• Shai Bolton

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Todd Elton

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just back from the game. Amazing finals type atmosphere.

Negatives

DeBoy - A certified cheat and corrupt umpire. In all walks of life, if you are crap at your job, you are fired. This moron is corrupt. The club needs to grow a spine and push for cheats like him to be removed from our game. That "deliberate" was right in front of us, and when players are looking at umpires to take an advantage over their opponents, instead of impacting the game as players, then you know there's a problem. This idiot is an imbecile.
Accuracy in front of goal - Jack (twice), Caddy (twice) and Edwards. All easy goals.
Lloyd - Some very selfish acts late in the game.
Exchanging of jumpers - Really hated that. If you want to wear our great Jumper, ask your manager for a trade. We might think about it. To see those drug cheats wear our great jumper was a low light.

Positives

Finally won a close one. Good reward for the players, even though Essendon Globetrotters had a few kicked for them by their extra player.
Cotchin's second half - Immense. Really willed the team to follow his example. His second and third efforts inspired his teammates.
Backline - Asbury (underrated), Grimes (Mr Fixit) and Rance (Superman). I had an interesting conversation with an Essencheat supporter who made the statement "Rance does not man up - he has no opponent". That statement is correct. He has no opponent, as he plays on opponents. Not one, but two, or maybe three..and beats them all.
Elton - In a strange week where some delusion media people were speculating that Hurley is better than Rance, Rance beats Hooker AND Danaher, and Hurley possibly breaks even with Elton. Elton contested and brought the ball to ground on several occasions. Now a world beater - but he keeps his spot.
Bolton - did some incredible 1%ers. A brief window in what he will be capable of. Looks like a player with flair and attitude.
Caddy - Kick straight and he has 5. Was tough in some packs. Great pickup.

It was a game where we were in control of the game for long periods. All four quarters were equal. Kick straight and we win by 6-7 goals - which was the real difference between the sides.

Out - Lloyd, Castagna
In - Butler, Lennon
I would keep Lloyd instead of Elton; if Lloyd had played as many games as Elton he would have kicked more than 1 goal.

Despite how close the game was I never once felt like we'd lose tonight. Our press was back to somewhere near where it was the first 5 weeks. We constantly gave the Bombers little room to move and were forcing repeated F50 entries. Even when the Bombers did get through there was Rance Astbury Houli McIntosh Short & Ellis there to either intercept or kill the contest. It was only the odd occasion that the Bombers were able to do any real damage and that was more because of mismatches than them being that good.

Individually tonight was the best game Ellis has played for about 2 years. Clean, creative and courageous were the words that came to mind watching him tonight. Having a look at the stats now that I'm home and he had 30 disposals 13 contested possessions 90% efficiency 1 clanger 9 marks 2 contested marks(can't remember last time he took one) 3 tackles 7 1% acts and a goal. Decent game for a HBF. Hopefully tonight is a game where he gets back to the 2014 type of form he was in and becomes another attacking weapon for us coming out of D50.

Another one I was impressed with was Prestia, questions have been asked about him in recent weeks but tonight he was moving across the ground smoothly, seemed to have an extra yard of pace and was quite creative with his disposal. Wasn't the biggest contested ball winner but his hard running and link up play was very important tonight. His mate Caddy was equally impressive and showed how badly we missed him last week. Only had the 14 disposals but could have finished with 5-6 goals tonight had he kicked straight.

The other thing I was pleased about was how our leaders stood up after being questioned by the media throughout the week and especially Matthew Lloyd this morning in the paper. Cotchin was huge all night, Martin was a star, Jack may have missed the sitters but in the end kicked an important goal late in the game from out near 50 and Rance proved why he is considered among the greatest KPDs of all time.

Lastly I want to acknowledge some of the kids highlights. Menadue didn't get a heap of it, but his chase down of Floggard and sticking the tackle needs the Hate gif treatment. Bolton is going to be lethal with Rioli in years to come, especially if we can get another KPF target to help spread the opposition defenders.

Next week against the Roos, I'd go in unchanged as nobody at the VFL played well enough to deserve a spot.

He hasn't even kicked 30 goals in his entire career yet, I think that's a premature call tbh.

I think after several years of development, he could be a 50 goal a year player potentially... but the key words there are "after several years"

If he kicks 30 goals next year (whether for us OR whoever he goes to), I'll eat my hat!

