Changes vs Hawks

Which of these players will be selected this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think if we are going to persist playing Kelly maybe we should throw him up forward in a lockdown role against Sicily. Body type, speed, size are all quite similar, and its not like Kelly's not used to the assignment, he plays it every week, he has just never done it in the forward line before. Plus he's so out of form as a defender maybe this could be a way to get him back to his best without the added pressure of leaking goals in the backhalf!

And Sicily is bordering on AA for me, so even if we just make his day slightly harder it will be beneficial to the team!
Don't mind it at all !

But way too left field for our coaching panel

I'm not seeing Wilson as an inside midfielder at AFL level, his lack of agility and turning circle of the Queen Mary will see him nailed regularly by any opposition midfield with a defensive mindset. His skill set would be better served on the wing or coming off the back of the centre square, he's a dead set straight line runner.
correct

His endurance base on big MCG expanses won't hold up either . He will play 60 % game time IMO at best

Atkins is the weakest, softest player to ever pull on a footy jumper
You never saw Luke Jericho play?
Why after so many poor performances are some of the above getting games ????
Because we have 8x best-22 players on the injury list, and nobody worth selecting in the SANFL. The selectors have no alternative but to continue selecting out of form and/or injured players.

MCG won't bring back good memories.

Neither do buses.

To be fair the players handled hearing the Richmond song before the game in round two well.

Jenkins didn't even fall into the Fetal position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You never saw Luke Jericho play?

Because we have 8x best-22 players on the injury list, and nobody worth selecting in the SANFL. The selectors have no alternative but to continue selecting out of form and/or injured players.
Yes....good old “walls of Jericho” .....he was rather special....reminds me of a Atkins, Macakay hybrid ;)
What a mess.... sigh....

Quality post
The last few years when we've been flying. I remember going to opposition boards reading about how badly they think we will beat them.

On scale of one to ten.

Ten meaning supporter morale non existent.

One meaning at an all time high

I rate morale in this thread at 50

Once again don backs in his senior players who continually let him down. What an idiot.

Amazingly he is even more conservative then Craig. ******* staggering.

Make a bloody hard decision Pyke
(its actually not hard to drop a senior player who deserves it but I know you think it nigh impossible)

Just curious does anyone know if and when was the last time the Crows debut 3 players of the Rookie list in one season.
So far this year it's been
CEY, Murthy and now Wilson. all of the Rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, it was only a few weeks ago that Hawthorn got humiliated by Brisbane, they aren't going well really.

Neither are we I know, but weather will help us IMO and we have made decent changes, if not enough.

Unfortunately, I doubt our issues are fixable this season. Very unfit, missing a lot of players, you can see they've broken mentally. Not only that this is an away game (so already a lowered chance of success, seeing teams usually perform better at home compared to away) against a team in a milestone match. Nothing in that even whispers that this is doable.

I doubt at this point if stranger things have happened then us upsetting the Hawks at this point of time.

Just curious does anyone know if and when was the last time the Crows debut 3 players of the Rookie list in one season.
So far this year it's been
CEY, Murthy and now Wilson. all of the Rookies

CEY is not a debut, he has been on the list for years and has played long before this year.

I am not sure what's happened along the way, but have people here seemingly turned CEY into the new "Young" Michael Doughty.

A 19 year old youngster seemingly trapped in the body of a 25 year old footballer.

Last thing I feel comfortable with is Talia, Hartigan, Kelly and Cheney chipping the ball around trying to take the pace off the game. I mean, that ball is going through our goal quicker than you can say " ball over the top of the pack and will be mopped up by David Mackay as he is 15 metres in the clear"
Watching the chipping possession game that we appear to be s**t at, is made worse by watching it work brilliantly against us at the other end of the field.

Hawks will do to us what they did to Port but with greater effect on the wider ground.

They will chip laterally, wide and wider and sometimes backwards, to guys who have made position by running away from our guys who were busy guarding space when the turnover first occurred.

Our guys will be 3 - 4 paces away, and will be arriving at the free, marking hawks player, agonisingly a half second late, after he's comfortably marked the ball. That player will calmly pass the ball to the Hawk who was the other side of our guy when our guy took after the first free guy. The loose man will be set up followed with a string of kicks and handballs to hawks who will be half a second ahead of our guys, down the flank, until the cut inside to a leading Burgoyne, or a running-with-the-flow Burgoyne, who will mark and kick his 4th goal. For novelty, there will be times when the Hawks will ignore the flanks and go straight to the middle corridor after the first couple of wide kicks to free players. Either way Burgoyne will be on the end of it torching us in his 350th.

There you have it. No need to watch now.:)

CEY is not a debut, he has been on the list for years and has played long before this year.

I am not sure what's happened along the way, but have people here seemingly turned CEY into the new "Young" Michael Doughty.

A 19 year old youngster seemingly trapped in the body of a 25 year old footballer.

I should have worded it better What I meant was when was the last time the Crows played 3 rookies in one year.
But I should have looked closer As I just remembered it was 2017, with Greenwood, Keath and Beech.

Watching the chipping possession game that we appear to be s**t at, is made worse by watching it work brilliantly against us at the other end of the field.

Hawks will do to us what they did to Port but with greater effect on the wider ground.

They will chip laterally, wide and wider and sometimes backwards, to guys who have made position by running away from our guys who were busy guarding space when the turnover first occurred.

Our guys will be 3 - 4 paces away, and will be arriving at the free, marking hawks player, agonisingly a half second late, after he's comfortably marked the ball. That player will calmly pass the ball to the Hawk who was the other side of our guy when our guy took after the first free guy. The loose man will be set up followed with a string of kicks and handballs to hawks who will be half a second ahead of our guys, down the flank, until the cut inside to a leading Burgoyne, or a running-with-the-flow Burgoyne, who will mark and kick his 4th goal. For novelty, there will be times when the Hawks will ignore the flanks and go straight to the middle corridor after the first couple of wide kicks to free players. Either way Burgoyne will be on the end of it torching us in his 350th.

There you have it. No need to watch now.:)
Are you sure you're not a Hawk's fan?

Think Sydney at SCG. Only this time it's the Hawks at MCG. We are now the hunters, we will be a pack of carnivores hunting and sniffing for some bird meat. *fingers cross*

Are you sure you're not a Hawk's fan?

Think Sydney at SCG. Only this time it's the Hawks at MCG. We are now the hunters, we will be a pack of carnivores hunting and sniffing for some bird meat. *fingers cross*
I can guarantee you I am a fanatical Crows fan. I absolutely despise the Hawks and have done, ever since they were given the 2012 PF with, the fourth worst umpiring bias I've ever had the displeasure to witness.

BTW (OT I know) worst umpiring bias I've witnessed.

1) SANFL Late 60's early 70's (not sure) Woodville V South Adelaide.
Umpire tried to bribe players before the match to throw the game. One player who exposed it was Peter Darley. Woodville won in a canter with ridiculous frees being paid all day.

That umpire was caught out because he'd bet on the game. Was later diagnosed with mental health issues I believe.

2) Our 15 frees to 1 mate Troy Pannell.:poo:

3) Richmonds umpiring gift GF 'win'.:poo:

4) Nicholls (in particular) 2012 PF:poo:

Back