Bookmark it Richmond v Essendon 2019 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
There you have it folks, Dons V Tigers for the 2019 GF put your houses on it, Dons and Tigers the most evenly matched teams in the AFL. Both teams have had massive additions Shiel (Bombers) and Lynch (Tigers), both have strengthened their teams, 1 & 2 during the H&A season and 1 & 2 in the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys can laugh all you want, but I cannot see any team competing against the Tigers & Bombers, they have both done well to recruit their targets and they are big targets as well. Will improve them a lot, especially Shiel will add class to Essendons middle and Lynch is going to be even better with Reiwoldt.

Oh I'm sure those players will improve those teams, but GF's are never a guarantee. Just ask Richmond. I've no doubt Essendon will make finals, but one loss in a semi or premi or elimination and that's it. But lets not put that to the bank. Pretty sure people said that about Melbourne this year.

Ahh the annual Essendon will be awesome in ( insert year here ) thread/ media hype, only for Essendon to show they are just bog average and fail.

No higher than 7th since 2002
No finals win since 2004
Have suffered 10+ defeats in 13 of last 15 seasons

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back