• 34. Jack Graham

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 30. Reece Conca

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep can't wait to have 2 legit tall weapons roaming the forward line, we get enough entries but Jack can only do so much especially when Caddy doesn't fire. It will take time for Lynch to settle into the groove I hope the supporters go easy on him.
Will go like Prestia. Our fitness crew will ensure he doesn’t play underdone and hence might not play as much as we hoped. Everyone will start to question the decision but then he’ll slot in and kick bags regularly.

I disagree that he couldn’t be stopped. For starters we gave him tarmac space that even the Spruce Goose could have taken off from. We played into their hands as all their forwards dragged our boys away from his space so he could take off. Suddenly we had a seven foot beast going full steam ahead and no coach in our box could see it. Astbury has been off in a lot of games this year and carried niggles , so having the flu and shitz all week made him useless as he was restricted to dinosaur class.
Garthwaite is faster and with better overall athleticism and should have played . We made the fundamental mistake of playing unfit men and it was exploited by Collingwood. They did their homework and we went against our 2017 mantra of all players being equal outside the top six and if unfit or out of form you get dropped.
BEllis is a proven 120 min gut runner and yes he has his deficiencies, but he could have shut down or at least kept up with one of their mids rather than Conca who hurt us when he touched it and also when he didn’t touch it. Sam Lloyd and Baker all performed better than him when they came in simply bc they added electricity to our side rather than below average plodding stopping power. Collingwood made him look like the player he is and will always be.
Butler was a massive loss bc he with Rioli move their pressure acts into the midfield, but in the end injuries got us at the wrong time of the year and we played the wrong depth players and didn’t take the risks we took in 2017 by playing unknowns like Townsend and Graham types.
After the last two seasons I’m surprised JR is still alive considering the amount of physical attention he gets and it’s been obvious another tall should have been groomed during the cheap kills , instead they dropped Moore and continued to play the Jack Riewoldt and the Seven Dwarfs set up.
Lost during the season bc of failing to play fit players and developing them at afl level , but took the easy option of playing injured players who got us there last year as well as the addition of a hack who is going to run to Freo for money to support his gambling habit.
Still angry bc we resorted back to 2016 tactics where flair creativity and positivity were bundled away into KDH man cave waste basket.
The game was over at quarter time and irrespective of what people are saying that early leavers were sooks , well I hope all you idiots enjoyed listening to the Collingwood song and had nice utensil warming conversations with them when walking back to your form of transportation back home. I left 15 min into the last as this was all the suffering I could take and it was much more enjoyable talking to all those beautiful and happy Storm girls on the Choo Choo back to Preston’s Cramer Hotel.
Spruce goose.

Genuine LOL.

Hard to argue with any of that, TI.

This game was lost in the coaching box. Just like 2013 and 2015 a guy got off the chain and they had no answer. Blind Freddy could see that the obvious match up for de goey was grimes but they waited 2 quarters to make a change and by then the game was done. De goey was basically a decoy for the first half while Cox was constantly given leading lanes to run into. Sidebottom was left to run amock all game. No one went near him and he was the second most damaging player on the ground. Pendlebury pretty much the same. We had to play Dusty but the selection of Dave was wrong. Garth would have held his own. Pretty pissed off as we blew a huge chance to play in another granny just with some basic coaching and selection errors.

I'm too afraid to open the paper and read it.

This game was lost in the coaching box. Just like 2013 and 2015 a guy got off the chain and they had no answer. Blind Freddy could see that the obvious match up for de goey was grimes but they waited 2 quarters to make a change and by then the game was done. De goey was basically a decoy for the first half while Cox was constantly given leading lanes to run into. Sidebottom was left to run amock all game. No one went near him and he was the second most damaging player on the ground. Pendlebury pretty much the same. We had to play Dusty but the selection of Dave was wrong. Garth would have held his own. Pretty pissed off as we blew a huge chance to play in another granny just with some basic coaching and selection errors.

Certainly wasn't Dimma's best night.

It concerns me that even after 2 games against the pies this year where Mason Cox clearly caused us trouble - we allowed him to do exactly the same to maximum effect. He is hardly the type of player you should allow to play 3 good games against you in a season

MB is so frustrating. I don't know why I have spent most of the day reasoning with them. Surprisingly, the supporters who have been must understanding have been West Coast supporters. Good on them.

I reckon they would trade him if they had the chance - but yeah, his contract would be an issue.

