Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Might've given him an extra year or 2 at the expense of a lower $/year, but higher overall amount. eg 5 years x $800k instead of 3 x $1m

That's what I think as well.

We've gone longer with less money per year than shorter term with more money.

5 years may be 1 or 2 to many given his age and the type of player he is wears his body down earlier than average. Right now though, let's just revel in the fact a star player actually re-signed.

Exactly. 5 years is fine.

Even if his last year is kinda like Thommo spending time in the reserves and assisting with coaching. Who wouldn’t want Rory Sloane in a role like that?

* we’ve got some negative campaigners here.

So they released this the day Dangerfield gets into town?

Impeccable Rory.

Who said when Lynch extended it meant Rory had made his mind up?

Smart poster
I had speculated that might be the case. The theory I had was they would need to set aside money for Sloane as he was the highest priority signing. Seeing Lynch get signed before him led me to believe Sloane may have told the club he was leaving. It's not really a crackpot theory when you take into consideration the club's atrocious record for player retention.

You just posted that to get post to like ratio up lol.

Seriously cheers

Ha, not at all.

Have a lot of respect for your recruiting and also the crow's similar on-field approach to us to - always fighting out seasons often to the detriment of draft position.

You've been dealt some bad cards with poaching - Danger, Lever, Bock, Davis et al - and were long overdue due a winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they released this the day Dangerfield gets into town?

Impeccable Rory.

Who said when Lynch extended it meant Rory had made his mind up?

Smart poster

It did mean he had made his mind up by then. With all the paperwork etc that has to get done there is no way this wasnt all worked out in principle during the time lynch was announced

Somewhere in Victoria Caro has flipped flopped again.

She really has become one of the tabloid gutter journos the past year or so.

It used to be when she spoke you could take her opinion to the bank.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This Caro hate for someone sharing her opinion is just a tad insane.

She never said “he’s gone, I have information confirming he’s gone”

Fantastic news.:thumbsu:

He'll be quality for at least 4 of those years. And even if he spuds it up in the final year, who cares as he can always drop back to SANFL and if there is a bloke who deserves to be carried for a year while he goes out on his own terms it's Sloaney!

Back