Rumour Turmoil at Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because players are linked doesn't mean they would all be traded in to a certain club. Clubs needs change on a daily basis when it comes to trade week. Points come into it. Prospective contracts do as well. I thought we did pretty well at the trade table. Everyone of those traded in were first rd picks. Some more talented than others. We gained more depth that we previously had and kept pick 5 and 25. SOS and Bolts did a fantastic job. When there is infighting at our football club, those in the know seem to get that information and pass it on to other Carlton supporters pretty quick. The fact that know one has heard anything of the sort tells me that your information is most likely made up just to get a few likes on a football forum
Yes,Carlton have done a good job,because Bolton was wise enough to step in. Silvagni is well within his rights to change his views or alter them to fit in with the coach.As originally stated, the problem is more to do with Gleeson,although SOS should probably have listened to Bolton a bit better before it has gotten to the level it has. I'd also imagine some Carlton fans are going to say that Silvagni did a great job no matter what he did.

I suggest you go back a check our sources information on Steele. SOS said he was a speed bump. You are still making things up as you go mate
So why is Parmer suddenly a great get and does his age fit to what Carlton are after. It's pretty clear there has been a big change in strategy from only a couple of weeks ago.

Read previous posts....
So did these people on your board with all these strong links to the club,who share their information have Steele linked to Carlton two weeks ago or did they share information that SOS now thinks of him as a speed hump,even though it was him who originally drafted him? Did any of these posters in the know have Palmer linked or did something drastically change? I'd say something has seriously changed from the original post two weeks ago and a falling out between Bolton and SOS could have led to such a change.

So did these people on your board with all these strong links to the club,who share their information have Steele linked to Carlton two weeks ago or did they share information that SOS now thinks of him as a speed hump,even though it was him who originally drafted him? Did any of these posters in the know have Palmer linked or did something drastically change? I'd say something has seriously changed from the original post two weeks ago and a falling out between Bolton and SOS could have led to such a change.
Honestly mate just give up. This is AFL football we are talking here. Not 4th division bush league. As I previously said. Clubs strategies change on a daily basis. I'm done.

Your own supporters had you linked to numerous GWS players and some had them linked to pick five. You only got two plus one that wasn't linked who you took to bring down the price of the others. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed for a reason. Is it to much to suggest the strategy was changed after Bolton went to the board? After the goings on over the past week there seems more reason to believe the OP than not. I'm sure you have supporters who claim to be in the know and if they are I can guarantee they know something is up between Bolton and Silvagni. Do you honestly believe Silvagni would not have tried to package up some of the GWS players who went to other clubs if he could have?

The club said before trade week pick 5 would not be traded.

Honestly mate just give up. This is AFL football we are talking here. Not 4th division bush league. As I previously said. Clubs strategies change on a daily basis. I'm done.
Your the one who said you have posters on your board who know all yet you didn't answer the question

No,I would actually like to see Carlton climb back up the ladder and I'd like to see Bolton get a fair run at it. Steele and Stewart going to other clubs other than Carlton while being very strongly linked all season and then Parmer going to Carlton to simply bring down the price of the other two down shows something has changed. What has changed? Has this obvious change in direction got anything to do with Bolton and how has this effected his relationship with Silvagni? I'd say it wouldn't have really mattered that much if Gleeson acted more professional and this is what's caused the fued. The fued was pointed out weeks ago and there has been a clear change of direction since then.
Can't get players that nominate other clubs just because we want them and spoke about them at some point.
While we are trying to address our age profile and other list problems, we are in a position where we can take in players we don't necessarily want in order to get players we do want at a cheaper rate. What club wouldn't do that if they could? We did that last year too. Plowman and Phillips were the targets and Sumner and Lamb were taken as a favour to GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I think they did at some point, along with a number of others, ALL of which we could never have gotten, even with #5. That is simply a part of negotiating and looking at all options. At the time, GWS were adamant that Marchbank would take a 1st rounder to get and #5 was the only 1st we had, so it's natural to look at trying to get the most value for that pick, even if you don't want to trade it out, just in case you can't find another 1st somewhere during trade period. At that time, both Tuohy and Gibbs were staying. Their requests to leave opened up opportunities to get more picks that could be used in the GWS deal.
Personally I haven't heard the speed bump comment, but I don't think Nav is in the habit of making things up.
Big deal if SOS originally drafted him. Kids get drafted based on what they do in junior footy/TAC/etc. All clubs/list managers draft players based on what they see at lower levels and the same list managers then delist or trade them a few years down the track if they don't live up to expectations in the AFL club environment. Opinions change.

Word on the street is that bolton is really filthy at SOS, apparently SOS dosnt like to include bolton in recruitment discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back