Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you think that's why Gregson and Murdoch are there?.... are they responsible to play key positions?...
Reckon Sav is better a better tackler than either anyway, Gregson for certain!

I have massive hopes for Sav as he's delivering pretty well after playing the game for such a short time BUT I don't think his tackling is as advanced as his marking and kicking. That is understandable though as tackling is a difficult skill to 'master' and Sav is giving away a few frees ATM. There's no questioning his ferocity and speed in laying a tackle though. The precision will take a while yet.

Thank goodness we're back to team focus
I agree with that analysis, but last week was awful for all but when it was over. A true backside kick for all ahead of themselves. I'm thinking we'll come out hard this weekend. They have to be angry about that effort and somewhat embarrassed. Maybe Jed will kick a couple

Yeah we were awful but for the first half Essendon were magnificent. They were saying on the coverage how their pressure half way through the 2nd quarter was absolutely off the charts. If they could reproduce the first half for 4 quarters consistently they probably win the premiership.

But the issue for me wasn't so much that we were outplayed in the first half or that we were poor but that we were unable to find a way to contain them. I don't think our 2011 team would've been ahead of Essendon at half time. But they would've scrounged and hung tough to be 2-3 goals down and ready to pounce when the Bombers couldn't keep it going. But our team right now don't just outplayed but get completely smashed on the scoreboard so it's game over almost before it's begun.

In my experience, people who say they went to the School of Hard Knocks generally suck at life.
Problem is you don't
You're such a loser mate, but you are entertaining me cause I know you wouldn't say any of this to my face.

Says you're 60yo, probably the most immature 60yo I've ever chatted with so to speak.
You lost the argument and you could not handle it. Thats tough for you. Nothing I said would I be scared to say to your face. Get over it you lost one you will come back harder next week.

Funny that a "hard knocks' guy doesn't like Zappa
A forefront critique of Capitalist society and its inequities
Very funny too
20th century humour in songs like
You are what you is
Catholic girls with their tiny little moustache
Dancing fool
Broken Hearts are for Assholes
The torture never stops
I think you might be rambling on a bit there.

Problem is you don't

You lost the argument and you could not handle it. Thats tough for you. Nothing I said would I be scared to say to your face. Get over it you lost one you will come back harder next week.
Lolol ^^^^
We’ve got a bad ass here........don’t get your capabilities mixed up with your realities. You’re likely to pop a hip at your age just getting out of bed

I agree, but let's not forget who's best positioned at the drop to prevent the ball from being run out.
Surely the 4 small/mediums of the front 6 are responsible for something?
If they’re not there for crashing packs and big marks then what's their role and responsibilities?
Wish people would point the finger in the right direction that's all and get it right.
Absolutely, the biggest culprits have been Parsons, Gregson and Murdoch with only Parsons getting his just deserves.

I like Gregson but he needs to lift big time.

I have massive hopes for Sav as he's delivering pretty well after playing the game for such a short time BUT I don't think his tackling is as advanced as his marking and kicking. That is understandable though as tackling is a difficult skill to 'master' and Sav is giving away a few frees ATM. There's no questioning his ferocity and speed in laying a tackle though. The precision will take a while yet.
So long as a good level of pain is felt, the errors can continue for a while

Problem is you don't

I'm more than happy to have this discussion with you face to face at the footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the fixture we have a fairly tough couple of weeks coming up after the GC game

That’ll tell us where the team is really at
We do, Suns will want to play well + hard to gauge their development + where they're at, a lot of lower teams use teams in the eight to see whether their best game is good enough + where improvements are needed.

Defeating Carlton (Rd10), Suns (Rd11) + Bulldogs (rd15) by good margins is crucial to improve our Ladder position & %.

Thank goodness we play the Bulldogs after the Bye + not Sydney *phew*

Our tough games:
Rd13 Richmond our Home Game at MCG
Rd16 Sydney at SCG
Rd17 Adelaide at AO
Rd18 Melbourne KP

Gaz comes in, what:huh:SNR.JNR been there the last two weeks,time to water down the plonk.

I've changed my mind - both play with one in the Ruck + the other Forward, then rotate :p

Absolutely, the biggest culprits have been Parsons, Gregson and Murdoch with only Parsons getting his just deserves.

I like Gregson but he needs to lift big time.

That's right you are a Gregson fan, so was l believe it or not.
Just reckon TH operates well when there's assistance around as in Sav and Crameri for Menzel is working ok.
It's the 3 you've mentioned haven't pulled their weight imo also.

That's right you are a Gregson fan, so was l believe it or not.
Just reckon TH operates well when there's assistance around as in Sav and Crameri for Menzel is working ok.
It's the 3 you've mentioned haven't pulled their weight imo also.
Do you think we'd be able to play Hawkins, Menzel, Crameri and Ratugolea all in the same team if Ratugolea was also the 2nd ruck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back