India vs Australia 3rd Test: 16 to 20 March at Ranchi at 3pm (Mel/Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

This test has been a rollercoaster.

End of day 1 - Aus happy.
End of day 2 - Ind relatively happier taking 150/6 and 1 down at stumps.
End of day 3 - Aus ahead/happy
End of day 4 - India happy
End of day 5 - Australia happy

Could say it was a dead pitch but pretty absorbing cricket and both sides had the opportunity to press home their advantage at various points.
Heh heh, and on Saturday it starts all over again.

To the selectors that picked out Renshaw and Handscomb many months back a big thank you.
You get it wrong sometimes but in this case you pulled some real rippers from our Shield system.
We got some substance now. Still lots to improve on but our Test team is on the right track after being in limbo early in our summer.

I like good hard tough, push the edge Test cricket.

Sitting on your arse and getting a 3 hour pedicure after falling over, then coming out and being a caricature of yourself is really disappointing.

He's a helluva batsman Kohli, one the worlds best, and he's there not just to lead, but to make runs.

Bit precious at the moment.

Me, me, me.

If they produced a highway, they can easily shred it to bits.
They can. But thats no real guarantee for anyone. This draw has setup an epic conclusion to a very exciting series.

I for one can't wait. Even if we lose the next one i can honestly say this has been a fantastic series. Hope we win and dont go mental and be assholes about it. However the latter may be too much to ask for

Pressure all on India now - all we need is a draw in the final test to retain the B-G Trophy.

Hoping Smith rams this home due during his press conference and ups the ante and comments that the momentum has now swung our way

Only for Kohli to pick something out of thin air to complain about and turn the screws again! :D

OK so we could have declared with 2.5 overs to go? Why didn't we do that?

Because India were ahead of the rate so there was still more than 10 minutes remaining, so they lose 10 minutes for changeover but India could have come out and batted for the other 8-9 minutes. Even when the match ended there was 13 minutes remaining, so a declaration there could have given India 1 over of batting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very proud of the way we "gutsed" out a draw.

This may well be the makings of a new band that plays together for a while.

I will put my hand up and admit that I was one of those who thought we would get comprehensively flogged on this tour .

Where as we have been surprisingly competitive .

Well I was wrong.......................... again sigh.

Oh and I agree with many who have already posted Kohli what a flog lol that was your test to lose.

So you arrogant arse wipe why don't you go stand on the balcony with a hot festering :pileofpoop: in your hands and :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: we would all like to review that.

Warner and even Mitch Marsh have still made more runs than Kohli :D
Stumps taken Virat 1 Marsh and Warner 0

17265198_1211143692333471_3597967911241216740_n.jpg

Absolutely brilliant draw. I've waited for so long for Australia to pull this off and they've finally done it - in India of all places.

I seriously did not expect us to pull that off, especially after being 4/63 with Smith and Renshaw out.

Marsh and Handscomb - seriously take a bow you two.

I might have been fuming after we let the 2nd Test slip, but we've done brilliantly to take the series to a decider in the 4th Test.

The only negatives ATM are Warner and Smith's tactics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back