Rumour Ablett's camp demanded late changes to "Thomas and Friends" appearance?

Remove this Banner Ad

woopedazz

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Heard this from a mate in the animation business. Apparently, late changes were made, which included a few changes to almost all scenes with Ablett's ute character in them.

He's not sure exactly what happened, but here's what he heard on the rumour mill (completely unsubstantiated):

He heard someone say that the redraws were because Ablett's camp refused to have Ablett cast as a train. They wanted something special and different. He reckons that Ablett's people threatened to have him pulled out of the deal unless he was a motorcycle, but they settled on a ute to fit the storyline and "Australian" theme.

Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. Other times the truth is boring, so you have to make s**t up for people to pay attention. Either way it's worth an article somewhere.

Heard this from a mate in the animation business. Apparently, late changes were made, which included a few changes to almost all scenes with Ablett's ute character in them.

He's not sure exactly what happened, but here's what he heard on the rumour mill (completely unsubstantiated):

He heard someone say that the redraws were because Ablett's camp refused to have Ablett cast as a train. They wanted something special and different. He reckons that Ablett's people threatened to have him pulled out of the deal unless he was a motorcycle, but they settled on a ute to fit the storyline and "Australian" theme.

I can't believe nobody has said "what the hell are you talking about?!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should've been animated as a train that had lost the ability to reverse, and could only run one way.

Last edited:
So I've looked on the internet and it seems there is some version of Thomas the tank engine which for some reason features afl football in it.
Is this on tv in Melbourne?

Selwood pleaded with the director to be cast as an airplane.

upload_2018-8-14_2-6-47.jpeg

images

So I've looked on the internet and it seems there is some version of Thomas the tank engine which for some reason features afl football in it.
Is this on tv in Melbourne?

Hello? Is anyone there?
Can anyone tell me what the * you're talking about here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back