What did Jack Anthony do in Stawell?

Remove this Banner Ad

Boogers

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He did something 'bad' at a pub I gather he was working at, and has got the chop from the club he was signed to.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/s...s/news-story/d2447c511aca8e353ca0542ad776863e

“We can confirm that an incident did occur over Easter and both the club and player have agreed that parting ways would be the best outcome.

“We wish Jack well as he is moving back to Queensland to be with his partner and family.”

The owner of the Gift Hotel in Stawell, Peta Duns, said Jack Anthony worked for her on a “casual basis” short-term, and there had been an “employer-employee incident”.

Duns said the hotel was a sponsor of the football club.

“The footy club took the appropriate action that they felt necessary,” Duns said.

“There was an employer-employee incident, which will remain private.

“It has been dealt with and we’re moving on.”

a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg

He was a very odd bloke when I met him. Happened to be in the company of other Pies players and they didn't exactly hide how they felt about him. He was one of those blokes you'd hang out with at school that would always make things uncomfortable and would always be involved in some sort of issue with someone else in the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our senior players (can't remember who) was getting married and didn't invite 'Jack', so during the 'i do' part of the ceremony Jack ran up to the couple out of nowhere and shook the players hand.

Absolute knob.
Not quite. Did it at the start of the ceremony and then left before it began.

One of our senior players (can't remember who) was getting married and didn't invite 'Jack', so during the 'i do' part of the ceremony Jack ran up to the couple out of nowhere and shook the players hand.

Absolute knob.

Paul Licuria.

Jack ran down the aisle before the ceremony wearing his Collingwood tracksuit, shook the groom's hand and ran back out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back