THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

No other AFL club in the country has a board member of Holly's demographics. The question needs to be asked if we're benefiting from it.
That doesn't make it wrong, it just makes us first, as we've been in a number of things lately.
And the question needs to be asked of every board member, not just Holly. She has at least been out and about, including up here making presentations and talking up the Club whilst she's at it. This is not how a traditional board member behaves.
There are one or two or more other members of our board I have question marks next to. No names no pack drill.
As to whether we are 'benefitting' from this one or that one, I can't say.
This is David Koch's board and responsibility for it is his. He's the one to whom questions should be directed. Good luck getting an answer.
What I'm happy to admit is my admiration for Kevin Osborn. He's a champ.

Last edited:

Official launch of my new and permanent avatar, awarded to me by Port Adelaide Football Club via devious means.

I naturally interpret this as meaning I have achieved my dotage ambition of being the BigFooty representative on the Club board of directors.

No correspondence will be entered into.

For the record my comments aren't aimed at any particular board member, but are about the club as a whole.

Criticism of the board would be taken seriously if it wasn't just after a horrible and unexpectedly bad on-field performance.

In my mind the board's duties comprise of commercial, strategic and controlling key appointments. I'm not sure you could criticize them for either just yet, although their response in the face of a 3rd poor year will be a litmus test.

No other AFL club in the country has a board member of Holly's demographics. The question needs to be asked if we're benefiting from it.
I'm not a millennial, I am not on social media and I am not impressed by people who make use of buzz word generators so I am not in a position to judge Holly's impact.

Criticism of the board would be taken seriously if it wasn't just after a horrible and unexpectedly bad on-field performance.

In my mind the board's duties comprise of commercial, strategic and controlling key appointments. I'm not sure you could criticize them for either just yet, although their response in the face of a 3rd poor year will be a litmus test.

Agree totally. We're a commercially viable entity and we have sponsors lining up. Remember 6 or 7 years ago when we probably all had genuine fears that we wouldn't exist at all in 2017?

They need to be prepared to make some hard calls in terms of football department positions if something doesn't change, but i'm really happy with the board overall.

...advises her CEO on issues involving fidgetspinners...

Can someone please advise?

19477454_10155024142283882_1719609320779555893_o.png.jpg

Tribey on point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The audio Boss has posted on the radio thread of Conversations with Graham Cornes of Holly Ransom iis definitely a good listen. Yes she is young and ambitious which some might mock but she has totally bought in to PAFC and loves the club. I can see why Kochie brought her in. ( Of course if you want to follow that with something putrid you could listen to his interview with Jane Doyle afterwards)

Yes, interesting interview. She definitely has drive and ambition and self confidence is certainly not an issue.
But i still don't understand what she actually does. A lot of big words used - she seems to be a 'change expert'.

Yes, interesting interview. She definitely has drive and ambition and self confidence is certainly not an issue ... she seems to be a 'change expert'.
Good. Then she’ll change the empty seat at the board table to one containing a backside and brain with hands-on commercial experience in China and the nous to land the Club a full-grown joint major partner or three.

Good. Then she’ll change the empty seat at the board table to one containing a backside and brain with hands-on commercial experience in China and the nous to land the Club a full-grown joint major partner or three.

Lol I love it when the Road turns into a Warpath.

Yes, interesting interview. She definitely has drive and ambition and self confidence is certainly not an issue.
But i still don't understand what she actually does. A lot of big words used - she seems to be a 'change expert'.

Holly has been on the board for long enough now, what benefits has she brought to the PAFC? Are her skills and expertise still relevant for what is needed at board level? This isn't just something to consider for Holly, but for the entire board.

Holly has been on the board for long enough now, what benefits has she brought to the PAFC? Are her skills and expertise still relevant for what is needed at board level? This isn't just something to consider for Holly, but for the entire board.
How would we know what any of them bring. Still I liked the interview.

How it looks > how it is

I don't understand how someone that brings to the table what she claims to, is such an asset to forming partnerships with a very traditional country/culture.

Can somebody educate me?

Sent from mTalk

She understands the young perhaps better than some on here?
She probably has a good understanding of a narrow age band which would probably be true of all the board members. Just because she swallowed a buzz word generator doesn't necessarily make her input more valuable than say Amanda Vanstone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back