Dumbest Thing Ever Said By a Footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

BillyBrainless

Debutant
Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lindsay Gilbee asking Adam Cooney if other countries celebrate Easter has to be up there but I think the best of all-time has to be one provided by Doug Hawkins.

"Ricky Nixon was the guest speaker at the season-starter 500 Club luncheon and related the yarn about the day he sent the former Bulldog great to an address in Collins Street - 645 to be precise - for an appointment. When Hawkins got there, he rang Nixon and insisted that no such address existed. When Nixon said he knew it did because he was there a day earlier, Hawkins was adamant, explaining the building next to 644 was 646 so there couldn't be a 645. Not only that, added program master of ceremonies Eddie McGuire, his version of the story was that there was a laneway between 644 and 646, so Dougie assumed "someone had knocked off the building".

Can anyone top that?

"I've since watched a couple of Steven Seagal movies and realised that pressure points are no laughing matter." - Chris Judd circa 2009.

Can we include overseas?
David Beckham is no 'rocket surgeon' - "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven"

Just about anything coming from the mouth of Warwick the Wiz Capper tops other players.

BTW, Cloke for many years at Collingwood was a fixture on the FS, purely as a means of padding out his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from James Hird/Jobe Watson/Paul Little's quotes from the past few years...

David King predicting the 2014 grand final

SYDNEY had the luxury of a soft kill last weekend, while Hawthorn chased the road runners until the death. This will be a factor late in the Grand Final.

The Sydney Swans will be this year’s premiers by 35 points.

FAIL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back