Autopsy Not quite enough. Pies fall 105-77 - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah **** that it was borderline Bulldogs flag year type cheating blatant obvious shit none calls for multiple holding the balls, incorrect disposal (yes that is a thing), scragging at stoppages and on our fwds and to top it off we do it once and whistle!
Wayne Carey was saying on MMM that Cox had been destroyed by the umps not paying all the infringements against him. You know when Carey starts sticking up for pies players that they’re being really bloody hard done by.

Some good points but they did beat you earlier with De Goey , Dunn and Treleor all playing . They also can add some premiership players in butler, Houli and graham.
Dream on comparing those players. None of the players named average higher than 11 disposals except for Houli and average max 2 goals a game.
Treloar's average disposal is 31 and JDG 17. Plus JDG has 30 goals from only 14 games.

Last edited:

Wayne Carey was saying on MMM that Cox had been destroyed by the umps not paying all the infringements against him. You know when Carey starts sticking up for pies players that they’re being really bloody hard done by.

He even had look himself today like "How Can I get a Bloody Free Kick" here.

Umps need to go to OPSM for there Free Eye Checks

Some good points but they did beat you earlier with De Goey , Dunn and Treleor all playing . They also can add some premiership players in butler, Houli and graham.
We had Elliott, Adams, Moore, Wells, Goldy missing and lost two players by halftime in that game too. Goldy is a premiership player too!:rolleyes: That tag is a joke at times. Are you trying to suggest our club hasn't been decimated by injuries all year?

Saying that they were missing premiership players Butler and Graham is the equivalent of me saying we were missing premiership player Blair...

Dream on comparing those players. None of your players average higher than 11 disposals except for Houli and average max 2 goals a game.
Treloar's average disposal is 31 and JDG 17. Plus JDG has 30 goals from only 14 games.

With respect , they are all premiership players and one nearly won the norm smith and graham kicked 3 goals in the granny. Perhaps compare their tackle stats as that is essentially what butler and graham do.

Yes Treleor abd degoey probably better players overall .

With respect , they are all premiership players and one nearly won the norm smith and graham kicked 3 goals in the granny. Perhaps compare their tackle stats as that is essentially what butler and graham do.

Probably better players overall? Where is the doubt coming from?

What does that even mean, seriously you are batting zero at the moment. Why even bring them up?

Stay on your own board, you have no idea!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we play Richmond in a final this year. Before today I was totally against that thought but I reckon we can match them with a few key players back.

I'm against segregated seating in the AFL but f*ck me I couldn't stand the Richmond supporters in the AFL members today. One bloke kept turning around to me explaining every free kick - **** off mate you probably haven't given a crap about the Tigers until September last year.

Big dilemma is when Reid comes back what happens? For me he needs to go back, him and Cox forward will get into each other's way and having them both there compromises our forward pressure. Leave Mihocheck forward and Reid down back in Dunn's role. Move Moore to the second forward and let the mid defenders in Howe and Langdon help out.
Should come up against a smaller forward line then Moore becomes that intercept defender. Shaz has had goals kicked on him this year as will happen so it's a matter of keeping the system and structure the same. Up front Elliott needs to come in asap and with Jordy back that becomes really potent.

Heartbroken upon hearing the Scharenberg news. Absolutely gutted. Kid had turned the corner and was playing some really good football.. can't stand it.

I'm worried that this could be the end of our campaign. No Dunn, no Scharenberg, no Goldsack to fill the void. We're going to find it tough down back. Darcy has been good, but he has a long way to go before he becomes a reliable piece.

DeGoey, Treloar, Sier and whatever version of Elliott we get back will help, but I don't know if our backline can hold up.

Despite several factors conspiring against us (10 senior players on the injury list prior to today), the loss of Degoey earlier in the week and Howe at the 21m of the first quarter, Miochek slowed by an ankle injury just prior to 1/2 time and the luckless Shaz in the 3rd, and the AFL and umpires implementing in-game rule changes and not advising the Pies of this (several blatant poor umpiring decisions) we kept pace with them for 3/4 quarters and dominated everywhere (Disposals +25; Clearances +10; Stoppages +11; Tackles +24; HO +25) except the scoreboard.

We may have lost the battle but I believe we will win the war. It is starting to feel like 1990 all over again.

Good:
Pendles; 37 possessions; 19 contested; 13 clearances; 7 tackles; 8 stoppages
Adams; 30 possessions; 16 contested; 7 clearances; 7 tackles; 4 stoppages
Grundy: 23 possessions; 12 contested; 5 clearances; 10 tackles; 4 stoppages; 48 hit-outs
Langdon; 22 possessions; 7 contested; 5 marks; 6 R50's; 7 tackles
Thomas; 16 possessions; 7 contested; 3 tackles; 4 goals
Cox and his one percenters

Bad:
Richmond's youngsters had more composure than our youngsters
Maynard 8 turnovers
Phillips 8 turnovers
Sidebottom 8 turnovers
Murray 7 turnovers
Brown 5 clangers
Varcoe continues to play soft non physical football (8 kicks, 2 clangers, 0 clearances, R50's and tackles)
Moore holding his hamstring on several occasions today. Came off in the first quarter and underwent some testing, came back on and played out the game. We cannot afford to be without him this week

Ugly:
Our ever growing injury list (particularly our back line)
Shaz likely to be sidelined for a further 12 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back