Remove this Banner Ad

FB: Wirrpanda Glass McIntosh
HB: Worsfold Jakovich Mckenna
C: Matera Kemp Cousins
HF: Lewis Kennedy Heady
FF: Lecras Sumich Matera
R: Cox Kerr Judd
I: Nicnat Priddis Hart Mainwaring

Had to pick 7 defenders and 2 rucks. It's out way. Was a 50/50 on Gardiner vs Nicnat, such a shame about gardy's knee and later substance issues. Wanted to pick fido instead of phil matera but went body of work over finals performances. Banners vs Mainy was interesting as i think people look back on Mainy with rose tinted glasses a bit and forget just how good banners was pre injury rather than the last few journeyman type years.

Think it may vary as to whether we are talking the modern game or 10-15 years ago. Mainy was a classic helicopter kick at times and would not of gone quite as well if playing in today's style of play. Another couple of years and we will hopefully all be saying that Matera and Gaff are the two outside wingman - end of story!

Think it may vary as to whether we are talking the modern game or 10-15 years ago. Mainy was a classic helicopter kick at times and would not of gone quite as well if playing in today's style of play. Another couple of years and we will hopefully all be saying that Matera and Gaff are the two outside wingman - end of story!

If i was leaving structure the same it would just mean gaff takes mainy's spot on the interchange as he isn't anywhere near the quality of cousins.

FB: Wirrpanda McIntosh Glass (vc)
HB: Worsfold(c) Jakovich Mckenna
C: Matera Kemp Cousins
HF: Lewis Kennedy Heady
FF: Lecras Sumich Matera
R: Cox Kerr Judd
I: Nicnat Priddis Hunter Mainwaring

Glass in the pocket as he plays on smalls better than McIntosh and was great zoning off.

Wirra has to be in the side, smaller agile and rebounding back who can play forward.

Not many Hunter fans out there but makes the bench for me. Bit more mongrel who can play back or forward.

Damn good side.

Hon mentions to Banfield, Hart, Pike, Embley, Braun and Waterman. Shuey, Gaff, Darling and Duggan I expect to challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wirrpanda Glass MacIntosh
Worsfold(c) Jacovich McKenna
Pe Matera Kemp Mainwaring
Heady Kennedy Lecras
Evans Sumich Ph Matera

NN Judd Cousins
Cox Embley McGovern Kerr
Surely Mitchell and Petrie get a gig.

Surely Mitchell and Petrie get a gig.
I was going to include Petrie, but I was worried his body wouldn't hold up, so I would have been forced to also include Vardy who's struggled with injury as back up for Lycett who currently is out with a knee in order to provide support for Giles who I didn't really want in the team anyway, but who might be good for a couple games. #listbuild2017style

Last edited:
FB: A.Carter, T.Carroll, L.Bellotti
HB: K.Green, G.Harding, B.Wilson
C: T.Houlihan, J.McNamara, K.Munro
HF: P.McGinnity (C), A.McDougall, L.Bedford
FF: G.Weedon, D.Antonowicz, L.Broome

R: I.Grgic, J.Humm, C.Adamson

I: T.Notte, C.Morton, K.Lucas, Dr.Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back