What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? (Part 1 - cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The upside is that some former powerhouse clubs have crept up the drought list. If their droughts remain it will get interesting again.

I'm not sure teams that won flags in the 90s and 2000 can really lay claim to premiership 'droughts'.

The way the AFL is going you expect that the remaining droughts will be broken soon enough.

Except Freo. AFL don't care about Freo. LOL.

i feel a bit sorry for Deledio.

Played 240 odd games over 12 seasons with Richmond and was a top 3 players in most of those. Gets fed up with the club constantly choking and stuffing about just outside the finals and the year he moves Richmond win the flag with a soft draw.

Played 240 odd games over 12 seasons with Richmond and was a top 3 players in most of those. Gets fed up with the club constantly choking and stuffing about just outside the finals and the year he moves Richmond win the flag with a soft draw.

The soft draw argument is a cop out, just bitter idiots trying to find a reason why we weren't deserving premiers...

If we had a hard draw and the umpires favoured the Crows giving them 40 more free kicks, you people would still find a reason to say why we shouldn't have won.

If we had only done anything good because of a soft draw, we would have gone out in straight sets.

You look desperately for something, youll see it,

The soft draw argument is a cop out, just bitter idiots trying to find a reason why we weren't deserving premiers...

If we had a hard draw and the umpires favoured the Crows giving them 40 more free kicks, you people would still find a reason to say why we shouldn't have won.

If we had only done anything good because of a soft draw, we would have gone out in straight sets.

You look desperately for something, youll see it,

If not for playing your away final at the G you woulda been out at the Prelim at AO.

At least admit that.

Hahaha thought about this a bit.. Suck s**t to him for leaving. Classic stitch up

If not for playing your away final at the G you woulda been out at the Prelim at AO.

At least admit that.
Woulda/shoulda/coulda...nobody has a crystal ball, the team played by the league rules. Move on and celebrate.

I love that Deledio missed out on a premiership. He could have stayed at Richmond. Continued to be loyal. Instead he taken the $$$ and the perception of success at GWS. He should have continued to be loyal to Richmond. As someone who values loyalty above a $$$ - I revel in the fact Deledio missed out on a flag at Tigerland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least admit that.
The ONLY reason Adelaide and Geelong finished ahead of Richmond in the H&A, was that the single time Richmond played them in the H&A was at their respective home grounds. Richmond proved they had their measure by thrashing them at the MCG later.

If we had a fair draw in the H&A, Richmond would have finished on top.

The ONLY reason Adelaide and Geelong finished ahead of Richmond in the H&A, was that the single time Richmond played them in the H&A was at their respective home grounds. Richmond proved they had their measure by thrashing them at the MCG later.

Lol, sure mate.

The revisionist history of 2017 has begun already. By February RIchmond will be a lock in for the next 4 flags, Dusty Martin will be named GOAT, and Damian Hardwick will be a better coach than Clarko and Sheedy combined.

If we had a fair draw, teams not finishing top wouldn't get a home GF & the huge advantage that brings.

Some of these sooks with such spoilt entitled attitudes of, we want everything with our homeground advantage.
Seriously some of these decent sides that probably around 4th to 6th in league end up making grand finals by getting massive homeground advantages that many clubs in my state do not get.
We are used to it. None of us expected finals to be at our homeground. We got to grand finals on merit by winning finals at the home of footy and we did not bat an eyelid playing clubs like Richmond at MCG as we knew that is where the grand final was anyway. You played twice a season there when Richmond and Melbourne were the tenants and your own homeground of Windy Hill, Princes Park, Victoria Park or whatever you left that distinct homeground advantage for the home and away season. Finals are about playing at grounds to get more of a crowd in, not homeground advantage to help ordinary teams get further than they would of if they did not get such a massive leg up over half the clubs in the league that have no distinct homeground advantage.

It is the distinct homeground advantage that gets some decent but not great teams into the grand final.

Adelaide a few times for sure, West Coast 2 massive homeground advantage finals at home in 2015 to get into grand final.

If only we got such a distinct homeground advantage in years like 1994 with home ground finals at Princes Park we would have been a monty to make granny like teams such as Adelaide do every time they make top 2 when they probably been given a massive leg up enough of 10 games a season with distinct homeground advantage that clubs sharing games at venues like Docklands and MCG may get a few times a season whilst the bulk of games that listed as home they play other teams that play there too.
But we did not in 1994. We played s**t in two finals at MCG v Melbourne and Waverely v Geelong.
We did not sook and cry as if finals should be at our homeground because we know finals are not meant to give homeground advantage. The only reason any team gets a homestate final now is due to if two clubs are from different states for early finals it makes sense to give fans from one of the sets of team the first go at seeing their team more easily. But that is all. No team actually was ever meant to earn or be entitled to a homeground advantage in a final. Finals have to be somewhere and sometimes one of the teams will have an advantage because the venue can hold more fans than smaller venues. But the crap about thinking any team earns homeground advantage is such a sooky wank.

"Oh, we want not only our early finals at home, we want every bloody thing at home as we are too scared away from the comforts of home"
Boo, bloody ho....
Bloody soft.

You had the softest draw. You played like 3 out of 4 of the bottom sides twice.

You played all 3 finals at the MCG. * off.

I love that Deledio missed out on a premiership. He could have stayed at Richmond. Continued to be loyal. Instead he taken the $$$ and the perception of success at GWS. He should have continued to be loyal to Richmond. As someone who values loyalty above a $$$ - I revel in the fact Deledio missed out on a flag at Tigerland.
He took a pay cut to chase success.. He didn't chase $$$.

I revel in the fact that Zaine Cordy is a premiership CHF while Nick Riewoldt is not.

You had the softest draw. You played like 3 out of 4 of the bottom sides twice.

You played all 3 finals at the MCG. **** off.
Adelaide played 2 finals at the Adelaide Oval and the Grand Final at the MCG.

Play all four of your finals away from your home ground and win the flag, get on our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back