goal a game wouldn't hurt?

Oh, and not to get on the p*ss and beat up his teammates
Lol yeah. You're just one of those people. Cordy doesn't give a s**t about it, why would you?

He was almost best on ground in a grand final. They could've dropped him for it, Campbell played very well in the VFL grand final. As did Minson. Strange that someone who isn't best 22 wouldn't be dropped.

I'd take Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate if it meant a flag.

I think Jesse White is a good football player and has been consistent lately . I like the fend offs and moving through traffic at speed . Can also kick a goal or two
Jesse white is in an unfortunate position i think. He isn't as bad as people make him out to be. When you do a blind look at these sets of stats, its not as though he stands out as clearly worse than his peers of similar forward/ruck hybrid role:

- 18 goals in 20 games, 5.4 marks per game (Levis Casboult)
- 23 goals in 16 games, 5.4 marks per game (Jesse White)
- 26 goals in 17 games, 4.0 marks per game (Tyrone Vickery)
- 20 goals in 10 games, 5.8 marks per game (Jack Redpath)
- 17 goals in 17 games, 2.9 marks per game (Kurt Tippett)

Just reeks of anti-collingwood hate...

Jesse white is in an unfortunate position i think. He isn't as bad as people make him out to be. When you do a blind look at these sets of stats, its not as though he stands out as clearly worse than his peers of similar forward/ruck hybrid role:

- 18 goals in 20 games, 5.4 marks per game (Levis Casboult)
- 23 goals in 16 games, 5.4 marks per game (Jesse White)
- 26 goals in 17 games, 4.0 marks per game (Tyrone Vickery)
- 20 goals in 10 games, 5.8 marks per game (Jack Redpath)
- 17 goals in 17 games, 2.9 marks per game (Kurt Tippett)

Just reeks of anti-collingwood hate...
All those players cop it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol yeah. You're just one of those people. Cordy doesn't give a s**t about it, why would you?

He was almost best on ground in a grand final. They could've dropped him for it, Campbell played very well in the VFL grand final. As did Minson. Strange that someone who isn't best 22 wouldn't be dropped.

I'd take Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate if it meant a flag.
But your not taking Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate if it meant a flag, your taking Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate for less than a goal a game, 10 goals for the entire regular season.

Id argue he was best on ground grand final day, but it doesn't hide the fact his season was putrid, and his finals series prior to grand final consisted of 0.2 and 5 marks vs WC, 0.1 and 4 marks vs Hawks , 0.0 and 1 mark vs GWS

The Dogs thought they were buying into Tom Lynch or Jesse Hogan (the contract doesn't lie) and ended up with Majak Daw...

But your not taking Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate if it meant a flag, your taking Boyd @ 1 million and a clip to his teammate for less than a goal a game, 10 goals for the entire regular season.

Id argue he was best on ground grand final day, but it doesn't hide the fact his season was putrid, and his finals series prior to grand final consisted of 0.2 and 5 marks vs WC, 0.1 and 4 marks vs Hawks , 0.0 and 1 mark vs GWS

The Dogs thought they were buying into Tom Lynch or Jesse Hogan (the contract doesn't lie) and ended up with Majak Daw...
Again this is just an uneducated cherry picked view. It's using cherry picked stats with very little understanding of the actualities of those games

It's funny watching you complain about people bagging Jesse White, while bagging boyds output

And you're still yet to answer why he wasn't dropped if he was so terrible, and had big men dominating the twos

Majak Daw comparison? That is a stretch .
Anyway Dogs handed over the big bucks for a FF and got Ruck Forward instead. BONUS!!
Of the two Ruck forwards on GF day that are on big bucks only one had an impact and it wasn't Tippett.
And the Dogs are still under the cap enough to have a crack at getting Hurley. Glad he stayed with the Bombers.

Boyd was a huge part in a grand final win. Most clubs would take a career underperformer who rises on grand final day to help them win. Beggars can't be choosers. The Bulldogs absolutely got it right. He could spend the next 5 years being Chris Dawes and it wouldn't matter.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Again this is just an uneducated cherry picked view. It's using cherry picked stats with very little understanding of the actualities of those games

It's funny watching you complain about people bagging Jesse White, while bagging boyds output

And you're still yet to answer why he wasn't dropped if he was so terrible, and had big men dominating the twos
He was dropped... he only played 11 games in the regular season. Thats hardly holding your spot in the best 22.

