Preview Port Adelaide vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes sense to me.

"Port" – the club
"Port Power" – the AFL team
"Port Magpies" – the SANFL team

But I get why many people manifest symptoms of PTSD (Port Traumatic Stress Disorder) when see or hear it.

Do you say West Eagles or North Kangaroos?

I blame the stupid marketing of our club in 1997 though. They started this s**t and quickly scrapped it a year later.

I must say just dragging myself along to watch this I am so unenthused, I was completely over our game play direction last year and then re-signing him just put me more off. Now our 2018 starting exactly how I expected it's clear we are going nowhere and it's hard to even care. With that unwarranted extension it's not the casuals they've lost but the rusted on hardcores who just are over it. There's no ******* way there's a record crowd tomorrow, they keep pushing it and continue to keep misreading complete apathy towards everything the reliable season ticket holders have, if it's even an inkling it will be wet tomorrow a lot will stay home then go watch the s**t show of a gameplan we have against Adelaide.

“There are a lot of mixed opinions on that, I never had any connection with Port Power as such but being a Maggies boy originally and the fact that I am tied up with them on weekends a lot of people say ‘welcome home’,” he said.

Scott Thompson in today's rag.

Scott Thompson in today's rag.

At least when he was coming up it was smackbang at the height of the identity schism.

ie, the club logo was the old one and the Magpies were based at Ethelton.

A sincere question: why SANFL does not schedule Magpies-Lil'Crows games as curtain-raiser for the Showdowns?

Give all other teams a bye and let the state fully enjoy the derby, while using Port' and Crows' Seconds to promote the local league. It makes sense from afar. The risk of supporters migrating from the SANFL clubs (sic) to the Lil'Crows beyond those occasional derbies seems minimal.

I wouldn't mind having it as a curtain raiser, but if you want the answer as to why they don't, visit the SA Footy Forum and bathe in the hatred there of all things AFL, the AFL presence in the SANFL and Port Adelaide and you'll soon get the gist as to why http://safooty.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=ff47e5e1e03443e705a0a46e58e0bd0c

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken:

"There's some risk with any hamstring return and Chad might be at risk tomorrow, but we understand those risks and we're prepared to take them."

This is music to my ears. The "no risk policy" is officially dead and we are playing for now not 2019 or 2020.

I expect this attitude to wear off on the players soon. It's time to write in the change rooms in big bold letters-

"GO HARD OR GO HOME"

Ken:

"There's some risk with any hamstring return and Chad might be at risk tomorrow, but we understand those risks and we're prepared to take them."

This is music to my ears. The "no risk policy" is officially dead and we are playing for now not 2019 or 2020.

I expect this attitude to wear off on the players soon. It's time to write in the change rooms in big bold letters-

"GO HARD OR GO HOME"

In b4 chadwick tears the string off the bone and is gawn for 12 weeks

If I see one fast break with nobody home I'll likely throw the remote at the TV that hard it will go through the wall behind it.
It'll be to Sam Gray if he was 18ft tall

Ken making excuses already haha!...Least he’s lubing us up!

"We understand the quality of the opponent we're playing. I think that goes missing sometimes, this is a high-class football team we're playing against and we're going to give our absolute best to make the number 1-0 in our favour."

I wouldn't mind having it as a curtain raiser, but if you want the answer as to why they don't, visit the SA Footy Forum and bathe in the hatred there of all things AFL, the AFL presence in the SANFL and Port Adelaide and you'll soon get the gist as to why http://safooty.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=ff47e5e1e03443e705a0a46e58e0bd0c

Thanks I feel far more stupid and depressed about the human condition for having gone to that site. Faaaark.

I can still try to understand. Maybe nothing sensible to understand among all the idiotic objections but lets give it a go...

If I understand it correctly the subset of SAnFL folks who support neither Port nor Crows are against it. Those dozens who support some other AFL team and don't want anything to go right for Port or the Crows, fair enough, I understand you seeking advantage, you can eff off. Plus those who don't support *any* AFL side, ie both of South Adelaide's fans, at least one of West Adelaide's perpetually warring sub-factions, and whichever one of Central's 'Ultra' type groups has access to a person with reading skills this week. Huge numbers of objections. Let the voice of Fan be heard from the grassy roots Of Borealunga to the rooted grasses of the Ponderosa!

OK enough of that.

Is there any sort of opex capping on the AFL-reserves entities? Getting the oval at nominal cost for the day and/or some share, even a tiny one, of walk up gate = a match day profit equivalent to that from something much bigger than your typical SANFL crowd. I could understand SAnFL numpties getting their financials in a knot over that specifically, unless there was some sort of opex cap, or if the money from any Calves v Sparks game goes to the 'parent' AFL club bucket anyway in which case it doesn't matter at all given the hobbling/handicapping of the reserves team lists themselves.

I can't think of any other objection that isn't grass rooted in pig headed stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back