EPL Matchday 22

Are refs too lenient on players allegedly targeting top players?

• Yes. Players could get hurt, harsher penalties should apply.

• No. Everyone gets injuries, stop whining!

• Ask a top player like Jack Watts what his opinion is on this.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

but you sold him to a team from the same league and hardly spend big.
You said we keep selling our best players on Poch which is complete bs

The hardly spending big part however is true. But he's also addressed that saying that we aren't in that phase yet so can't see him getting annoyed about it since he knew that was the case

2/10 troll effort faith lift your game this year you've got a lot of potential. You're like an Andros Townsend shoot on sight type. With the right guidance you could be useful right now just a headless chook

And how exactly did Arsenal know about the clause without permission to speak to the player? In any case Suarez himself decided that Arsenal wasn't a step up rendering the buyout clause useless. The club was absolutely justified in its actions.

Derp?

You know all transfers happen based on intermediaries right?

Suarez Agent wants to shop his client around for a better deal.....he knows he can't speak directly with other clubs... so he tells his hairdresser that there's a release clause in the contract and Suarez would consider moving to another premier league club if the offer was right....the hairdresser just happens to also be Arsene Wenger's hairdresser and casually mentions this...

Arsenal then make a bid based on the information they have.......Have they done anything wrong? Have they approached the player? the player's management? No.

Doesn't matter if Suarez was interested in moving to Arsenal or not.....the issue is he wasn't given the right to consider it as per his contractual rights. I love how you completely dismiss this. Remember it for when Coutinho goes hard to get to Barcelona.

Why can't you admit acting like dogs in the whole affair?

Allow me to kick it off then.

Alexandre Lacazette. 0:08 mark of this video.

Disgraceful act going down like that. Was clearly looking for any form of contact in attempting to dupe the ref into awarding a free kick to Arsenal.

Kante literally barely grazes his knee.

If my memory serves me correctly he also faked a hobble afterwards as if there actually was serious contact and he was actually hurt.

Wenger should drop him for the rest of the season to make a real statement about it. Blight on the game.

You're not going to get an argument out of me. It is disgraceful.

I absolutely loath the conduct of all professional footballers when it comes to looking for, over acting, rolling around, initiating contact whatever you want to call it when there is physical contact.

But this has been allowed to fester for decades by the FA and the players. Listen to ex-players in the media "Winning a foul", "he should have gone down there", "he didn't appeal enough" etc etc it's complete s**t. Players do it because there are literally no repercussions for going down under the slightest pressure and then acting like a complete bitch if they don't get a foul.

And i'll call it out - Sanchez is one of the worst players for it. He sooks like there's no tomorrow if he doesn't get a foul every time he's touched.

The FA could issue a directive to the Refs, Players, Managers - We are now going to actually be enforcing the rules on simulation and faking injuries.

Every decision will be looked at retrospectively by a panel and players found to have dived - first offense 3 match ban, second offense 5 matches etc

Follow the path of the NBA's "anti flopping" rules - review every challenge....if a player goes down like they are shot, rolling around like their legs have been blown off then are instantly cured - fine them 50% of their weekly salary each time. You'll soon stop it.

If this were actually true. Why wasnt any legal action taken?

I mean if it was a legal binding document that their was a buyout clause and if you exceed it you MUST allow the buying club to speak to the player. Then why didnt it happen?

As others have mentioned, it's a contract between Suarez and Liverpool.

Suarez would have had to have done something about it, who knows what his legal advice was at the time. He might have used it as a bargaining chip for more money or to leave next season or whatever.

I don't know why Liverpool fans are defending this so hard?

Your club acted like massive campaigners and it could have gotten messy but luckily it didn't. Why is it so hard to admit?

You said we keep selling our best players on Poch which is complete bs

The hardly spending big part however is true. But he's also addressed that saying that we aren't in that phase yet so can't see him getting annoyed about it since he knew that was the case

2/10 troll effort faith lift your game this year you've got a lot of potential. You're like an Andros Townsend shoot on sight type. With the right guidance you could be useful right now just a headless chook
geez youre sensitive

Every decision will be looked at retrospectively by a panel and players found to have dived - first offense 3 match ban, second offense 5 matches etc

Follow the path of the NBA's "anti flopping" rules - review every challenge....if a player goes down like they are shot, rolling around like their legs have been blown off then are instantly cured - fine them 50% of their weekly salary each time. You'll soon stop it.
I would love this system to be brought in. A ban feels like too great a punishment for exaggerating contact to win a foul (it's fine for a complete dive where no contact is made), but a substantial retrospective fine would be a good deterrent.

