Autopsy NMFC vs STK: Flogging

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked right now.

Dominated all day, unfortunate that we couldn't capitalize on said domination in the first half, and lucky that the saints were just as putrid in front of goal.

Ldu showed why he's going to be the equivalent to Chris Judd.

Anderson I couldn't be happier about. Had a few s**t moments but was so desperate to win the footy. So good to see, acts like that lift the players around you.

Macmillan proved a lot of us wrong, can play. Just please don't take kick outs ffs.

Our attack was ******* excellent.

Go north.
Good assessment

Geez I liked watching Anderson play today. He was absolutely manic in the contest. Coach would have loved him today.

If we could have kicked well in the first quarter we would have beaten them by 15 goals. Aside from the scoreboard we were dominating the first half.

So nice to see a win again. A proper smashing too. Thanks boys

Jz more time fwd +
Bbb +
Jacobs awesome with a bit of icing at the end +
4 quarters of effort. +.
Plenty of green chutes. Ldu and simpkin contiue to show they are not out of place on the big screen.

Scott comprehensively beat Richardson

Great game plan. Clogged corridor, forced them wide to big contests. Took away Steven's run and options and sat on Ross at stoppages. Crucified them at the coalface and ironed them out defensively

Jacobs fantastic. Tarrant fantastic. EVW destroyed Membrey. Mccartin didn't do a thing. Bruce was awful. Their heavy hitters were completely ineffective.

Whole defensive six deserves a large pat on the back. Williams great on Billings. Kept them to 5.13 which is atrocious. Team wide the pressure was as good as I've seen under Scott. Two even three blokes to contests consistently to outnumber Saints players. Picked them off. Made St Kilda look like North Melbourne last year. Anderson at the forefront of this all day, genuinely good game without the stats to go with it

Brown a star. McDonald lifted after half time. Atley is noticeably stronger through the core, doesn't get tackled now. Simpkin down on last week but does little things. Learning process

Turner was ok. Dumont can't feel safe. Macmillan was good but butchered it going forward. Clarke was ok but not influential. Hartung is a good footballer for his role and as long as we don't ask him to do things hes not suited to, hell be good for us

LDU. Smooth mover. Rolls Royce. Going to be unstoppable in 18 months. Waite was gigantic in the second half behind the footy. Goldy really good.

Saints were deplorable. Skill errors and poor decision making but it was forced by our pressure. A real comprehensive effort for the team.

Will be interesting to see how we back it up. Everyone can hold their heads high. Even the coach

Pretty much agree with FGs summary. I really think saints totally underestimated us going into the corridor continuously regardles if it was a good option or not.

Brilliant is all I can say, very proud of them.

We have a genuine gun in Ben Brown, could have an even better year this year.

But just seeing some of the more experienced players like Goldy and Waite stepping up was so pleasing, and not mention the likes of LDU and Hartung, I think it could be a better season than we thought.

Very pleasing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very unexpected result. After a very average first half certainly lifted and done well.

Defence was immense today, Taz was super. Super impressed with EVW, Marley solid as usual.

Browny was off his best in the first half, finished well. How good would the bloke be if we had someone hitting it lace out to him consistently.
Who actually gets it lace out?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Missed the game..checked AFL app and I almost dropped my phone in shock.

What the actual...

I cannot, for the sake of my sanity, figure out this team.

Two conclusions to take from this:

We are much better than we think.

Or... St. Kilda are pretty average.

EVW a big tick. Faultless and killed Membrey.
Backline was superb.... Marley made just one error, Taz supreme. JMAC very good.
LDU has it.
I'm not a Jed fan and his set shot on goal floored me... But his snap was a ripper and he was very manic at the ball. Still not sold tho but a good sign.

They won’t get votes but our backline was superb today. Tarrant, Thompson and EVW weren’t flash but all won their individual battles every single time.

Haven’t seen us so strong defensively.... usually when we lose the ball with horrible skills in midfield, I think we will concede immediately. Today, I never once panicked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back