Toast The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Been saying all year Milera should be playing HBF. How good did he look tonight, reading the play & taking the game on. Gives us another elite ball user we need with Smith out.

Please just leave him there Don!

If Mackay comes back, he can play as the 3rd wingman as doesn't provide the drive we get from Milera.

How contagious to the rest of the team is that hunger in youth ... They as well as Knight were fearless in their frontal pressure .
We have missed that with Cameron gone but surely tonight has shown the way forward as we have 3 .
Mackay is not first 22 . simple !
I used the term ' the enthusiasm of youth' in the Face Off thread. And thats exactly what we saw

Interesting we began losing the midfield in the 3rd when Douglas was off with the poke in the eye. Whilst they took the momentum our defence hung tough... Then we slingshot a handy lead in the 4th with Dougy back on the ground.

For all those wanting to prematurely retire Douglas, he us still a very valuable player.
Think it was more Sauce having an extended breather...

Not much love for Sauce's game tonight, absolutely schooled Sinclair.

Interesting we began losing the midfield in the 3rd when Douglas was off with the poke in the eye. Whilst they took the momentum our defence hung tough... Then we slingshot a handy lead in the 4th with Dougy back on the ground.

For all those wanting to prematurely retire Douglas, he us still a very valuable player.
Like him in that role as opposed to attacking mid . If a quick midfield is opposed he should be used more forward or sweeping off half back .
Was stellar tonight , one of his best games of the last 5 years .

I think it is safe to assume we have the best list depth in the league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hopefully the coaching staff are now not afraid of using our depth instead of having players who can barely run!

No , he was excellent early and if you watch the game again watch his relentless run and pressure ... he was excellent
He had one disposal in the first quarter. Yet managed to commit three separate and distinct horrendous errors in that single possession.

He came good in the last quarter though thankfully.

He had one disposal in the first quarter. Yet managed to commit three separate and distinct horrendous errors in that single possession.

He came good in the last quarter though thankfully.
Pressure acts , chase and tackle were there the whole game ... it allowed us to set up and play the way we did . He got his reward in the last which you clearly noticed , how typical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit like how we felt last week. It happens to every team, you guys are too good for it to derail your season.

Mate, if 2018 form is anything to go by then Sydney is just about to have its Scott Thompson moment with Josh Kennedy. You know - when your board is split 50/50 on whether or not he should be delisted? Of course you do.

Maybe the vodka will help settle me a bit but tonight is the end of an era for mine.

Been saying all year Milera should be playing HBF. How good did he look tonight, reading the play & taking the game on. Gives us another elite ball user we need with Smith out.

If Mackay comes back, he can play as the 3rd wingman as doesn't provide the drive we get from Milera.
Hopefully now that Gallucci and Knight are back and with Murphy and Betts to get back, Milera is played off HB where h can provide us some much needed run.

The thing is tex will have a down game again sometime this season in a loss and all the media and big footy over react squad will be kicking him again.

I hate the media with such a passion.
It is tough being a captain as a forward. Your performance is so dependent on those up the field.

His bad games are always when our midfield fail, and he cops it, but ultimately he is a product of the team as a whole.

Last edited:
It is tough been a captain as a forward. Your performance is so dependent on those up the field.

He’s bad games are always when our midfield fail and he cops it, but ultimately he is a product of the team as a whole.

He himself admitted post game that his preparation for last week wasn't adequate and he paid the price for it.

Our midfield was putrid last week but so was Tex himself regardless of the delivery he got.

Bad and Ugly McGovins lack of occasion. The Crows are up for a good contest tonight and he is spoiling the party!
Just wait, it gets really ugly until they banish him to the back pocket.

Hopefully now that Gallucci and Knight are back and with Murphy and Betts to get back, Milera is played off HB where h can provide us some much needed run.
Absolutely, because Milera is wasted up forward!

Gets far more of it from a HBF & more damaging as he hits up our leading players with ease.

Best coaching performance by Pyke.
I really like what I'm seeing from Pyke as far as coming up with game plans to beat opposition sides. Have had clear game plans that were adjusted each week depending on who we were playing and where the game was being played. So the analyst work is being done during the week. The one thing that I want to know and I brought it up the last 2 weeks, and it now stands out again after this performance, is what the hell is being done to prepare the players when we are coming up against middle of the road sides. It was evident last year, and has already shown up this year certainly against the Pies, and arguably also against the Saints. We just don't show up ready to play, it's like they expect it to happen, someone else will get the job done, and we are just putrid. The next 2 weeks are a chance to rectify this and put two very solid wins on the board.

His hands off the deck were so, so clean. Provided a lot of drive for us and seemed to work 360 degrees with ball in hand, while Dmac often has tunnel vision.

Only thing that was a bit off was his kicking, but that is a great strength of his and will come good if we give him consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back