You had three shots the whole match and 29% of the ball. Come on, you were total gash. But I guess so were we for not winning.
didnt you used to lecture others about not giving the opposition enough credit for grabbing a point?

poch and conte and clearly the best managers in the league but their owners aren't matching their ambitions.
got a feeling conte will be at psg next season with poch being wooed by Real and manu.

for spurs to take the next level they have to spend big and not sell their stars (don't think they will improve with another manager) but doubt levy will do this

poch and conte and clearly the best managers in the league but their owners aren't matching their ambitions.
got a feeling conte will be at psg next season with poch being wooed by Real and manu.

for spurs to take the next level they have to spend big and not sell their stars (don't think they will improve with another manager) but doubt levy will do this
Conte just got Morata though, he joined them over United. Not easy to improve a team that has Morata.

Not sure about Sperz, I can see trying but if Erikssen is off they're toast. Lucky he is really good and makes them look much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats that got to do with poch? he can go to united and real where he doesn't have to deal with that
Have you ever had a mortgage and spent a s**t load at the same time or is Mr Faith rolling in the dough like city's owners you never had to worry about being financially logical?

Happy with a point. Would’ve been great if they could have held on another 10 minutes but they really didn’t deserve to win. Just lucky Tottenham weren’t clicking today.

Obiang had a really good second half. His strike was outstanding and that cross was spot on for Kouyate who fluffed it. Really impressed with Rice as well, he looks like he’s made of the right stuff. Very composed today.

Bakayoko complete gash. Hope Conte sticks with him! Moses was poor today as was Morata obviously. Think Chelsea will be in for another striker in the next window

Absolutely
Don't like the Andy Carroll links we should be looking at someone like Mandzukic, Bakambu, Benteke at the very least.

It's because he's gash, even Dawn to Dark who was so keen to jump to his defence earlier in the season has turned on him. He's had ample time to adjust to the premier league and he offers nothing.

I understand that Baka didn't have a pre season and is battling a chronic knee issue ATM. But he just looks lost out there, like bambi on ice. He doesn't understand when to press, make a run into the box and his passing has been woeful. The only option now if he plays is for him to screen the back 3 and to have Kante further forward.

At least he's creating chances. I'm confident he'll improve his composure soon.
This I don't understand. Drinkwater's been good when given the chance and deserves to start ahead. I really hope Bakayoko is carrying a minor injury because I can't see him lasting long if he isn't.

Baka does have an injury yes. Drinky has been solid so far and looks to have some end product with his passing.

Our squad has a lot of rubbish when you think about it. Conte has done very well since he has been here. Moses, Willian, Cahill, Bakayoko, Pedro, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Alonso, Luiz, Kennedy, Batshuayi and Zappacosta are all average players that wouldn’t look out of place at mid or lower table clubs. Morata is still unknown at this stage. Fabregas has his limitations but is a good option to have. Hazard, Courtois, Azpillicueta, Kante and Christensen are all very good.Out of the top six, you could argue our squad is the worst. City’s is miles ahead then probably Tottenham’s followed by United’s. Liverpool’s is probably next with the addition of VVD and then I’d say ours and Arsenal’s are quite even, but if I had to choose one, I would pick Arsenal’s due to how thin ours is.

Arsenal, City and United have much better depth than us. Will agree with the average players thing, Conte has not been backed in the market at all. Spurs and Liverpool have worse depth than us.

Wouldn't agree with you on Alonso, Willian, Luiz or Rudiger.
Rudiger has done immensely well given the opportunity bar the Roma game. He may be prone to the occasional brain fart but his passing is very underrated. We seem to score lots of goals when he plays too which I've noticed. As for Morata at least he's getting into those positions in the first place. He can do everything except finish 1v1 which I'm sure they will work on with him. Willian is still a very solid player to have coming off the bench and Alonso is the best left sided full back/Wing Back in the league. Considering he doesn't have any competition for his spot, Alonso have done a fantastic job and if we sign Sandro, we need to find a way to fit both him and MA into the same starting 11.

Dunno I still think Chelsea has a better squad than us. We have a lot of average players too.

I’d put DDG, Pogba, Lukaku, Valencia, Matic and Lingard as our good to very good players.

