Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be carefull which "dirty" stream u watch ;)

That reminds me...

I've been using a dodgy pr0n streaming site to watch old horror flicks because it's the only place I could find them.

Is this the new version of "reading Playboy for the articles"?

I actually like all the footy shows on fox footy during the season, can you get that on Kayo? The games during the season, i actually grew to hate last year, as i only really enjoy watching port games and they became repulsive in the end. I've been loving the classic matches on foxtel in the off season more than the actual 2018 season.

Then they threatened me with some vague reference to my 'accumulated long time loyalty points' and how i'll lose them all by cancelling now. They were like, these loyalty points get you discounts.

I'm like yeah, so much discount that you've not once offered me a discount for being a 'loyal customer'.

Lol, it's the exact opposite. New subscribers get all manner of sweet deals whilst people who have been subscribed forever and a day have to ring up and threaten to cancel or they'll never get any sort of discount on anything.

Lol, it's the exact opposite. New subscribers get all manner of sweet deals whilst people who have been subscribed forever and a day have to ring up and threaten to cancel or they'll never get any sort of discount on anything.

That is by far the worst thing.

I threatened to leave and got offered the Drama pack free. My folks have been with them since it was Galaxy TV and got squat until I told them to complain.

Interested in the experiences here from those who have cancelled Foxtel. When my father passed away and I cancelled all his services, every organisation I dealt with was professional, compassionate and efficient. Until, that is, I got to Foxtel. Not only did they charge me up until the date I'd rung (everyone else was happy to use the date of passing), the guy on the phone was relentlessly trying to convince me to take over my father's subscription, so that when I inevitably later wanted it, I wouldn't have to pay startup fees. I can't believe that's corporate policy, I basically had to beg the guy to turn it off.

Vowed then never to use Foxtel. Unfortunately that now means no Kayo (thanks for the heads up on where that comes from). Casting using my AFL Live Pass will have to be good enough. It does work most of the time.
Whilst I emphasize with you regarding your poor Foxtel experience at a very difficult time in your life, if you are completely honest, who are you really punishing with your self-imposed boycott and exactly what are you achieving other than a sense of self ritousness?

If you want a sports streaming service without all the other junk that was previously compulsary, why isolate yourself from benefiiting from something you want because of a past experience that could've been handled better by someone you don't even know?

Have you ever had Foxtel yourself at all or is your experience purely based on an encounter with them with yourself in an emotional state outside of the norm, where you were acting on behalf of another and where Foxtel should've handled it better overall?

I've never known a grudge to end up working in favour of the one who imposes it.

Last edited:
Whilst I emphasize with regarding your ooor foctel experience, if you are fompletely honest, who are you really punishing with your self empowerment boycott and exactly what are you achieving other than a sense of self ritousness?
If you want a sports streaming service without all the other junk that was previously compulsary, why isolate yourself from benefiiting from something you want because of a past experience that could've been handled better by someone you don't even know?

Have you ever had Foxtel yourself at all or is your experience purely based on an encounter with them with yourself in an emotional state outside of the norm, where you were acting on behalf on another and where Foxtel should've handled it better overall?

I've never known a grudge to end up working in favour of the one who imposes it.
Signed, CEO of Foxtel

You all just hide in your holes. My 62 yr old mother rings them every year and threatens to cancel and gets awesome deals yearly.

Squeeky wheel and all

I rang up today to 'cancel'. Usually they'll sweeten the deal for me but didn't get lucky this time. In the end, I didn't really want it on at all but I do have a s**t load of stuff that I've recorded and haven't watched yet. So I've changed my plan to a mini package or whatever it was called. $10 a month with about 10 channels which I probably won't watch, but it will give me time to watch my recordings and then I'll bugger it off completely for Kayo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rang up today to 'cancel'. Usually they'll sweeten the deal for me but didn't get lucky this time. In the end, I didn't really want it on at all but I do have a s**t load of stuff that I've recorded and haven't watched yet. So I've changed my plan to a mini package or whatever it was called. $10 a month with about 10 channels which I probably won't watch, but it will give me time to watch my recordings and then I'll bugger it off completely for Kayo.

haha they got you

haha they got you
It's kind of what I was after anyway. Didn't want to cancel completely, was just hoping they'd offer the same package I was originally on for maybe half price for a few months which they usually do. Either way I'll get rid of it probably next month. Just want to get through my recordings. Would have been handy to have the full package because the kids channels come in handy and I don't mind the doco's but oh well.

Josh Corbett and Chris Burgess got four year deals from Gold Coast. Wow. Right time right place.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-03/suns-sign-untried-matureage-recruits-to-longterm-deals

Two state league players in their twenties with zero AFL games experience between them get a four year contract each. Every day that club finds some new and original way to * up their list management.

Never mind, Gold Coast will have folded before those contracts expire anyway.

Last edited:
Two state league players in their twenties with zero AFL games experience between them get two four year contracts. Every day that club finds some new and original way to **** up their list management.

Never mind, Gold Coast will have folded before those contracts expire anyway.

Thats ridiculous...

Must be really scared of losing players....

There should be a Facebook page with videos of people on the phone cancelling their Foxtel, would be hilarious :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back