I went onto the carlton board and in their thread for off season staff asked them what his trade value would be... they literally deleted my post and called me a troll.... what the hell is wrong with them? I just watched my team get thrashed in a Prelim by Collingwood and they are the salty ones???

Bigfooty is pretty much at the point where you can't post on other boards anymore, the main board is a melting pot of s**t while bay 13 is well, bay 13. Best to stick round here anyway mate.

Ah well, the next day and the sun has come up. The boys had one of those nights and Collingwood played out of their skins and deserved to win. It's too early after the loss to want to make huge changes. The club done well to make top spot at the end of the H&A season. We'll learn a lot from that result. There were obviously some players who were not 100% fit which you just can't afford to take into finals. I did hear somethig regarding Dusty and his injury. Let's just say allegedly the injury wasn't a footy related injury. But so be it.

Love the players and club. Onward and upward next year!!

Pissed off we didn't raise the fight. Looked flat as fk.

Also, our backline has been s**t for well over a month. Wonder if that has anything to do with Rutten having already checked out.
Now we have this new St. Kilda coach. Nothing good has ever come from getting someone from St.Kilda to Richmond. Ask bloody Danny Frawley, set us back 7 years, the TFI.

Certainly wasn't Dimma's best night.

It concerns me that even after 2 games against the pies this year where Mason Cox clearly caused us trouble - we allowed him to do exactly the same to maximum effect. He is hardly the type of player you should allow to play 3 good games against you in a season
Might make it worse if I say before last night he kicked more than 2 goals only once this year and had kicked 2 goals in his last 5 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think the next flag we win don’t write a book about it 4 weeks after with the inner workings and ideas of the club etc so your other 17 competitors know how/what you did . IMO we gave clubs a leg up , sounds far fetched but I bet your bottom $ Collingwood used a similar strategy , you can hear it the way the figjam and Pendles & players talk etc

MB is so frustrating. I don't know why I have spent most of the day reasoning with them. Surprisingly, the supporters who have been must understanding have been West Coast supporters. Good on them.
The #lolnorf are up and about

You can tell the relief of salty oppos. Realised that all the s**t they still slung at us during the off season was gonna bite them on the arse again. They were still all wrong but far less emphatically.

Hey if it was the Scotts you would have got
"We beat ourselves tonight and they had nothing to do with it."
"We are a great club and they need a lot of luck to win a grand final"
"Even though the game was played at the MCG I feel that the roof being open really cost us the game"
Edited for accuracy. You don’t need to bracket the other teams name as they never mention the opposition, just refer to them or they.

I’ve read a lot of posts about Grimes not playing on De gooey, he certainly did play on him and would say probably the most of any defender.

Our defensive set up is not based on one on one match ups. However, last night might have been the time for playing a more tagging role by Grimes on De Gooey.

Having said that, it was our inability to win the ball in the midfield or move it effectively through the midfield from defence that was the big issue, not one match up in defence.

The move on Grimes was made in the 3 qtr to late then.You play your best stopper right from the go we know Rance struggles one on one and no third man up to chop out Cox there match up issues.

I agree midfield and forward line were ordinarily cost us poor delivery in 50 and there was no pressure and tackling.

That is true. And this was the least tolerable type of fail. Minor premiers, two games - and percentage - clear of the rest. Win our first final easily. So far so good. Pass mark? Win the premiership. Anything less is a fail. Not to take the opportunity while being the best team in the comp is an epic fail.

There's no guarantees that this team will reach another grand final. Anything could happen. Injuries, s**t form, lack of hunger.

That's why I'm so ******* angry.

Yep massive fail I agree especially as you said with the position we were in . All this 6 day break , trip to Perth , extra final will haunt the Pies and we will run over them was all BS

The move on Grimes was made in the 3 qtr to late then.You play your best stopper right from the go we know Rance struggles one on one and no third man up to chop out Cox there match up issues.

I agree midfield and forward line were ordinarily cost us poor delivery in 50 and there was no pressure and tackling.
I’ll say again, Grimes played on De Gooey all night, but not as a one on one, they rotated as they always do. The main difference in the second half was that Colonwood weren’t getting it all their own way any more.

I don't agree we will fall from here.We need to be smart tho.We need height in that team simple as that.Either a ruck forward or another ruck.Lynch is not going to pinch hit in ruck with his knees either he will make the difference in our forward line.

Tweak the game plan to. Need a plan b or c evident in first half we had no answers .Contested football and clearances make a huge difference not all this crap tigers like conceding them it's because we don't win them bite us yesterday.Make hard calls on players to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back