- Jesse White (Around $400'000): 23 Goals in 16 games, 5.4 marks per game, 6.3 score involves per game, 285 meters per game
- Tom Boyd (Around $1'000'000): 13 Goals in 15 games, 3.3 marks per game, 4.7 score involves per game, 131 meters per game.

If Tom Boyd was on Jesse White coin, your right, it would be unfair of me to defend Jesse and knock Boyd (even though Jesse is still superior statistically), but Boyd is getting paid $1'000'000 a year to be a poor mans Jesse White...

Majak Daw comparison? That is a stretch .
Anyway Dogs handed over the big bucks for a FF and got Ruck Forward instead. BONUS!!
Of the two Ruck forwards on GF day that are on big bucks only one had an impact and it wasn't Tippett.
And the Dogs are still under the cap enough to have a crack at getting Hurley. Glad he stayed with the Bombers.
Is it fair to put so much emphasis on 1 game of football though? I mean, remove that 1 game out of the equation, how much as a dogs supporter do you honestly believe Boyd was worth prior to Grand Final day?

He was dropped... he only played 11 games in the regular season. Thats hardly holding your spot in the best 22.

- Jesse White (Around $400'000): 23 Goals in 16 games, 5.4 marks per game, 6.3 score involves per game, 285 meters per game
- Tom Boyd (Around $1'000'000): 13 Goals in 15 games, 3.3 marks per game, 4.7 score involves per game, 131 meters per game.

If Tom Boyd was on Jesse White coin, your right, it would be unfair of me to defend Jesse and knock Boyd (even though Jesse is still superior statistically), but Boyd is getting paid $1'000'000 a year to be a poor mans Jesse White...
Wait so when you say he isn't best 22 you mean historically and not currently? Still not answering the question.

Again selectively picking stats (inb4 "omg they're the stats that matter")

You summed up your attitude when you mentioned the incident about cordy. It doesn't matter what Boyd does, you will dislike him as a player.

AFL Players deserve a bigger share of the money pie.

I think a decent slice of the next broadcast rights deal/CBA should be going towards developing professional umpires at all levels.

To have part time officials in a sport that is growing more and more in terms of $$$ (thanks to the 10,000 new betting companies) is only going to end badly. Its only a matter of time before somebody buys out an official (if it hasn't happened already).

Is it fair to put so much emphasis on 1 game of football though? I mean, remove that 1 game out of the equation, how much as a dogs supporter do you honestly believe Boyd was worth prior to Grand Final day?
Judging by the cheer Boyd got when he went up to receive his GF medal I am positive Bulldog supporters couldn't give a rat's anus about his pay packet and his output during the H&A rounds. He is coming along nicely and we are confident Jason McCartney is managing the list and the cap so all our players are paid what they are worth.

Wait so when you say he isn't best 22 you mean historically and not currently? Still not answering the question.

Again selectively picking stats (inb4 "omg they're the stats that matter")

You summed up your attitude when you mentioned the incident about cordy. It doesn't matter what Boyd does, you will dislike him as a player.
"No but i think they atleast expected him to be able to hold his spot in their best 22". Would you disagree that only managing to get picked less than half the games throughout the season qualifies as not being able to hold your spot in the best 22? I never said he wasn't in the dogs best 22 on grand final day... that how form works...

Okay, find a stat where Tom Boyd clearly outshines Jesse White? I was just selecting the ones i felt were most relevant to a player of their position

You're seemingly obsessed with Boyd, but you know nothing about him. Tom Boyd was not dropped in 2016 ... not once. He was injured against Carlton in round 4 and didn't play seniors again till round 17. His comeback to the ones was delayed by the Cordy incident, but to say he was dropped is totally incorrect. Yet you've used it to support your argument 3 times!!! :eek:

Dropped .. not in best 22 .. incorrect. Calling him a Premiership hero would be correct :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back