NFL 2016 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

This is literally me, although different episodes. In one of the earliest seasons, he is supporting the Cowboys in a regular season game; so on the wagon I jumped.
YES! I knew i wasn't crazy, I thought Dallas had been in there more than once.

Did he explain to Maggie that they were his team and he wanted them to lose by less than 7 to cover the spread? :p

Both of these contributed to my supportership, haven't looked back since

YES! I knew i wasn't crazy, I thought Dallas had been in there more than once.

Did he explain to Maggie that they were his team and he wanted them to lose by less than 7 to cover the spread? :p

Both of these contributed to my supportership, haven't looked back since
Yep that's the one

If it was the Jacksonville Jags or Cleveland Browns in that Simpson's episode I have a feeling it would have been a different story. Still I don't blame someone for following a good well known team in a new game they're trying to follow if it helps them like the game more. Think it's great that so many on here seem to have a real passion for their team as if they grew up with them.

What I don't understand is why a guy like Kevin Durant would want to go to the Warriors. Basketball is a game where on guy can have a massive effect. Yet instead of making a difference at a team he just joins the best. Ultimate bandwagoner.

Nothing like a fuey meltdown when the Cowboys are playing well :D

That's not a meltdown!

I saw something funny, I posted it. It just HAPPENED to be anti-cowbot.

I haven't even raised a sweat with this one, I'm not even having a go at anyone on this forum.

Except for Chism , he sucks.

The function of the bandwagoner tag isn't to start a discussion about why some new poster chose their team. Fundamentally, I think that is likely to be of no interest to anyone.

The function is a societal one, integral to the functioning of boards such as this. The principle is simple: if you're not around when your team isn't a top one, nobody wants to hear from you when they are. We, as a board that discusses the game and interacts regularly (including all of the shots at each other that come from that), don't have to respect or take s**t from people who don't offer anything by way of analysis or discussion, and who do not show up to cop it sweet when their team isn't brilliant.

Being an Australian NFL fan it's probably easier to jump on a bandwagon simply due to the FTA games being shown.

Pretty sure people on this board have said that's how they started and then found a team that they actually liked.

If it was the Jacksonville Jags or Cleveland Browns in that Simpson's episode I have a feeling it would have been a different story. Still I don't blame someone for following a good well known team in a new game they're trying to follow if it helps them like the game more. Think it's great that so many on here seem to have a real passion for their team as if they grew up with them.

What I don't understand is why a guy like Kevin Durant would want to go to the Warriors. Basketball is a game where on guy can have a massive effect. Yet instead of making a difference at a team he just joins the best. Ultimate bandwagoner.
Why people jump on Durant but not LeBron is beyond me. LeBron only joined Miami cos of Bosh and Wade. Then only joined Cleveland when we was assured of getting Love.

If anyone is the bandwagoner its LeBron.

Why people jump on Durant but not LeBron is beyond me. LeBron only joined Miami cos of Bosh and Wade. Then only joined Cleveland when we was assured of getting Love.

Agree and unfortunately it's the way the AFL is going as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't think people jumped on LeBron, I'm not sure what planet you were on.

Tyreek Hill became the first player with a rushing touchdown, receiving touchdown and kick return score in a single game since Gale Sayers (1965, Bears against Vikings).

They should have let him kick an extra point.

I dunno, tough to jump onto a new team and become a fan. Hard to leave all that baggage behind.

If someone does freely jump then let them, they are still trying to find their place in the sport.

I dunno, tough to jump onto a new team and become a fan. Hard to leave all that baggage behind.

If someone does freely jump then let them, they are still trying to find their place in the sport.

1561161-450x253.jpg

I went through a bit of a process picking a team before I decided that I wanted to support Detroit. Didn't want any of the top teams or the universally popular,didn't want one of the newer franchises either, but wanted someone that I thought was good to watch,bit of an underdog and with potential to have some success and make playoffs in the nearish future. I wasn't even a watcher of NFL until a few years ago and now I'm a bit obsessed. Love all the stats,the desperation to get that 1st down, the last few minutes when a team needs a length of the field drive to win etc.

He would've become the first player to do all those things and a PAT since....whom?
Halas Blanda comes to mind. I had a book of NFL records somewhere. Will look for it , or maybe get lazy like kids today and google it :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back