Autopsy Great to get another win! Pies beat North by 54 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree but that how the afl roles these days. I saw it as a good tackle and unfortunate that brown got hurt. But that's not how the afl see's it this days
Players getting suspended for good tackles if the player they tackle gets a concussion.... This has only been happening for an entire year now... some posters are sssssllllooowwww to catch on to stuff aren't they!

Had a good last quarter.
Yes, the pop up sprinkler as one poster called him did okay in a low class game. He will be resigned for 4 years at this rate and Kirby will win the VFL kicking competition next year. It is beyond comprehension why he playing ahead of the kids.

Cons:
- The AFL not having a wind sock at Etihad. It would have helped
- Three votes went to Field umpire Curtis Deboy. Had more touches than Tom Mitchell's ineffective game again us earlier this season
- The game being turned into a non-contact sport. Accidents happen
- Shocking game of football. Our disposal efficiency in the first quarter was just under 30%. Thank god we were not playing a better side...so many times we got caught out in transition but North's poor decision making and disposal save us
- Brad Scott - enough said
- The media saying the Pies are back and playing for Bucks. We have beaten sides that are 9th, 15th and 16th and drawn with the top side (after coughing up a 51 point lead). There has never been any doubt that they have been playing for Bucks. The issue has always been poor defensive structure and game plan. We continue to do what we have done for the past 4 years, beat one or two of the top 4 teams but lose to the teams we should beat or who are below us. C'mon Ed stop the charade and announce the reappointment.

Pros:
Brown: would look good in Magpie colours. Threatened to blow the game apart early in the first quarter but bad kicking resulted in 0.3 and one OOB. I would be tempted to make him a multi-million dollar offer. If he was interested, if only to get extra money from the Roos, it could stuff up their recruiting plans to offer mega deals to Martin and Kelly. They couldn't afford to be paying 3 players over $1 million

Treloar: 34 possessions at 74% with 5 I50's and a great running goal
Adams: 30 possessions, 14 contested, 8 clearances, 9 tackles, 5 I50's (8 clangers)
De Goey: 27 possessions at 82%, 10 marks
Maynard: 27 possessions at 89%
Langdon 29 possessions at 93% and Shaz 27 at 82% across HB
The continuing improvement in Josh Thomas
Great summary, yes those players were good.

It was a good win but still a not quite right performance. We lack chemistry, skill and finishing skills. I think we are badly in need of a dominant forward target to provide our ball movement a focal point.

Mate, have you not noticed that the AFL makes up its rules as it goes along and according to whatever they think is best for the image of the sport at any particular time. Grundy chose a bad time. Ben Brown lying on the turf unconscious is all the procedural evidence they will care about. They won't put technicalities in the way of getting the result they want and they won't want the cries of inconsistency that will come if they don't card Grundy. Hes gone.

Agree. Grundy didn't want to hurt Brown, and Brown was in possession of the pill, but the AFL is going to waffle some fluff about duty of care and rub him out. It boils down to timing and the image of the game. Goneski unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

On a different topic Ziebel is a knob of extraordinary proportions; the flog is strong in that one.

It's tough but you can't slam heads into the ground, looked worse than Dangerfields.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, it is not about intent but effect and technique. You have to know your strength. The brain damage is too risky long term not for the AFL to police.
Yep, something along the lines of I think we've already announced he's out for the year. Pendlebury posted the below last week, so at best he would have been back for the Melbourne match.

I like Maynard where he is. He has 1 or 2 clangers a game. So did Heath Shaw as this stage and he still has one a game. He has has a break out season and will continue to improve. Great competitor.

The plastic bag was spectacular. The way it floated down with such grace and agility it was like watching a graceful dance performed by an expert ballerina.

Was kinda miffed they subbed him off.

Just enjoying watching the young guys progress this season. Moore another 10 marks last night, look forward to him becoming a dominant forward/ruck in 2018. De Goey another impressive game, hopefully next year takes his game to another level to become a Martin type player, midfielder/forward.
Scharenberg is getting better each game he plays. I really hope he isnt a trade option to get Lever to the club, because another preseason under his belt, and he could become a class quarterback across half back.
Phillips continues to impress, he has great endurance and just works hard all game. Love his ability to get the ball and run to position to try and create the play.

Agree with all this, but I would add WHE. Has played every game this year (?), and is easily best 22. Not getting enough love on here.

Agree. Grundy didn't want to hurt Brown, and Brown was in possession of the pill, but the AFL is going to waffle some fluff about duty of care and rub him out. It boils down to timing and the image of the game. Goneski unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.

On a different topic Ziebel is a knob of extraordinary proportions; the flog is strong in that one.
To be honest I'd love Ziebel if he played for us. Put him in some black stripes and I'd love watching him crunch opposition players. He's old Skool but smart about how he goes about it.

The plastic bag was spectacular. The way it floated down with such grace and agility it was like watching a graceful dance performed by an expert ballerina.

The plastic bag was definately the most skillful player out there. Delight to watch.

I think another poster has mentioned this, but I have just finished watching the replay, and the interview with AT at the end is hilarious, mainly because he never shuts up. Ling was interviewing him, and probably thinking 'never again approach Treloar with a microphone after a game'. AT just goes on and on and on, like one of those wind up toys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My partner and I got the giggles in the second quarter and could not stop laughing at the error ridden game. We thought it was one of the most entertaining games of the year and the commentators got it right. We took to guessing who would 'f' it up next. You have to be able to laugh at yourself, and we were woeful, and North were worse (but they had some kids). No it was worth watching for the fun. The win was of no consequence except for those desperate to keep Buckley. When Thomas fluffed his kick we could predict it and we had tears coming down our faces.
It reminded me of Micky McGuane when he had a jab into a nerve and every time he kicked the ball would dribble about 5 feet

GREENE%20Toby.png

Aren't you forgetting someone?
Those eyes. Always looks like he's stoned.

"American Beauty"-style. Had me hypnotized watching it.

It was a good win but still a not quite right performance. We lack chemistry, skill and finishing skills. I think we are badly in need of a dominant forward target to provide our ball movement a focal point.

Reid provided it but didn't finish it off.

He took 7 marks majority inside the forward 50 but finished with only 0.2 scrubbed 1 or 2 and passed off the rest. He wont be that poor again I wouldn't think.

He realistically had enough opportunity to have 6 or so shots on goal.

But I agree we need another option as Im not sure his body can be trusted to play 22 games.

The JT stubbed kick for goal was a great moment

Brought back great memories of Micky McGuane (and Eddie McGuire) - the two Big Macs.

The game itself brought back memories of the St Kilda game at Etihad. It seems Etihad supply us with cakes of soap that look like a football.

The rule introduced for tackling was specifically aimed at a sling tackle was it not?

The Grundy tackle was merely the perfect tackle (which the umpire awarded) of wrapping both arms up taught to you from junior level and it was a simple case of bad luck.

Sometimes shit happens out on a football field and no one is to blame.

This is one of those times.

If Grundy gets suspended then the club better well bloody challenge it!

I haven't had a chance to see the game on TV but I recall a couple of other tackles that were almost identical on the night , but the player's head just avoided severe contact. Blair was one (being tackled) if memory serves correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back