Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to put yourself through the whole ordeal re to appreciate how lucky we are.

Man, I’m lucky, I’ve got a great wife. That’s why I hate the fact that people get off on the misery of others. Other than in sport, enjoying the misery of others is wrong.

Says the poster that pompously asked if I was commenting on how people should parent...

FWIW I realised that it was the wrong way to present my post and edited it accordingly almost 15 minutes before yours, but don’t let my annoyance at myself over that get in the way of your vent.

At least you have the conviction to call it as you see it as opposed to those that merely “liked” it.
You have at least attended to what i was peed off by so happy to re engage.

Not sure where pompous comes from or how it could possibly be viewed that way. My example of parenting to discuss your point may or may not be relevant / appropriate but it was just a statement to engage conversation on the merits of players who have 'sinned' themselves making decisions about players.
There was nothing pompous about it and had nothing to do with my, yours, or anyone elses views or philosophy on actual parenting.
The rest of your initial post i have now read and whether i agree with it or not at least it addresses whether my parenting example was relevant in challenging your view of the leadership groups role in the sanctions- in your opinion.

I reckon eddies needs to get some investigators to follow these journalists. Then he needs to leak stories to the social media pages to destroy the little credibility they have. Absolute muck raking.
They protect their own.

You know a journalist by the smell, just like a sewer.

Man, I’m lucky, I’ve got a great wife. That’s why I hate the fact that people get off on the misery of others. Other than in sport, enjoying the misery of others is wrong.
Show her this post you just did.

She’ll love you some more - good work spartan.

:)

I reckon eddies needs to get some investigators to follow these journalists. Then he needs to leak stories to the social media pages to destroy the little credibility they have. Absolute muck raking.

To be fair, Slobbo has done the best he could to destroy his career with the ASADA sage and then his slurs on Fasolo,

And lets not forget Jon Anderson who in on the Herald Sun payroll who drove a car at 1.38 BA reading into a shop potentially causing a catastrophic incident involving multiple deaths.

They have tried their best to ruin their own careers but alas they keep on stirring.

Last edited:

Well I do enjoy when people trip over or walk into a pole.. that's good s**t re

To be fair, Slobbo has done the best he could to destroy his career with the ASADA sage and then his slurs on Fasolo,

And lets not forger Jon Anderson who in on the Herald Sun payroll who drove a car at 1.38 BA reading into a shope potentially causing a catastrophic incident involving multiple deaths.

They have tried their best but alas they keep on stirring.
Anderson and Robbo.

Wow, what a pair of intellectual giants right there.

Combined IQ about 38, depending on the day and time of day.
(Note Robbo boy contributes about 2 to 4 IQ points depending on his inebriation. The grot.)

And lets not forger Jon Anderson who in on the Herald Sun payroll who drove a car at 1.38 BA reading into a shope potentially causing a catastrophic incident involving multiple deaths.

They have tried their best but alas they keep on stirring.

Maybe you’re the man eddie needs to employ. Never knew that about JA.

I know the club have probably told JDG not to speak to the media, but I reckon if he had've stopped on his way to his car today and said how much he regrets his actions, and how he's looking forward to making amends. Probably would've went a long way.

I was thinking along a similar line while watching the video on the photoshoot. Originally it was “how good would it have been to see some of the players getting around him?”, but unfortunately the more I thought on it the more I realised it was too soon. Let the dust settle on it a bit first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the club have probably told JDG not to speak to the media, but I reckon if he had've stopped on his way to his car today and said how much he regrets his actions, and how he's looking forward to making amends. Probably would've went a long way.

How much blood can you take from a stone?

I haven't read the whole thread so this may be redundant - but I don't care about a player's personal failings or issues. The law will deal with them if there are legal transgressions.

So why should there be double jeopardy for footy jocks? De G's paid the penalty under law.

Is Collingwood/the AFL some kind of quasi-extra-judicial Star Chamber?

It's not like he is guilty of a crime of probity, such as theft/fraud etc.

Darren Millane wasn't some panty-waisted PC role model either , but he busted his chops for the 'Pies. Did he get fined by Collingwood? No.

The precious posturing of the glass-jawed wowsers gets tedious. It's football - not choir practice.

Why don't we just fine the bloke, ask him to make a public apology and absolutely flog him on the training track instead of taking him off it?

Punishments like this only hurt the club and the team. They are also bad PR (despite being designed for the opposite) because they draw out the focus.

Ultimately, he will come back into the team in worse condition than he is now and a (for example) four week ban turns into four more weeks of underperformance and increased injury risk.

Why don't we just fine the bloke, ask him to make a public apology and absolutely flog him on the training track instead of taking him off it?

Punishments like this only hurt the club and the team. They are also bad PR (despite being designed for the opposite) because they draw out the focus.

Ultimately, he will come back into the team in worse condition than he is now and a (for example) four week ban turns into four more weeks of underperformance and increased injury risk.

I told you to say that re.. that there is perfection

Just milking it now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back