Come on now, you're depth is ridiculous. We may have some better players but when you have Ibra, Martial, Herrera, Darmiam, etc on the bench then you must have a very deep squad.

got a feeling conte will be at psg next season with poch being wooed by Real and manu. for spurs to take the next level they have to spend big and not sell their stars (don't think they will improve with another manager) but doubt levy will do this

Will cop a lot of s**t but I think poch is overrated. Hasn't won anything and his team may be a top six side and play good football but it means * all. They don't have the mentality to win the league with the current squad. Conte took an average team, and I say that because Conte wasn't meant to win the league in his first year. He even made a s**t Italy side look good and matched spain and the world champs Germany.

You still have blatant floppers like Chris Paul, James Harden and even Lebron who do it every game, moreso than in the EPL even. It would also be hard be fine people since there is no salary cap and hence no regulation over collective bargaining since every club operates on massively different payscales.

Derp?

You know all transfers happen based on intermediaries right?

Suarez Agent wants to shop his client around for a better deal.....he knows he can't speak directly with other clubs... so he tells his hairdresser that there's a release clause in the contract and Suarez would consider moving to another premier league club if the offer was right....the hairdresser just happens to also be Arsene Wenger's hairdresser and casually mentions this...

Arsenal then make a bid based on the information they have.......Have they done anything wrong? Have they approached the player? the player's management? No.

Doesn't matter if Suarez was interested in moving to Arsenal or not.....the issue is he wasn't given the right to consider it as per his contractual rights. I love how you completely dismiss this. Remember it for when Coutinho goes hard to get to Barcelona.

Why can't you admit acting like dogs in the whole affair?

You're not going to get an argument out of me. It is disgraceful.

I absolutely loath the conduct of all professional footballers when it comes to looking for, over acting, rolling around, initiating contact whatever you want to call it when there is physical contact.

But this has been allowed to fester for decades by the FA and the players. Listen to ex-players in the media "Winning a foul", "he should have gone down there", "he didn't appeal enough" etc etc it's complete s**t. Players do it because there are literally no repercussions for going down under the slightest pressure and then acting like a complete bitch if they don't get a foul.

And i'll call it out - Sanchez is one of the worst players for it. He sooks like there's no tomorrow if he doesn't get a foul every time he's touched.

The FA could issue a directive to the Refs, Players, Managers - We are now going to actually be enforcing the rules on simulation and faking injuries.

Suarez would have had to have done something about it, who knows what his legal advice was at the time. He might have used it as a bargaining chip for more money or to leave next season or whatever.

Your club acted like massive campaigners and it could have gotten messy but luckily it didn't. Why is it so hard to admit?

The clause in Suarez’s contract was that any bids over £40mil would need to be considered and Liverpool would need to act in good faith. That is it wasn’t a buyout clause in the true sense of a buyout clause. Liverpool told arsenal to GAGF and rightly so. Do you honestly believe that if Suarez’s contract had an iron clad buyout clause Suárez wouldn’t have taken Liverpool to court like he took his first club in Holland to court when Ajax tried to buy him. Legally there was nothing in suarez’s contract to force a move. Suarez spat the dummy, was told to train alone. Both parties then came together, Suarez then signed an improved contract with a proper buyout clause, had his best season as a professional, Liverpool qualified for CL and just missed out on the EPL title. Barca came in and triggered his buyout clause, Suarez got his move, Liverpool got a shitload of money and everyone’s happy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy with a point. Would’ve been great if they could have held on another 10 minutes but they really didn’t deserve to win. Just lucky Tottenham weren’t clicking today.

Obiang had a really good second half. His strike was outstanding and that cross was spot on for Kouyate who fluffed it. Really impressed with Rice as well, he looks like he’s made of the right stuff. Very composed today.
Rice is argubly in our best 11 already.

I hope we tie him down to a long term contract, because I could see a top 6 team making a move for him at some point in the next 18 months if he continues his current development.

Rice is argubly in our best 11 already.

I hope we tie him down to a long term contract, because I could see a top 6 team making a move for him at some point in the next 18 months if he continues his current development.
How's Oxford going?

Have you ever had a mortgage and spent a s**t load at the same time or is Mr Faith rolling in the dough like city's owners you never had to worry about being financially logical?

what does levy and a new stadium have to do with poch? you aint making sense. its like you think poch is married to levy and spurs.

poch is a career coach and he'll go wherever he has the best resources to win.

How did we act like massive campaigners?

We wanted to do everything possible to hold onto our best player?!?! Any other club would do the same.

Back