James Sicily on Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

0 weeks when you knock someone out, 2 weeks when you dont even scratch them.

And you reckon the tribunal are the morons ???

it was a fair bump incidental football collision in a contact sport...boo hoo

sicily deliberately dropped his knees into Selwood's head... dog act

yes the Tribunal are morons for making Douglas miss a game for turning his body side on and hitting another player in the side

take your Hawthorn glasses off for moment

What, he's playing AFLX next season and your desperate club has taken to adding these as well in the Premiership count?

Towelled up by Melbourne and Hawthorn (both not Premiership contenders) and suddenly you're winning a flag? Gee, Pannell and Chamberlain are going to need VERY big seasons for those stars to align.
What planet are you living on? He’s already won 3 premierships - please do try and keep up sweet cheeks.

it was a fair bump incidental football collision in a contact sport...boo hoo

sicily deliberately dropped his knees into Selwood's head... dog act

yes the Tribunal are morons for making Douglas miss a game for turning his body side on and hitting another player in the side

take your Hawthorn glasses off for moment

Put on your 'Our enjoyment is not worth someone getting brain damage' glasses and understand that the AFL have said that any way to avoid a head injury has to be taken by the players. Its been known by everyone for years and years. That anyone is still shocked by players getting punished for choosing to bump and causing injury is really just a display of how they simply dont understand the game.

He deliberately kneed Selwood in the head and you heroes are suggesting he get a week. FFS you cannot knee players in the head intentionally. He gets 2 weeks at an absolute minimum. Probably should be charged with assault as well. I don't think players sign on to play footy to get deliberately kneed in the head.
Bit of a knee jerk reaction there cupcake

Put on your 'Our enjoyment is not worth someone getting brain damage' glasses and understand that the AFL have said that any way to avoid a head injury has to be taken by the players. Its been known by everyone for years and years. That anyone is still shocked by players getting punished for choosing to bump and causing injury is really just a display of how they simply dont understand the game.
And you don't think knees to the head can cause damage? Sicily gets off because Selwood played out the game is like saying an eye gouger should get off because the guy who got gouged played out the game. What about when the next player drops a knee? It was deliberate and dirty and why anyone would want to see that go unpunished is beyond me.

mate icbf getting into a back and fourth

once more

Douglas turned his body side on in an incidental collision and hit another player in the side. Nothing dirty about it. He did what we are all taught to do at a young age and protected himself and the opposition player by turning his body hitting him in the side and keeping elbow tucked in. It's a contact sport.

Sicily deliberately dropped his knees into someones head.... I'm a Hawthorn supporter and I'm saying that dirty s**t can not be tolerated at any level in this game and I think that this is the type of incident the tribunal need to be harsh about, not incidental contact like Douglas's bump..if you think that makes me a moron then yes you're right I'm a moron.

I will not be surprised if Joel is lining up for a posthumous goal from the goal square tonight live on channel 7 news to hand the cats a 5 point victory.

Seems like a win for everyone;
  1. AFL get the result they directed
  2. Razor gets his full bonus
  3. Selwood jumps to equal free kick leader at the end of round 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you don't think knees to the head can cause damage? Sicily gets off because Selwood played out the game is like saying an eye gouger should get off because the guy who got gouged played out the game. What about when the next player drops a knee? It was deliberate and dirty and why anyone would want to see that go unpunished is beyond me.

Lots of things can cause damage. Was damage caused?

Could be as low as Careless, Low Impact, High Contact (deemed Selwood was holding his legs and pulled him down) = Fine
Could be as high as Intentional, Low Impact, High Contact (deemed Selwood was NOT holding him) = 1 week.

As per the footage, it is clearly the first. The ONLY thing that will see him miss is the media beat-up, the colour of the jumpers and the AFL's favourite "Villian/Hero" combination.

I'm expecting a week, but won't be complaining if it that is the outcome, as I feel Sicily did not attempt to avoid the contact. (If only all incidents where held up to the same level of inspection).

I will not be surprised if Joel is lining up for a posthumous goal from the goal square tonight live on channel 7 news to hand the cats a 5 point victory.

Seems like a win for everyone;
  1. AFL get the result they directed
  2. Razor gets his full bonus
  3. Selwood jumps to equal free kick leader at the end of round 2
Haha, that would be good. We should have pinched it.
Oh, and you forgot
4. Sicily gets the week off he earned.

Was good to see Sicily stand up against the niggle from a much more senior player.

Selwood wasn’t happy with being tackled and was stopping Sicily from getting to the next contest. The umpires won’t do anything to stop this niggly crap. They just let it go.

Sicily stood up for himself. Did it the wrong way, I’m not a fan of kneeing and I’m glad no serious (or any) injury was sustained. Selwood didn’t do much of that post tackle scragging from that point on, so there was some team benefit.

Sicily just needs to channel the anger in a way that sits just under the level of scrutiny rather than going way over it. I don’t think the answer is “just ignore it” when a guy is holding you back. And if the umps won’t do anything (even though there are three of them out there) then what are you supposed to do?

Not a great look for either player.

Selwood doing his usual, shameless niggly s**t, trying to draw a free which is all he ever bloody does, unfortunately for him the umpire didn't see it. That said its arguable he was also holding the man preventing him from joining the contest.

Sicily's reaction to his bullshit looked like he went over the top.

Give the man a medal
classic pathetic hawks mentality. when your players gets sniped its world ending. remember the melt down you had over lloyd on sewell. but when you do it you cheer. Not the first time selwood has been on the ground and a hawks player has jumped on his head with a knee. Although selwood wasnt unconscious this time so i suppose you thinks that fair.

Every time we play your club you guys snipe our best players. You went after danger again yesterday too and forced him to spend most of the game out of the middle again. Most pathetic club in the afl.

classic pathetic hawks mentality. when your players gets sniped its world ending. remember the melt down you had over lloyd on sewell. but when you do it you cheer. Not the first time selwood has been on the ground and a hawks player has jumped on his head with a knee. Although selwood wasnt unconscious this time so i suppose you thinks that fair.

Every time we play your club you guys snipe our best players. You went after danger again yesterday too and forced him to spend most of the game out of the middle again. Most pathetic club in the afl.

You post like Selwood plays - pure whining

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back