Dalrymple leaves the Kennel

Remove this Banner Ad

Still am struggling to come to terms with losing the most talented player on our list, our list manager and our only real competitive in the unquestioned best recruiter in the AFL in Dalrymple...

McCartney no big loss.

Dalrymple big loss. But won't hurt us for a few years and even then only if his replacement's a dud.

Stringer well yeah he could play, but he'd done nothing for 1.5 seasons when we traded him, and apparently he was a major vibe killer. Vibe is so important, it can't be underestimated. Vibe is way more important than a burst of pace and a good snap at goals. Look at the NBA. The Cavs are struggling mid-season and apparently not a happy camp, so they trade in some guys who are OK players but will 'be great for locker room chemistry'. King James knows how crucial vibe is if he's gonna win more rings.

So, console yourself that of the three things you mentioned above the only impact on this coming season is a positive one.

IT IS ALL GOING TO BE OK.

Still am struggling to come to terms with losing the most talented player on our list, our list manager and our only real competitive in the unquestioned best recruiter in the AFL in Dalrymple...
But Bontempelli is still on our list?

Looks like draft time is set to get 'exciting' again.

I preferred it when it was boring - we had no real clue about who we would get, but felt fairy sure they would be decent.

Place is a rabble.
Very disappointed.
Can say the club is not one individual but they seem to be adding up.

Honestly can't stomach people trying to put a positive spin on this.

He's a recruiter, a f****** recruiter. The world is ending, the world is ending. Shut the club down.

Imagine if we lost a coach, captain and CEO in a short space of time? How bad would that be? I mean I would say we would struggle to win a flag again if that happened. :rolleyes:

He's a recruiter, a f****** recruiter. The world is ending, the world is ending. Shut the club down.

Imagine if we lost a coach, captain and CEO in a short space of time? How bad would that be? I mean I would say we would struggle to win a flag again if that happened. :rolleyes:

That sort of thing could only happen in the movies, DR...

Dalrymple is a huge loss, do we know if he's taking any staff with him?
If not the bulk of the "on the ground" intelligence should still be there and we get a fresh perspective.

TBH I'd almost lean towards promoting our no 2 and getting a few people to replace Dal at the bottom of the tree. More eyes on the ground.

I see it as a big loss. I have never understood the AFL phrase "one soldier out, another soldier in" implying that anyone can replace anyone with no net loss. There is a reason why Steve Smith, The Bont, Renaldo, Le Bron and Stephen Bradbury (ok I went one too far) are paid the big bucks and others are not. It is because they perform consistently at a higher level than the next available guy. With the competition so even that ability to get one less pick wrong translates into team success. We may get lucky with his replacement but I prefer that other AFLW phrase "A bird in the hand ...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now there's an idea ! One thing about MD ,there are no grey area's.
Might be just the sort of bloke they need right now .
In MD :devil:-- out Tillerson. :rolleyes:

Nah send some of the absolute fairies in here over, like G...o and G..p

They wouldn’t last two minutes before they starting crying and accused everyone of being mean. Hope they have a nice safe place in a corner over there so they can sit with their blankies and wait for mommy to come get them. :)

Hopefully only the SA spotters
God I hope we moved on anyone involved in the 2009 fiasco - in fairness, it was Dalrymple's only draft as a part-time employee.
Nailing the 2010 rookie draft made up for it.

Dalrymple is a huge loss, do we know if he's taking any staff with him?
If not the bulk of the "on the ground" intelligence should still be there and we get a fresh perspective.

TBH I'd almost lean towards promoting our no 2 and getting a few people to replace Dal at the bottom of the tree. More eyes on the ground.

Number 2 - I like the sound of that! :thumbsu:

McCartney no big loss.

Dalrymple big loss. But won't hurt us for a few years and even then only if his replacement's a dud.

Stringer well yeah he could play, but he'd done nothing for 1.5 seasons when we traded him, and apparently he was a major vibe killer. Vibe is so important, it can't be underestimated. Vibe is way more important than a burst of pace and a good snap at goals. Look at the NBA. The Cavs are struggling mid-season and apparently not a happy camp, so they trade in some guys who are OK players but will 'be great for locker room chemistry'. King James knows how crucial vibe is if he's gonna win more rings.

So, console yourself that of the three things you mentioned above the only impact on this coming season is a positive one.

IT IS ALL GOING TO BE OK.
I'm not sure how taking out the only legitimate goal kicking threat out of an attack that struggles to kick goals is positive.
Also the vibe seemed fine when we won a flag with him in the side.

McCartney wasn't great but I'd prefer stability than all the chopping and changes since our flag.

The facts are that since we won a historic ground breaking flag we have only lost key personnel and have gained three fifths of * all. This seems insane to me. Every other club would have people banging down the door to be part of that sort of culture. Yet we keep losing people. And have replaced them with inexperience or meh replacements with Bains being the exception.

Dalrymple was our only legitimate competitive advantage. He was hands down the best in his field. We have nobody else like that and worse we either can't afford to pay for someone like that, can't attract them or both. We aren't a club that can afford to lose these things.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how taking out the only legitimate goal kicking threat out of an attack that struggles to kick goals is positive.
Also the vibe seemed fine when we won a flag with him in the side.

McCartney wasn't great but I'd prefer stability than all the chopping and changes since our flag.

The facts are that since we won a historic ground breaking flag we have only lost key personnel and have gained three fifths of **** all. This seems insane to me. Every other club would have people banging down the door to be part of that sort of culture. Yet we keep losing people. And have replaced them with inexperience or meh replacements with Bains being the exception.

Dalrymple was our only legitimate competitive advantage. He was hands down the best in his field. We have nobody else like that and worse we either can't afford to pay for someone like that, can't attract them or both. We aren't a club that can afford to lose these things.
maybe Bains is the reason Dalrymple left.

Yes a recruiter who recruited the list that won the flag. A flag won against all odds, against several teams that spend infinitely more money on coaching, recruiting and development than us, against clubs that have had far better draft picks than us. The chief architect of this is gone. If you don't think this is at the very least significantly negative, I don't know what to tell you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back