List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their second rounder could be has high as 20 next year.

10 and 16 for Gibbs/20
I guess we don't rate the players in the draft this year.

Gibbs is more likely to win us the flag next year than picking up two draftees now.

On paper not a great trade. But given we now have 3 picks i n the top 20 next year (assuming Carlton are bottom two) plus Gibbs, and are in a so called Premiership window, the outcome is not that bad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
As much as not rating this years crop of draftees I think its c combination of the following
- out last 2 years of drafting we still have highly rated players yet to play (Gallucci, Doedee, Poholke). Another crop of top draftees means we are likely to have highly rated players not getting games increasing their chances of going home. By pushing our next crop to next year we balance out this introduction of players into the team.
- next years draft has high and high-mid end SA talent. By having more picks next year we can try manoeuvre our way up to 1 of the top prospects or grab 2-3 of the next tier SA products.

Thank you for your quality contribution. Your grandmother would be so proud.

Anyway, I'll be off your team board now. Good luck with Bryce. He really is a beauty of a player.
She's dead idiot

You can’t on one hand start chest beating about how we got 2 first rounders for a 21 year old Jake Lever (which includes a first from this year’s “rubbish” draft) only to then turn around and say we robbed Carlton by giving them two firsts in this years draft.

Moving the goalposts to suit the argument.

Since we’ve apparently robbed Carlton, did Melbourne rob us by managing to offload their dud pick 10 in such a woeful draft?

So most likely it looks something like this;

ADE
OUT: Pick 10 (2017), Pick 16 (2017), Pick 30-35 (2018)
IN: Gibbs, Pick 20-25 (2018), Pick 36-40 (2018)

The 4th round picks mean nothing.

So effectively, ONE first round pick, ONE down grade of 4-9 picks (but in a stronger draft so effectively equal i.e. pick 16 2017 = pick 20-25 2018) and one down grade of 1- 5 picks (again stronger draft so actually an upgrade i.e. Pick 36-40 2018 > Pick 30-35 2017).

On the overall basis we are in fact giving up one first round pick. The rest of the deal balances out nicely.

Actually a pretty good deal.

Sounds good when you put it like that...

If Gibbs was 24/26 NOT 29(next year).
If we kept the 2018 2nd round Pick, then I think it works for a contracted 29 year old.

*sigh* we clearly panicked IMO Just hope he has a Great season next year!

This deal is virtually #10 on its own

IF

And it’s an IF

We can get 12 for Cameron, that means we have more or less traded Cameron straight up for Gibbs

Let that sink in

Cameron & change for Gibbs

Unless I’m missing something I’d call that A+ for Reid
Sanders being positive.... This feels so unnatural

The deal really isn't that bad. Also next years Super draft were going to have 2x First, 1x Second and 2X Third (We are 100% Going to bundle picks to get the guys we want.

I could say the same, at least my narrative has been consistent.
Yep, last year I thought it was. Very different situation after 2017. Have you even bothered to look at the trade as a whole, also taking into account a likely pick 12 for Charlie? It's basically a 2 pick downgrade, a loss of pick 16 this year, and an upgraded 2nd round pick in 2018 (where we already have two first round picks).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t on one hand start chest beating about how we got 2 first rounders for a 21 year old Jake Lever (which includes a first from this year’s “rubbish” draft) only to then turn around and say we robbed Carlton by giving them two firsts in this years draft.

Since we’ve apparently robbed Carlton, did Melbourne rob us by managing to offload their dud pick 10 in such a woeful draft?
2018 picks worth more

Who's saying we robbed carlton?

Cameron ?? You mean the guy who didn't turn up for most of those 24 weeks ?? Gov who didn't play for 10 of those either.

Mate if you don’t realise the value that Cameron has on our team than that’s your problem!
Don’t confuse the situation the Crows will a weaker team next year, most certainly a slower team as well as the unknown mental fragility of expectation.

Feel good about it? Seems like the right move to me with high quality SA talent there.

I like that we are being decisive with a clear plan.

In the past we let stuff happen to us, this looks like a plan being executed

I don’t even if care if it’s a good plan, I’d rather we take charge of our destiny

This is why "two first round picks" is really not informative on it's own. It wasn't the whole story in the Lever trade, and it's not the whole story here either.

You need to look at the minutia of the deal to see what it's worth.

What part of

“If draft quality is to be believed”

Did you find confusing?
So you're saying that hypothetically, if you were wrong in the past about fool's gold , this is a good deal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back