Unofficial Preview Changes v Brisbane (out: Moore, Brown, Daicos; in: JDG, Aish, Ox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, support the boys, I say. I mean, I get that Oxley has his limitations, but then again I never expected Mayne to do what he's done.

Get behind them!

Agree - before his injuries he was showing potential. Though his lack of pace and disinclination for body contact were problematic. If he’s now prepared to play a more vigorous game style I actually feel he has the skills to at least play the Mayne role.

Having a PhD in sports analytics here re.. you need to understand this..

If you're gonna play Madgen then you have to play Murray. Not bashing Appleby here re.. but Scharenberg was avg 20 odd possessions a game. So released the pressure of Howe and Crisp and these types re.

You wouldnt think Madgen would avg 20 possessions a game so you need to offset that with playing Murray as a headless chook attacking type.. rather than playing Apples in a shut down role next to Magden re. Had Schaz been out there.. you might consider playing the Apple re.

Play Magden next to Apples.. the pressure to go forward by crisp howe Maynard and these types will be far too great re..

Capish?

Glad to help.

I also have a PhD in sports analytics and my analysis is that with Appleby injured, analysis is pointless.

My PhD was clearly in the applied side of the science fence whilst yours was the pure. Bloody hippy.

They are 3rd last on the ladder with 4 wins after 20 rounds for good reason.

You're kidding if you think they are an amazing side, it's actually laughable.
They are a very good young team who have played some fantastic footy throughout the year without reward. Their forward line will stretch us. North pumped West Coast and then fell in the week after because Rayner missed from 25 metres. Tell North how laughable Brisbane are.

I also have a PhD in sports analytics and my analysis is that with Appleby injured, analysis is pointless.

My PhD was clearly in the applied side of the science fence whilst yours was the pure. Bloody hippy.

I'm saying if you're gonna play Madgen and you had both Apples and Murray available.. you have to play Murray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched much of him in the VFL B B?

I've watched him a bit, CFC. Oxley ain't grand, has more than a few limitations, but:
- He reads the play well;
- He's a good mark;
- He's got good depth on his kicking.

It's unfortunate that Ox is a player who seems to pick and choose his moments, but I've nevertheless seen him put his body on the line from time to time. He's certainly not as 'tentative' as he's often made out to be.

He's not strong, he's not a sublime decision-maker, and he lacks a yard of pace. Maybe he won't be attracting too many Brownlow votes, and maybe he's not the salvation to our injury woes, but I reckon he'll do okay.

Should have blooded Murphy instead of Ox

No. Form has to be rewarded and Oxley's is far superior. He might not be the most physical player in the side but hes far more advanced than Murphy.

The only other option was McLarty who hasnt played back all year.......or to send McLarty forward and Mihocek back which is something Buckley has avoided (prefers like to like and its been successful so far) .

It certainly comes down to the midfield battle, if we dominate and limit the amount of forward entries then we should win.

Not sure when was the last time Sidebottom has 0 clearances, but I expect to see a 1 in front of the 0 this weekend....

They’ve been playing some very good football over the past month. They’re certainly not the walkover type team they were early in the year.

I didn’t say they were an amazing side I said they were playing amazing football.

Brions last 6 rounds:

Rd 15- belted Freo by 55 AWAY

Rd 16- belted Carltoon by 65

Rd 17- belted Hawthorn (currently 5th) by 35

Rd 18- Lost to Crows by 5 in the last minute

Rd 19- Stumbled against the Cats by 42

Rd 20- Lost on the siren to the Roos with a missed kick by 3 pts

You might wanna catch some other games that aren’t Collingwood games tiges. You might learn something.

Oh .. and in case you forgot.. we only beat them by 7 points this year when we were near full strength.

Last edited:
No. Form has to be rewarded and Oxley's is far superior. He might not be the most physical player in the side but hes far more advanced than Murphy.

The only other option was McLarty who hasnt played back all year.......or to send McLarty forward and Mihocek back which is something Buckley has avoided (prefers like to like and its been successful so far) .
Oxley: Has shown he is never going to be best 22, 25 years old
Murphy: Has shown he has the ability to be something special down the track, 18 years old

In a years time who will we be more keen to have games under their belt? Blood Murphy and start the growing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back