Gambling ad on the Opera House; Alan Jones bullying and apology

Remove this Banner Ad

Defiling? Its not like they are putting up a lot of shitty tents next to it and calling it an "embassy"

Fail. Doesn’t work Meds.

The Liberal Party played their “we’re doing this for the benefit of Sydney businesses... and humanity... and the vibe” card. But when people called them out, they have shown their true cards, and as usual, they have been found lacking.

Don't agree with Jones' tactics (his "apology" was one of the more laughable I've heard) but fair dinkum the hyperbole over this issue is amazing. Where was this outcry when the wallabies or ashes were being promoted (both for commercial gain, not to mention now heavily linked to gambling)? As a racing fan I think the Everest itself is BS but kudos to the ATC for doing everything they can to promote it. There is plenty else that goes along with a big racing carnival other than the punt (e.g. fashion). Wowsers gunna wowser I guess....

Don't agree with Jones' tactics (his "apology" was one of the more laughable I've heard) but fair dinkum the hyperbole over this issue is amazing. Where was this outcry when the wallabies or ashes were being promoted (both for commercial gain, not to mention now heavily linked to gambling)? As a racing fan I think the Everest itself is BS but kudos to the ATC for doing everything they can to promote it. There is plenty else that goes along with a big racing carnival other than the punt (e.g. fashion). Wowsers gunna wowser I guess....
Do you think might be a little wider than the race?

Could it be about Bullying, Democratic Processes, Elected Governments, Opera House Policy, Threats & Intimidation, The Murdochracy?

Do you think might be a little wider than the race?

Could it be about Bullying, Democratic Processes, Elected Governments, Opera House Policy, Threats & Intimidation, The Murdochracy?

Where exactly was I making any inference about any of those things? My beef is that this is even an issue to begin with. Where was all the jumping up and down and change.org petitions when the Ashes or the rugby were being blazoned on the sails? They are linked to gambling just like the races, but the wowsers were silent then.

All of those issues that you raise are relevant here and played a part in the final decision that was made, I just think that the pretence that made this an issue in the first place is pure (selective) elitist posturing.

I don’t watch Sky News at night for starters. Weren’t you watching the cricket? No, because you were scanning the right wing political shows for your next non-event to have a meltdown over!
View attachment 570797

I WAS watching the cricket , there's this thing called TWITTER ( Twit-Ta ) , you may have heard of it.

Where'd you hear it ?
Are you sharri ?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...-the-everest-controversy-20181009-p508ir.html

Alan Jones apologises to Opera House boss over The Everest controversy

Translation - avoiding libel

still a grub

From what I understand, betting has been suspended amid “security concerns” for tonight (barrier draw has been done in private)

But I suppose, there’s no turning back now... gotta... get... ad for gambling... on billboard... else... no... one... will... gamble... on race...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a world where ads are so intrusive, vulgar, and carcinogenic, how is it not possible to get word out that they want punters to lose millions of their hard won cash on a race on the weekend.

Where is plan B, and when is this going to swing into effect? Surely someone responsible was behind all this? Surely everyone’s not just flying by the seat of their pants...

It’s like they only came up with the idea last week...

What is the Petition up to?

~8x number of people who attended the inaugural race last year

Hourly news on River 949.
You accused me of watching Sharri Markson. Now if that was true I wouldn’t have heard a thing that she said.
View attachment 571131

She's glowing atm , preggers.

Sadly the baby is taking most of the vital nutrients that should be heading towards sharris cabbage.

Only under The sick degenerate Liberal Party would this be allowed to happen. They have lowered their colours and pants for two bits.

Shame.

Where exactly was I making any inference about any of those things? My beef is that this is even an issue to begin with. Where was all the jumping up and down and change.org petitions when the Ashes or the rugby were being blazoned on the sails? They are linked to gambling just like the races, but the wowsers were silent then.

All of those issues that you raise are relevant here and played a part in the final decision that was made, I just think that the pretence that made this an issue in the first place is pure (selective) elitist posturing.
You could look at it the other way of course.

It didn't become an issue until Jones behaved like a turd on air towards Louise Herron and then Gladys folded like a pack of cards to keep he and his racing mates happy.

If Louise Herron's position had been respected, I doubt if there would have been much carry on at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back