AFL 2018 - R2 - North Melbourne v St KIlda, Fri, Mar 30, 4.20pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints haven’t been great and the game hasn’t been unreal but I feel like it’s gotten better as it’s gone on.
Whilst the disrespect for north doesn’t bother me - if you’re beating teams by 50 odd in round two when you’ve been potted to be in the cellar by some for 10 year in off season articles I think people need to reassess.
I’ve got us winning 5-7 this year.
Folks who say we have the worst list in the history of footy make me laugh too - I’d argue people are just more ignorant of our list than most others.
Saints have recruited well last 2 years and have had a dirty day today. People writing them off in round 2 are setting themselves up to look like fools also

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

11 goals to 3 after half time
73 to 21.
Never would have expected North to run away with the game in the second half after last weekend's conditions.

St Kilda have far, far to many players who butcher the ball.
Our kicking is simply a symptom rather than a reflection of the talent.

Players are reaching for the ball rather than running through the ball. That's lacking confidence. We look like we've been doing circle work all preseason. The moment any pressure is applied we panic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't expecting this at all. Had the Saints vs Hawthorn game in round 6 as a 50/50 and our North game in round 5 as a very likely win. Depending on how much we get smashed by Geelong on Monday, might have to swap those assessments.

Disgusting game, football is poorer for that. Can't remember seeing a worse 4 quarters from any team, ever than what St Kilda put up.

I would have preferred the Dogs again this year, but their limited off-field efforts in supporting the game last year meant the AFL took the game off them.

Saints should win, but underestimating North is the last thing anyone should do.

10,000 more attended the game last year, why is that?

Can you afford it financially?
I don't know the terms of the contract so I couldn't answer that.

We certainly can't afford to be playing like today for another 2-3 seasons & frankly I can't see where the improvement is going to come from. Better to take the loss now and at least have a chance at improving.

North can really grind down mentally weak teams with their inside mids.
Which is why I’m surprised so many write North off, even against sides like Melbourne and Adelaide last year.

We still have a lot of experienced heads on our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back