He's kicked 22 goals in 23 games in a side that gets flogged every week, taking on the oppositions best defender. Put him in a team with Riewoldt, Martin, Cotchin, Rance + all the forward line assistance he'd receive in Rioli, Butler, Caddy etc + being home with his friends and family and we've got ourselves a star.

If he lines up for us in 2018, 30 goals is about what I'd expect at most from him, but as we've seen - even a spud like Elton is crucial to the success of our structure. Schache would flourish and so would the entire team for having him there.

He's kicked 22 goals in 23 games in a side that gets flogged every week, taking on the oppositions best defender. Put him in a team with Riewoldt, Martin, Cotchin, Rance + all the forward line assistance he'd receive in Rioli, Butler, Caddy etc + being home with his friends and family and we've got ourselves a star.

If he lines up for us in 2018, 30 goals is about what I'd expect at most from him, but as we've seen - even a spud like Elton is crucial to the success of our structure. Schache would flourish and so would the entire team for having him there.

Good to see you're flying the flag on other boards mate... Keep up the good work

Despite how close the game was I never once felt like we'd lose tonight. Our press was back to somewhere near where it was the first 5 weeks. We constantly gave the Bombers little room to move and were forcing repeated F50 entries. Even when the Bombers did get through there was Rance Astbury Houli McIntosh Short & Ellis there to either intercept or kill the contest. It was only the odd occasion that the Bombers were able to do any real damage and that was more because of mismatches than them being that good.

Individually tonight was the best game Ellis has played for about 2 years. Clean, creative and courageous were the words that came to mind watching him tonight. Having a look at the stats now that I'm home and he had 30 disposals 13 contested possessions 90% efficiency 1 clanger 9 marks 2 contested marks(can't remember last time he took one) 3 tackles 7 1% acts and a goal. Decent game for a HBF. Hopefully tonight is a game where he gets back to the 2014 type of form he was in and becomes another attacking weapon for us coming out of D50.

Another one I was impressed with was Prestia, questions have been asked about him in recent weeks but tonight he was moving across the ground smoothly, seemed to have an extra yard of pace and was quite creative with his disposal. Wasn't the biggest contested ball winner but his hard running and link up play was very important tonight. His mate Caddy was equally impressive and showed how badly we missed him last week. Only had the 14 disposals but could have finished with 5-6 goals tonight had he kicked straight.

The other thing I was pleased about was how our leaders stood up after being questioned by the media throughout the week and especially Matthew Lloyd this morning in the paper. Cotchin was huge all night, Martin was a star, Jack may have missed the sitters but in the end kicked an important goal late in the game from out near 50 and Rance proved why he is considered among the greatest KPDs of all time.

Lastly I want to acknowledge some of the kids highlights. Menadue didn't get a heap of it, but his chase down of Floggard and sticking the tackle needs the Hate gif treatment. Bolton is going to be lethal with Rioli in years to come, especially if we can get another KPF target to help spread the opposition defenders.

Next week against the Roos, I'd go in unchanged as nobody at the VFL played well enough to deserve a spot.

Agree on 99% of your post mate but we can not possibly give Tod Elton another game next week, I would much rather go into the game with an extra small ( Butler than todd elton) Only concern would be our relief ruckman but Goldy is going to kill who ever goes up against him next week so we just take that and rove to his taps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

listening to the highlights of the rushed behind goal, people mentioned richo sided with it? when it first happened he let out a yelp of frustration and seemed pretty pissed like we all were then as he normally does pretends to not be richmond biased so he become more neutral, some guys should give him some slack, he is paid to be impartial, in talking tigers he is very much for us

We totally outplayed druggos All be it for 5 minutes of 1st quarter , should have won by 8 goals , 71 inside 50s to 45 or something is huge discrepancy . Apart from kicking for goal I think we played a 4 solid quarter game and that should be like that every week , but learn to kick straight ffs

He can't kick and looks to handball in most cases. Something isn't right with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tbh i thought he was ok today, 6.5/10 maybe, had some good moments, and didnt really butcher many kicks. his game today will be heaps better than what we have atm, calls to drop him are a farce. seriously townsend or miles will come in and get there useless 15 disps, maybe harsh on miles but the games he has had werent that good.

Back