List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/FA period is underway! The official thread (Check OP for official updates)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just picked up the paperwork for my upcoming trip to Hawai'i so in a good mood...

What I'm thinking

We want
- Gibbs
- Wroklyffe
- currency for Jarman
- currency for Edwards in 2017

And I think it's possible with what we've got, if there's any truth to the rumours

13 for Gibbs
Next year's 2nd and 3rd for Rocky and a late 2nd / 3rd this year
The late 2nd / 3rd this year for Jarman
Next year's 1st for Edwards

I'm in a cafe waiting for GF so I'll have a think with actual draft Picks and values later

Hawthorn look in real damage control

Lewis is majorly pissed off, he accepted less money on his latest contract deal to keep the group together and the pushing out Mitchell with the shopping around of other players to bring in Mitchell and O'Meara has not gone down well with him

If O'Meara gets traded in and considering the moves the club has made to bring him in he will come to the club with even more pressure to not only get on the park but to perform

Hope their fall from grace is a fast and full of sydney- like locker room arguments

Just picked up the paperwork for my upcoming trip to Hawai'i so in a good mood...

What I'm thinking

We want
- Gibbs
- Wroklyffe
- currency for Jarman

And I think it's possible with what we've got, if there's any truth to the rumours

13 for Gibbs

I'm in a cafe waiting for GF so I'll have a think with actual draft Picks and values later

Who?

What I'm thinking

We want
- Gibbs
- Wroklyffe
- currency for Jarman

13 for Gibbs

Its pretty terrible over here at the moment mate you'll hate it ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Gibbs trade currently going nowhere, could/should we take some time to look at other trade options - specifically the trading of Adelaide players.

We currently have multiple players who are out of contract, or who have been discussed as likely trade options. Here are my thoughts on where they stand:
CEY - Contracted for 2017, says he wants to stay (given Thompson's reduced status). Will almost certainly be an Adelaide Crow in 2017.
Lyons - Out of contract, but has been offered a contract for 2017 (albeit not as good as he was expecting). It seems that Adelaide would be happy to trade him, with North & GC apparently interested. Lyons apparently wants to stay. I think he'll be an Adelaide Crow in 2017, albeit on a lesser contract - possibly even a 12-month "Dead Man Walking" contract.
Grigg - Out of contract, there are no reports that he's been offered 2017 contract, and I think it's unlikely that the club will be making him any offers. Hasn't been delisted, so Adelaide were probably hoping to find some interest at the trade table. No rumours of any interested clubs at this stage. I think he'll be delisted as soon as the trading period ends. Whether another club signs him as a DFA, or ends up at Norwood, only time will tell.
Henderson - Out of contract, and there are no rumours that he's been offered a 2017 contract. Qualifies for Unrestricted Free Agency, but so far there have not been any reports of clubs interested in signing him. Adelaide has said that they're happy for him to leave as a UFA, so he's clearly not a "required player". I think this is the end of the road for Henderson. Adelaide don't want him, and apparently none of the other clubs do either. I think he'll be delisted if he can't find any takers as a UFA (and I don't see that happening now).
Dear - Out of contract, and there are no rumours of a contract offer for 2017. I think Adelaide will eventually offer Dear a contract, but in the meantime I think they would be prepared to trade him if the right opportunity came along. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being included in the Gibbs trade. I also think that his contract offer has been delayed while they wait for the trading period to end, so they know how much they have left in the cap before making offers to him & Cheney.
Cheney - Out of contract, and there are no rumours of a contract offer for 2017. Unlike Dear, I don't think Cheney is on the trade table. I think the club is just waiting to see how much salary cap space they have left (after trading), before making him an offer. I think it is highly likely that Cheney will be an Adelaide Crow in 2017.

Have I missed anyone (not counting the rookies)?

What are your thoughts? Do you agree/disagree? Where do you see these players ending up at the end of the trading period?

With the Gibbs trade currently going nowhere, could/should we take some time to look at other trade options - specifically the trading of Adelaide players.

