Autopsy Great to get another win! Pies beat North by 54 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Brought back great memories of Micky McGuane (and Eddie McGuire) - the two Big Macs.

The game itself brought back memories of the St Kilda game at Etihad. It seems Etihad supply us with cakes of soap that look like a football.

At least McGuane had the doctors he could blame!!

Thomas was simply undecided to pass or shoot for goal. Lesson learned.....when the ball has already left your hands you should have already decided where youre going to kick the ball.

Iwh
I think another poster has mentioned this, but I have just finished watching the replay, and the interview with AT at the end is hilarious, mainly because he never shuts up. Ling was interviewing him, and probably thinking 'never again approach Treloar with a microphone after a game'. AT just goes on and on and on, like one of those wind up toys.
What did he say VP, I know he was supporting Bucks, would love to find a link to it or if you could tell us what he said. Love Treloar

Reid provided it but didn't finish it off.

He took 7 marks majority inside the forward 50 but finished with only 0.2 scrubbed 1 or 2 and passed off the rest. He wont be that poor again I wouldn't think.

He realistically had enough opportunity to have 6 or so shots on goal.

But I agree we need another option as Im not sure his body can be trusted to play 22 games.

Thought Reid was good. Missed a set shot he shouldnt have missed but his two snaps are not the sorts of kicks you'd expect a tall to nail. He straightens up the forward line.

Hopefully whowever we recruits as a tall kpp has the potential to play at both ends. Short term we probably need a defender more than a forwrad.

Moore is consistently clunking contested marks now. Has made massive progress in the past moth.
And there were so many commentators and media 'experts' telling us Darcy isn't and can't be a key forward early in the year - saying he is a 3rd tall type only.

Anyone watching the last month would tell you that talk was a bit premature. Still needs a bit more support, but he will be top 5 KPF in the league in years to come.

I haven't had a chance to see the game on TV but I recall a couple of other tackles that were almost identical on the night , but the player's head just avoided severe contact. Blair was one (being tackled) if memory serves correct.
You're correct about the Blair tackle in the last quarter. It's a coin-toss whether tackles cause damage or not and Grundy may have called tails and it's come up heads-pun intended.

And there were so many commentators and media 'experts' telling us Darcy isn't and can't be a key forward early in the year - saying he is a 3rd tall type only.

Anyone watching the last month would tell you that talk was a bit premature. Still needs a bit more support, but he will be top 5 KPF in the league in years to come.

Additionally as he improves, he will need to be eventually "retired" from ruck duties.

A win is a win. Ugly or not.

Positives:

In Forsmark in Sweden you can find a deep nuclear waste storage facility. As a result, there is somewhere suitable we can send the tapes of that match where they can do no harm. I leave it to the alien archaeologists who discover them in 100,000 years to decipher what the actual * either side was trying to do out there.

Scharenberg continues to be solid and build. He needs another pre-season but is looking promising.

De Goey continues his consistent upward trend.

Thomas is useful. Who'd a thunk it.

Adams is standing up and leading in the absence of Pendles.

We kicked a score without relying on Fas and Elliott.

Crisp settling into half back pretty well. Yes, his disposal is dodgy but he is keeping on keeping on.

Moore's marking is becoming a weapon.

WHE makes the ball go forward generally to dangerous positions. This is gold.

Our effort and committment

Negatives:

Moore's goalkicking however...its a technical issue. Wouldnt it be good if we had someone at the club tasked with improving technical aspects of kicking for our forwards.

Injuries again.

The fact Grundy will be rubbed out when he shoudnt be to appease the chattering classes. I'm waiting for the final acknowledgement of the fact this competition is all for bogus; an online poll hosted by the AFL site to determine guilt and punishment. With a prize for one randomly selectred subscriber who correctly guessed the public mood. Gil, you arent allowed to enter, its not fair to let someone with the moral constitution of a human windvane make money from predicting public outrage.

Our structure, skill and chemistry. Hospital handballs to players in worse positions, fluffed basic kicks, same old same old.

So overall, 4 points is good, more games for some youngsters is good, but none of the fundamental problems are showing signs of getting better and frankly there wont be any signs this season.

It's laughable how GameDay decides to do a live cross to a reporter at the hospital to comment on Ben Brown. Have they done that any other time this year for any other player of any other club? Yeah nah.

Just watched the Brad Scott press conference....has there ever been a bigger drama queen, other than his brother, coach an AFL club? Give me Buckley any day, other than listening to this clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because hes going to be way too busy being the best forward in the business
Is he? Is Daniher no longer rucking? Is Brown no longer rucking? Are they too busy being the best forwards in the business to spend 5 minutes a quarter in the ruck?

Pay the believers.......

And it'll be rinse/repeat in 2018 with Nathan Buckley again at the helm.

Phillips/Grundy/DeGoey were all quite good. Ben Reid is still totally gone.

Side note, thats the worst performance I've seen a team dish-up in many, many years from North Melbourne.

the only rinse repeat will be the ill informed suggestions on this board , the constant bagging of kids and the sheep style behavior of those willing to swallow the msm opinion pieces desinged to unstable the club.
Me im stoked with the our improvement , i have faith in whats comming up and most of all i see VAST improvement in our game plan and the way we execute it.
Continuity we have not had notice things are better when we get some.
Scott as coach
hahaha

Is he? Is Daniher no longer rucking? Is Brown no longer rucking? Are they too busy being the best forwards in the business to spend 5 minutes a quarter in the ruck?

Youre allowed to disagree. You've been wrong so often already this year that you can add this to the list down the track.

I wouldnt retire him off completely (and im talking 2019 and beyond here, when he has really "made it"). But ideally he'd be the third choice ruckman in the 22 and just chipping in every now and then. Depends on who we replace Reid with.

Youre allowed to disagree. You've been wrong so often already this year that you can add this to the list down the track.

I wouldnt retire him off completely (and im talking 2019 and beyond here, when he has really "made it"). But ideally he'd be the third choice ruckman in the 22 and just chipping in every now and then. Depends on who we replace Reid with.
You have an odd definition of wrong. Stubbornly ignoring things that are mistakes and then claiming you're right anyway doesn't make it so.

Langdon having two good weeks in the seniors doesn't justify him being rushed back early when he was underdone and being carried for a month, for example.

As for Moore, he's literally the perfect forward/ruck. Has the height and athleticism to do both to a high standard. His career should be mirroring Danihers.

the only rinse repeat will be the ill informed suggestions on this board , the constant bagging of kids and the sheep style behavior of those willing to swallow the msm opinion pieces desinged to unstable the club.
Me im stoked with the our improvement , i have faith in whats comming up and most of all i see VAST improvement in our game plan and the way we execute it.
Continuity we have not had notice things are better when we get some.
Scott as coach
hahaha

Have we really improved though? Heading into the bye we had some decent performances after the debacle of losing to Carlton. At 5-7 we were still in the hunt for the top 8. The three loses that followed sank any realistic chance of making the finals. Now that the pressure is off we are once again putting together some wins, albeit against low quality sides. This patch of forms seems reflective of earlier patterns, both this year and in past years. How can you be so sure that we have turned the corner when the evidence of the past four seasons sugest otherwise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back