Prediction The Run Home - Final Five

Remove this Banner Ad

Top spot is there for us.

Beat Sydney and WCE and we have beaten every top 8 side during the year.

A great thing for the boys to have mentally going into Finals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also went through predicting the winners and I took the road of the Crows losing every game except against Collingwood whilst trying to be realistic with the other results. If this were to happen we could end up 6th and Port could actually end up top. Given Port lost today I think that will stuff them up for the top spot. All we need to do is beat Collingwood and win one of our last 4 games and if that happens then we get our second chance. There are still some iffy games for us. In fact our run home is tough.

Adelaide last 5
v Collingwood MCG win - May get a letdown game after a big fortnight, but Collingwood are puss. Should do this easily.
v Port Adelaide AO win - Had their measure recently, and have a better side too boot. T
v Essendon Etihad win - Essendon are alright, but this should be a pretty regulation win.
v Sydney AO ?? 50/50 - The premierships darkhorse. Reckon they'll be setting up to ambush us here, and are a good enough side to do it effectively.
v West Coast Subiaco loss 30/70 - By now we should have top 2 locked up, and may avoid going all out here.

Premiership winning teams don't have letdowns at this time of the year, so I'd expect us to be focused and to get the job done. Collingwood have nothing up forward or down back.

The way I see it if we lose to any team other than Sydney in our last five games I will question how we will go in Finals.

None of Collingwood, Port, Essendon, or WCE will either make the eight or do much in Finals. We should win all four of these games if we are serious about pushing for a flag.

Bring the intensity we played at last night and respect these four opponents we will beat them.

Sydney IMO are the best side right now and who I think will win the flag. I am unsure where we sit compared to them.

What's our history like with back to back 6 day breaks?

Sydney game is on the back if this.

I'm sorry but why is everyone talking up Sydney as the best side right now.

The teams they've beaten are - Brisbane (18th), North Melbourne (17th), St Kilda (10th), Bulldogs (11th), Richmond (7th) (By a measly 9 points), Essendon (8th) (By 1 Point), Melbourne (6th), Gold Coast (15th), GWS (3rd)

In my opinion the only impressive wins are Dee's and GWS. Yet GWS have a lot of injury's. I don't rate richmond very highly and Essendon should of beat them.

The teams they've beaten are - Brisbane (18th), North Melbourne (17th), St Kilda (10th), Bulldogs (11th), Richmond (7th) (By a measly 9 points), Essendon (8th) (By 1 Point), Melbourne (6th), Gold Coast (15th), GWS (3rd)

In my opinion the only impressive wins are Dee's and GWS. Yet GWS have a lot of injury's. I don't rate richmond very highly and Essendon should of beat them.
Simmer down our wins this season and you'll come up with a similarly average assessment.

Key stat is that they'll be 10-1 after tonight. Ignore it at your own risk.

Simmer down our wins this season and you'll come up with a similarly average assessment.

Say what? We are 6-2 against sides in top 8 with Port, Essendon, Sydney and West Coast to come.

Sydney are certainly the form side but a couple of wins were at the death.

At home against them, I'm confident.

Not all wins are worth the same in terms of how they should be rated. Mind you, Sydney isn't a good example of a team performing above their station because of a soft draw.

Lets add Melbourne after winning today they are on 40 points with 5 games to go maximum 20 minimum 12 52/60

v Kangaroos in Tassie/Blundstone ??
v Giants Manuka ??
v Saints MCG win
v Lions MCG win
V Magpies MCG win
I reckon Port, Bombers and Demons will be on 52 and Richmond, GWS, Sydney on 56 and Cats on 66. We will be on 68.

Last edited:
Say what? We are 6-2 against sides in top 8 with Port, Essendon, Sydney and West Coast to come.

To be honest I don't think they are. They have honestly had a really soft draw to get back to where they are.

And like I said lucky to beat the bombers could of easily lost the Richmond game as well.

I reckon Port and Demons will be on 52 and Richmond, GWS, Sydney on 56 and Cats on 66. We will be on 68.
Hope so. We can avoid Geelong till the GF ( if we keep winning) and this then makes the Sydney at AO game crucial in setting a mindset for the players in believing they can beat Sydney at AO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you've missed my point. Reducing the importance of wins is an easy exercise. You can do it for us too if you try hard enough.

Swans are the real deal. Form team of the comp no doubt about it.

I think Essendon at Etihad is actually a lot harder than it seems , concerned re that one ( amongst others )

Yet weirdly, they seem to be our bunnies over the last couple of years. I know there were issues with the first two because of the quality of players they had, but the spanking earlier this year was after they had won their first two games then had an incredibly low scoring game against Carlton before we just outclassed them. In 2016 it was the top ups, but with Worsfold in the box you would think he would have some idea of our structures etc. Now they have our former tactician also in the box working with Worsfold, but it didn't help them earlier in the year.
2017 rnd 4 - 153 - 88 (AO)
2016 rnd 19 - 143 - 61 (AO)
2015 rnd 20 - 171 - 59 (Etihad) the Bye Bye Hirdy game

Yet weirdly, they seem to be our bunnies over the last couple of years. I know there were issues with the first two because of the quality of players they had, but the spanking earlier this year was after they had won their first two games then had an incredibly low scoring game against Carlton before we just outclassed them. In 2016 it was the top ups, but with Worsfold in the box you would think he would have some idea of our structures etc. Now they have our former tactician also in the box working with Worsfold, but it didn't help them earlier in the year.
2017 rnd 4 - 153 - 88 (AO)
2016 rnd 19 - 143 - 61 (AO)
2015 rnd 20 - 171 - 59 (Etihad) the Bye Bye Hirdy game
We were on fire earlier this year and the margin flattered us

It will be hostile and we will be up against it IMO

Daniher one of only forwards that can trouble Talia and they have plenty of speed to take us on and defend us

Will be a cracker I reckon

That's like saying we are no good because we lost to hawthorn Melbourne and Norh

In an even season being consistent is enough proof your a good side and winning away from home even more so

The way I see it if we lose to any team other than Sydney in our last five games I will question how we will go in Finals.

None of Collingwood, Port, Essendon, or WCE will either make the eight or do much in Finals. We should win all four of these games if we are serious about pushing for a flag.

Bring the intensity we played at last night and respect these four opponents we will beat them.

Sydney IMO are the best side right now and who I think will win the flag. I am unsure where we sit compared to them.

Agreed, I said before the Geelong game I had a feeling we might win vs Geelong and lose to Sydney.

Hope we beat Sydney during the home and away to hopefully keep them out of top 4 so we don't have to play them in finals.

In my mind there are only 3 sides that can genuinely win it this year: Crows, GWS and Sydney.

we should beat collingwood but is definitely not a gimme. when we were in hot form last year, the pies managed to make it a really contested game and kept us to only 97 points. they have played some ordinary football but is bound to click one game. levi greenwood will definitely go to sloane. need to watch out for treloar, elliot, de goey and obviously pendebury if he recovers.

we should beat collingwood but is definitely not a gimme. when we were in hot form last year, the pies managed to make it a really contested game and kept us to only 97 points. they have played some ordinary football but is bound to click one game. levi greenwood will definitely go to sloane. need to watch out for treloar, elliot, de goey and obviously pendebury if he recovers.

I have no doubt about our ability to beat Collingwood if we're switched on.

The real test for us will be not just winning thanks to our forwards and backs, but winning the midfield battle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back