We currently have multiple players who are out of contract, or who have been discussed as likely trade options. Here are my thoughts on where they stand:
CEY - Contracted for 2017, says he wants to stay (given Thompson's reduced status). Will almost certainly be an Adelaide Crow in 2017.
Lyons - Out of contract, but has been offered a contract for 2017 (albeit not as good as he was expecting). It seems that Adelaide would be happy to trade him, with North & GC apparently interested. Lyons apparently wants to stay. I think he'll be an Adelaide Crow in 2017, albeit on a lesser contract - possibly even a 12-month "Dead Man Walking" contract.
Grigg - Out of contract, there are no reports that he's been offered 2017 contract, and I think it's unlikely that the club will be making him any offers. Hasn't been delisted, so Adelaide were probably hoping to find some interest at the trade table. No rumours of any interested clubs at this stage. I think he'll be delisted as soon as the trading period ends. Whether another club signs him as a DFA, or ends up at Norwood, only time will tell.
Henderson - Out of contract, and there are no rumours that he's been offered a 2017 contract. Qualifies for Unrestricted Free Agency, but so far there have not been any reports of clubs interested in signing him. Adelaide has said that they're happy for him to leave as a UFA, so he's clearly not a "required player". I think this is the end of the road for Henderson. Adelaide don't want him, and apparently none of the other clubs do either. I think he'll be delisted if he can't find any takers as a UFA (and I don't see that happening now).
Dear - Out of contract, and there are no rumours of a contract offer for 2017. I think Adelaide will eventually offer Dear a contract, but in the meantime I think they would be prepared to trade him if the right opportunity came along. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being included in the Gibbs trade. I also think that his contract offer has been delayed while they wait for the trading period to end, so they know how much they have left in the cap before making offers to him & Cheney.
Cheney - Out of contract, and there are no rumours of a contract offer for 2017. Unlike Dear, I don't think Cheney is on the trade table. I think the club is just waiting to see how much salary cap space they have left (after trading), before making him an offer. I think it is highly likely that Cheney will be an Adelaide Crow in 2017.

What are your thoughts? Do you agree/disagree? Where do you see these players ending up at the end of the trading period?

CEY - I'd like to see him traded, but I think he will stay.
Lyons - I'd really like to see him trade, but it looks like he'll stay on a ludicrously low contract
Grigg - Done. Delisted.
Henderson - Done. If he isn't picked up as a UFA he will be delisted
Dear - Re-signed. Promising player. Won't be done until after the trade period
Cheney - Re-signed on a low contract. Been very good for us.

Vader, I think you are jumping the gun at the Gibbs trade going nowhere. You are confusing Adelaide's unwillingness to comment and converting whats being said in the vic press and by Rucci as fact. I highly doubt either Carlton nor Adelaide let alone any other club will talk to the media about the state of affairs with a trade negotiation. That is amateur hour negotiating 101 if a club does that. I think we have to let things play out. Both Roo and Fagen have put themselves on the line with statements that contradict what is being said in the paper. They wouldn't be doing that if there were issues.

Going nowhere based on media speculation

I'm not sure that is the case

Vader, I think you are jumping the gun at the Gibbs trade going nowhere. You are confusing Adelaide's unwillingness to comment and converting whats being said in the vic press and by Rucci as fact. I highly doubt either Carlton nor Adelaide let alone any other club will talk to the media about the state of affairs with a trade negotiation. That is amateur hour negotiating 101 if a club does that. I think we have to let things play out. Both Roo and Fagen have put themselves on the line with statements that contradict what is being said in the paper. They wouldn't be doing that if there were issues.
Going nowhere based on media speculation

I'm not sure that is the case
I think you're misinterpreting that statement.

I think the Gibbs deal will get done, but for now it's in a holding pattern and there's no news coming from either of the clubs. It's time for us to discuss something else, rather than going round & round & round in ever decreasing circles, given that we know there won't be any announcements until Monday at the earliest.

Rockliff has a lot more class than Thompson, and dispite the off field issues he would give good "on field/game day" leadership for our young players

I'd expect Cameron to play mainly in the midfield next season, knight to be in the best 22 & Possible Milera to stand up and claim a spot

If that happens, that's a good injection of pace
:p:p Utter rubbish .......once again people comparing players, one in his prime versus one at the end of his career .....this statement is a complete understating of how good Thommo was over his career

Thompson wasn't really an issue at all when he was beasting it in the middle and getting 30 odd touches a game. Only became an issue when he stopped racking it up as he doesn't hurt the opposition with his disposal and his other faults started to show more. Rocky in theory would rack it up so his potentially questionable speed wouldn't matter at all.
Watched the early season Richmond game yesterday ......and whilst everyone agrees Thommo tailed of badly towards the years end ......the Richmond game was Thommo in full flight ......watch it objectively and sensible people will say he had some very good games, just not enough

:p:p Utter rubbish .......once again people comparing players, one in his prime versus one at the end of his career .....this statement is a complete understating of how good Thommo was over his career
I think they're comparing them at this point in time. It's fair to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back