Is Sydney losing good or bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
I know we’ve got a game tomorrow but after tonight’s result, I was wondering if it’s good or bad for us next week.

They’re ripe for the pickin going into next week but they could also be coming out breathing fire with finals on the line.

What do you guys think?

They're shithouse.

We'll beat them.

Franklin hasn't trained all year and can hardly move. Moore will have a field day.

If they were to come out breathing fire from last weeks embarrassing display, they would've done it tonight.
I'd say the wheels are falling off now for the Swans, but stranger things have happened.
Was it last year they were 0-6? then went on to finish 6th.
Underestimate the Swans at your peril.

Overall I'd say it's very good for us. It makes our chances of finishing in the top 4 even stronger. Sydney play Collingwood, Melbourne (MCG), GWS and Hawthorn, and on current form couldn't be confident of winning any of those games, so that has to be good for us.

Their worst loss all year (prior to the Essendon game) was by just 26 points (the competition's "best worst-result" in 2018), but lost by 43 points, and it could have been so much worse. They've lost 5 (of 9) at the SCG this year. There's a fair chance that it will be 6 SCG losses after next week, providing we have enough players left to field a team!!! I'd rather our chances to theirs the way things are shaping up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we’ve got a game tomorrow but after tonight’s result, I was wondering if it’s good or bad for us next week.

They’re ripe for the pickin going into next week but they could also be coming out breathing fire with finals on the line.

What do you guys think?

They look shot but you'd never write them off. In terms of us finishing top 4 it basically means we get a free hit at the Tigers tomorrow. If we win then great, if not we'll still sit most like 4th at the end of the round.

If they were to come out breathing fire from last weeks embarrassing display, they would've done it tonight.
I'd say the wheels are falling off now for the Swans, but stranger things have happened.
Was it last year they were 0-6? then went on to finish 6th.
Underestimate the Swans at your peril.

Hanneberry, Mcveigh and Jack all out injured.

Buddy and Kennedy clearly playing injured.

Grundy is past it.

A bunch of youngsters who are inconsistent.

We should touch them up next week, their home form has been appalling.

They look shot but you'd never write them off. In terms of us finishing top 4 it basically means we get a free hit at the Tigers tomorrow. If we win then great, if not we'll still sit most like 4th at the end of the round.
There's a fair chance we'll lose and Port (sitting 4th) will win this round, but we're 4 points and 8.6% in front of them. So a fair bit would need to go wrong for us to slip from 3rd spot this week.

I'm hoping the Bulldogs can pull off a big result, and that North Melbourne can do the same against West Coast. Sydney losing again has really helped us, no doubt about that, so I think it's been a good start to the weekend.

Sydney's window appears to be closing. Their best players are ageing and they've had a good run, with a flag in 2012.

Our window, on the other hand, is opening up. We've never really been cowed by Sydney, even at their best. If they are playing hurt, then so are we. Maybe its a match up of injuries and niggles? But I'd be much more confident with JDG and Treloar in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back