News Chad Wingard traded to Hawthorn for ... dammit who is peeling onions?

Will Chad stay or go?

• He will stay farken!

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • He will go farken!

Votes: 112 55.7%
  • He will stay, he will go, he will stay and go farken!

Votes: 46 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why anyone would want to be Gen X aka the John Howard, murdering Iraqis and doing literally nothing about climate change generation?

At least boomers got houses and womens rights.

Millenials aren’t much better but we don’t spend all our time complaining about gen z. Not yet at least....
Back off buddy. We had big hair, fluoro tank tops and we chose life (not as in the anti choice shudder but more the Wham choose life stuff). We didn't get free education and cheap housing and we had funky fun music. I have never murdered anyone that i can recall and I recycle and reuse (possibly because i am stingy) but if you go the X gen again it is Queensberry rules pal.

Last edited:
No, we all think he can play, he just fills absolutely no need for us.

He'll be competing with Jonas for the 3rd tall defender spot, and Jonas as one of the league's elite defenders ain't being dropped for Burton.

Then if he is to play HBF he is competing with Dan Houston (who has all the traits Burton does) and Hamish Hartlett, with Matthew Broadbent and Riley Bonner as backup.

There's just no real improvement or value based on that in getting Burton.

In fact we've even gone as far as trading out Pittard for basically free because we are well covered down back. With Hombsch also soon to be traded.

Pick 15 is a nothing pick which will slip to 18 on draft night, and is just not a pick worthy of consideration for Wingard. And Burton may hold some value, but not to us.

The Hawks need to get a pick under 10 on top of 15. That's the only sort of deal I would accept.

I get your point but it’s highly likely Broadbent is physically cooked having not played for over 12 months (and was declining anyway prior to injury) and Hartlett is coming of a knee reco with a horrible injury history and is the poster boy for concussion in our team. We need elite ball users off half back, Burton with Houston and Bonner have the makings - age profile is aligned and their skill sets compliment rather than replicate.

Pittard was traded because he has become a fairly obvious liability both on the field and in terms of his contract.

I agree the pick we get needs to be top 10, but I’d rather Burton than 15 everyday of the week.

I wouldn't be wanting a fair deal. I want to extract everything of worth from the Hawks. I hope the club feels the same.

We don't have to be fair to the Hawks or Chad. We have to look after self interest, first, second and third.

Pay overs now, or we might get unders next year. I want to win a flag in 2019, not in 2 or3 or 4 years time when our 2018 picks are starting to contribute materially.

Oh well pick 15 and next years first won't get it done either.
Maybe not.

As I have said on several occasions, happy for us to trade for Chad but just as happy to walk away if it costs too much.

Pretty simple really.

Why is Port shopping a guy around that you think is worth even more that 2 first rounders, no Port supporters seem to off an opinion on this.

We don't have to be fair to the Hawks or Chad. We have to look after self interest, first, second and third.

Pay overs now, or we might get unders next year. I want to win a flag in 2019, not in 2 or3 or 4 years time when our 2018 picks are starting to contribute materially.

Obviously, I am merely setting my starting position. I might be happy for Clarko to keep his coffee card.

No one has said Ryan is untouchable.

You can’t trade a bloke who is contracted that does not want to be traded.

It’s not our fault that Chad has nominated us, the biggest question is and I have asked this a few times.

Why is Port happy to shop him around if he is so good, I don’t get it.
If you trapes back through this thread, there are a few interesting posts by Dr Feelup, have a read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not.

As I have said on several occasions, happy for us to trade for Chad but just as happy to walk away if it costs too much.

Pretty simple really.

Why is Port shopping a guy around that you think is worth even more that 2 first rounders, no Port supporters seem to off an opinion on this.
Read the previous 93 pages for the answers, now bugger off!

Not reading through eleventy billion posts
Heard on the radio this morning that its been altered recently
its 2 1st rounders over 5 years and you can apply for leniency if you can prove to the AFL that the trading of your first rounders have been beneficial as Ins and Outs

I haven't heard that one yet; I haven't listened to the radio since they took the Goon Show off air. There's nothing on the afl website.
The four-year period is a rolling one i.e. Hawthorn had 2 in 2015-18 as they drafted Ryan Burton and Kieran Lovell in the first round in 2015. But they haven't had a first rounder since so as far as I can see they need 2 by next year. Do you have a link for this?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/the-futurepick-puzzle

No one has said Ryan is untouchable.

You can’t trade a bloke who is contracted that does not want to be traded.

It’s not our fault that Chad has nominated us, the biggest question is and I have asked this a few times.

Why is Port happy to shop him around if he is so good, I don’t get it.
He shopped himself around

Back off buddy. We had big hair, fluoro tank tops and we chose life. We didn't get free education and cheap housing and we had funky fun music. I have never murdered anyone that i can recall and I recycle a reuse (possibly because i am stingy) but if you go the X gen again it is Queensberry rules pal.
Yeah Gen X got screwed over as much as millenials did. Worse for minorities.

I don’t hate all gen Xers but the bitching about millenials is absurd, and people who actively wish they weren’t millenials are just weird af (or young white men who want enforced monogomy).

Wanting to keep burton over getting chad is ******* stupid lol

Anyone who says that either owns a signed Ryan Burton guernsey or has their head in the sand.

Most likely their head is in the clowns mouth at Luna Park. And they don’t have Fox Footy.

Burton is a good talent, but he was dropped this year. Meanwhile Chad Wingard is an unfulfilled talent that has still managed 2 AA’s and a B&F by 25.

They aren’t in the same stratosphere.

Welcome to free agency. Do you think the club doesn’t know hawthorn has been hitting him up for years.

I haven't heard that one yet; I haven't listened to the radio since they took the Goon Show off air. There's nothing on the afl website.
The four-year period is a rolling one i.e. Hawthorn had 2 in 2015-18 as they drafted Ryan Burton and Kieran Lovell in the first round in 2015. But they haven't had a first rounder since so as far as I can see they need 2 by next year. Do you have a link for this?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/the-futurepick-puzzle
They don't need them, they let over clubs develop them and then raid those clubs and want to low ball them for the best talent going around. Do they actually develop their own players.

Most likely their head is in the clowns mouth at Luna Park. And they don’t have Fox Footy.

Burton is a good talent, but he was dropped this year. Meanwhile Chad Wingard is an unfulfilled talent that has still managed 2 AA’s and a B&F by 25.

They aren’t in the same stratosphere.
Supporters get attached to players & while Burton isn't Wingard he is a talent.

*Christ we had people on this board going to water over Ah Chee last year.

Supporters get attached to players & while Burton isn't Wingard he is a talent.

*Christ we had people on this board going to water over Ah Chee last year.
To be fair we were pointing out that he got far less opportunity than the Amons or SGreys of the world and tbh would still rather have him than Amon at the very least

Can i remind you he had already played in one?

Always™nesia.

The year Port romped to its third consecutive minor premiership and maiden AFL flag - with Dew onboard - the mighty family club were en route to a 4-18 record and the usual feast of priority picks former power clubs from the heartland routinely pilfered to the point where they were withdrawn by the time we finally needed them.

Richie Tambling, eh Plough? #IGYAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back