List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a few weeks a go that swans and cats were very keen on Murphy but heard just before the pies are very very keen on him.
Great news.

As I have previously posted, our first pick in both 2015 and 2016 were Indigenous kids. I dont think there is any that will be considered to 7 and 8 this year, so who will we get with 34? Will one of Bailey, Garner, Kelly, Ryan, Hayden, Patemore be taken? Richo seems to be keen on these boys.

Last edited:
As I have previously posted, our first pick in both 2015 and 2016 were Indigenous kids. I dont think there is any that will be considered to 7 and 8 this year, so who will we get with 34? Will one of Bailey, Garner, Kelly, Ryan, Patemore be taken? Richo seems to be keen on these boys.

Don't care if they are black, white or Yellow as long as they can play.

As I have previously posted, our first pick in both 2015 and 2016 were Indigenous kids. I dont think there is any that will be considered to 7 and 8 this year, so who will we get with 34? Will one of Bailey, Garner, Kelly, Ryan, Hayden, Patemore be taken? Richo seems to be keen on these boys.
Patmore has great pedigree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care if they are black, white or Yellow as long as they can play.
Let's pass on the last one thanks :huh:

football.gif

Clark plays his best footy on the inside. Brayshaw does both at a very high level. That's why he'd be appealing to us. Brayshaw could slip into our wing hff r1 2018 and perform I'm not sure Clark would be able to at the level (on a wing or hff) long term as I say Clark is a good prospect but as for shorter terms he's not exactly what we need

I have been watching tapes of Brayshaw and don't see much outside in him. All his work is inside nearly. Clark at least kept running and gut running with the play for the one two at times. He's very good off the ground, and can win contested ball but he looks a better player all round to me. We will see in 4 years I guess. I think Brayshaw has some pace that gets some Joe the goose out the back play near goal but don't see much outside in him. He looks like a quicker Dunstan to me. I think O'Brien is the type we want but would be crazy to go early on him. Clark looks closer to me.

+ Tom Doedee

Jarred Oakleigh-Nicholls too. The Tiges only heard how good he was ....didn't even see him live. Pick 8 in a strong 2005 draft, went Cleve Hughes at 24. Too ******* funny he's a drafting expert now old TW.

Fox Footy draft - Cerra and Bonar would be sensational although I wonder if it might be Cerra and Coffield if all three were available.

Anyway Cerra from all accounts is exactly the kind of player we need!!

I really hope it plays out like this - Stephenson at 4, Brayshaw at 5 and Naughton at 6

I have been watching tapes of Brayshaw and don't see much outside in him. All his work is inside nearly. Clark at least kept running and gut running with the play for the one two at times. He's very good off the ground, and can win contested ball but he looks a better player all round to me. We will see in 4 years I guess. I think Brayshaw has some pace that gets some Joe the goose out the back play near goal but don't see much outside in him. He looks like a quicker Dunstan to me. I think O'Brien is the type we want but would be crazy to go early on him. Clark looks closer to me.
In the games I saw of Brayshaw he showed both with real quality, if your not seeing that in the tapes well that's fair but I can assure you from watching this year he's got a good balance of inside and out he's got some toe. My only knock on him is he sometimes handballs first when he could explode more and kick but that can be easily coached. Especially if we want to use him as an outside wing with leg speed and kicking

Jarred Oakleigh-Nicholls too. The Tiges only heard how good he was ....didn't even see him live. Pick 8 in a strong 2005 draft, went Cleve Hughes at 24. Too ******* funny he's a drafting expert now old TW.

Are you actually saying Terry Wallace drafted those players. I'm going no way especially how he talks about the roles of certain people within clubs. I actually rate Wallace opinion on players. Its basically his job now so I reckon he would know what he is talking about.

Francis Jackson. He was Richmond’s John Peake.

Plough may have had some input (just as Ross did) but it was Jackson & Peake that did the background work & made the selections.

Funny how Clarkson is never pumped up for choosing Buddy nor bagged for taking Mitch Thorpe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Jackson. He was Richmond’s John Peake.

Plough may have had some input (just as Ross did) but it was Jackson & Peake that did the background work & made the selections.

Funny how Clarkson is never pumped up for choosing Buddy nor bagged for taking Mitch Thorpe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawthorn made some shocking calls, but as you say, people dont remember them because the overall output was there

In the games I saw of Brayshaw he showed both with real quality, if your not seeing that in the tapes well that's fair but I can assure you from watching this year he's got a good balance of inside and out he's got some toe. My only knock on him is he sometimes handballs first when he could explode more and kick but that can be easily coached. Especially if we want to use him as an outside wing with leg speed and kicking

He's definitely hand ball happy but not even particularly clean with it sometimes. I just don't see anything special in him, he's very one dimensional. He'll be an okay player but he looks like good bloke the club wants because he ticks boxes outside footy. Hunter Clark has a few more tricks in his bag to me, he might be a bit higher risk because he's apparently a little bit of FIGJAM type but he has something about him that says he'll be a special player rather than bland.

Watch the condensed highlights by Giantroo which have at the good and bad, all it does for me is make me want Stephenson more, he's in so many passages of good play for VM.

Compare them to Stephenson who is just an electric player who makes good stuff happen around him.

Are you actually saying Terry Wallace drafted those players. I'm going no way especially how he talks about the roles of certain people within clubs. I actually rate Wallace opinion on players. Its basically his job now so I reckon he would know what he is talking about.

He said on SEN he had input but not final say. He does watch every under age match these days so probably much better now but you can't help laughing at the irony of a guy who oversaw the kind of drafting that holds clubs back for years and he turns himself into an expert i the area.

Some people obviously love the Wallet. I'll try to only say nice things about Leather-face from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back