Preview Port Adelaide vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Near on impossible to do so, so why even bother? Why approach this from a perspective of stating what everybody knows to be total spin. It makes KT and the Club look weak, and even more so basically suggests supporters really don't know what they are witnessing of late.

Approach it from a position of authority and strength.

"This week we have the Crows and would love to see as many of the faithful as possible come along and support our Club".

"We understand that what we are producing of late is unacceptable and Senior Management and more importantly Ken Hinkley and the playing group now have to go about repairing a little of that trust and belief that has been eroded away over time".

"We are not happy"

"No better place than a Showdown to start that process"

"Hope to see you there"

KT

Show some strength, show ownership of a problem and you'll get more support with that way of thinking rather than trying to spin what really isn't there.
Quality post. Unfortunately everything coming out from club in media is condescending towards its hard supporter base.

This time you can argue that we are the underdog because we've been owned five times straight and we're playing an unidentifiable game style but I still hate the f.... word in the afl version of Port Adelaide. Sure there were some occasions in the sanfl where we were the underdog if you were to lay a bet but there's a difference to how the club understands this tag now and how it understood it then. In the past when given the underdog tag it was an insult because we believed we were always the measuring stick so we took it on to show the non-believers. In the present we relish the tag because it's a pressure release.

I like KT but I hate his quick eagerness to assume the tag. We trumpet this tag too often for my liking.

We should wear our away strip so that Crow players and supporters fell more comfortable.

This time you can argue that we are the underdog because we've been owned five times straight and we're playing an unidentifiable game style but I still hate the f.... word in the afl version of Port Adelaide. Sure there were some occasions in the sanfl where we were the underdog if you were to lay a bet but there's a difference to how the club understands this tag now and how it understood it then. In the past when given the underdog tag it was an insult because we believed we were always the measuring stick so we took it on to show the non-believers. In the present we relish the tag because it's a pressure release.

I like KT but I hate his quick eagerness to assume the tag. We trumpet this tag too often for my liking.
It used to be Port are the underdog but...

Now it is Port are the underdog and...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My first thought when I read KT's recent email was that Koch's humble club BS must have eventually got to him. :(
Nope..he”s trying to keep our sponsors happy, trying not to mess up our China stuff, tired of his administration being distracted and wasting their time and resources battling the SA media and fixing player and supporter stuff ups. No point people being annoyed or outraged. It feels like there’s a negative Port incident at least every month.

The changes this week are an admission that we got things wrong last week. To go from having mostly outside players to mostly inside really makes me wonder if everyone is clear on their roles. It'll be interesting to see where Rockliff plays.

Ken needs to watch Pies v Crows. That’s the blue print on how to beat them. On the flip side there’s a fair bit of vision on how to be us :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon you guys will win this, you are at full strength and we haven't looked all that flash thus far in our wins, plus our horrendous injury management is going to take its toll.

Reckon you guys will win this, you are at full strength and we haven't looked all that flash thus far in our wins, plus our horrendous injury management is going to take its toll.
Hardly. Apart from our shocking form we have also had 2 games in a row away on hard surfaces while you have had 2 at home. You may have injuries but we are as unsettled as can be plus the club has already said it’s hard to keep our players minds off thei4 next game inShangai. If we win it will be against massive odds. Ken just doesn’t know how to beat you mob.

I've just realised that the Crows board has a "banter" thread. It appears to be just themselves bantering away amongst themselves.

In all my time on BigFooty, I've never seen anything quite so strange.

I've just realised that the Crows board has a "banter" thread. It appears to be just themselves bantering away amongst themselves.

One of them did come over here and say that their banter thread was just them circlejerking.

Unfortunately, our strength on paper is just that. There's no connection to reality.

Because if a port supporter went on there to banter they would probably get carded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back