List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how people are already sacking Reid.

He is a front man of the list committee. No deal gets done until the match committee tick it off. There is a lot of analysis and background work done here. Reid, Roo, Pyke, Fagan, Burton and Hamish sit on the committee. Hamish has the input on the depth and the quality of drafts both this year and next year. A lot of projecting going on here.
Isn’t he the one doing the negotiating though?

Where do you guys see Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine and Connor Roze going in the draft next year are we after all 3 or just jack and Izak i want to put this trade into perspective of next year.

We’ve sold the farm for a 29 yo player. Let that sink in. Pick 10 this year could be the new Dangerfield or Martin. As Bicks says 2017 top end of the draft still has very good players. Very short sighted. If we don’t win the flag in 2018/2019 we’ve gone backwards.
We have not sold the farm, just some of the sheep.

After my initial response of feeling reamed I admit i've probably overreacted a bit (can you blame me). Still think it's a hearty slice of overs for him, but the exchange is not as bad as I once thought.

Onwards and upwards though. Looking forward to seeing a Midfield with 2 AA's, Brad Crouch and Gibbs in it. All of a sudden our "weakness" is starting to look pretty ******* tough to scheme up on.

Also I think Dougy might look to slot into the HBF spot bit more too. He certainly seems odd man out in the MID now. Which is weird because last year was arguably his career best (and I include his B&F year in that evaluation)

Smith is guilty of going to water at times too.

Gibbs on his own is worth much more to our side then Cameron and Lever. One is a key piece to a premiership, the other two are role players; doubly so in a weak midfield which is what we have.

Cameron can be effectively replaced by Gallucci. It's a small temporary dowgrade which is fine seeing he's the 6th forward in our line up, a blooding position so to say.

Mate what Smith is twice the player Seedsman is I mean he is rated behind Dmac ffs!
The pressure and harassing that Cameron provides in our F50 is offered by no one in our team, he is by far our best tackler/although Greenwood is close behind! As far as technique and actually stopping the opponent.
We haven’t replaced him and we won’t because there isn’t anyone on our list who can do the job.

Who knows with Gallucci, who knows how much we play him.

Gibbs is a ******* Gun but he is an addition to what we had not a replacement for any of those.

And the biggest mystery is where we are mentally? This could be a 2013 all over cause we are a mentally weak team. And Gibbs won’t improve that.

Where do you guys see Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine and Connor Roze going in the draft next year are we after all 3 or just jack and Izak i want to put this trade into perspective of next year.
Won't get near the first 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so looking at the trade:

Pick 10 for Gibbs
Pick 16 for Carltons 2018 2nd(likely 19-25)
Crows 2018 2nd(30-38) for Carltons 2018 3rd (38-45)
Pick 73 for pick 77 (who cares...)

Probably not as bad as initial thoughts, but also not amazing. The success of this trade also depends on us being successful next year and Carlton remaining cellar dwellers. I gather we're keen on next years draft, because our hand for this years draft is currently useless.
Had to jump to end of this thread a bit so not sure if it was raised but the fact we traded our 2018 3rd to Melb for Left should have meant we couldn't trade our 2018 1st rounder?

Would have been spewin if we traded our 2018 1st (and no way would we have traded Melb's 2018 1st). I think this has been a good outcome.

none of that is confusing, you just seem surprisingly eager to accept the deal.

I found my primary school maths came in handy here

I think the idea that pick 22 in 2018 is going to be worth more than pick 16 in 2017 relies on pretty fuzzy logic to say the least.

What a bizarre thing to say.

There is no debate that there are massive swings in the value of a pick depending on the quality of the draft

The only serious opinion to have on the subject is whether 2018 really is a much better class. An opinion on if one class can be worth a lot more is not serious

The only reason why this looks like a bad trade for Adelaide is because you guys thought you could get him a whole lot cheaper. The reality is losing Gibbs is going to set us back quite a bit and make you guys a force to be reckoned with. Our midfield was lacking depth as it is so it was going to take a substantial deal to get him off us.

You still have a host of good picks heading into the future, unlike Geelong who have destroyed their future with no first round picks for 3 years now.
Get a grip. Losing gibbs will mean you win 6 games instead of 7.

This deal is virtually #10 on its own

IF

And it’s an IF

We can get 12 for Cameron, that means we have more or less traded Cameron straight up for Gibbs

Let that sink in

Cameron & change for Gibbs

Unless I’m missing something I’d call that A+ for Reid

That's my read on the deal and Sanders you get your man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back