Other Picking a Nfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m changing to the patriots

you cant change teams and become a Pats fan, you have to be born one, it would be unfair to the rest of the fan base who have endured plenty of hard times along the way.

I’m would like to officially announce I have transferred my allegiances to another Red & White powerhouse.

I am now a Ma-Homie!

Also, much like LicoriceAllsorts it took me a little bit to figure out which team was purple & black.

Ravens one of my most respected teams for sure. Always like to see them do well. Except the Mile High Miracle will always sting

If you think about it, they're really the Browns. Going back to the AFC Championships in the 80s, and then the playoff games in the 2000/10s, the Broncos and Ravens have a legit rivalry

But I love their style of play. They way they build their teams. It's not dissimilar to Denver.

To add to that they're immensely succesful. Round out the big 4 franchises in the AFC nicely (Pittsburgh, New England, Denver, Baltimore)

Baltimore-Ravens-Sexy-Superfans-11.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else on here is brave enough (or fed up enough) (or fickle enough) to change teams with me?

It's the season for it....if anyone's been thinking of doing it, now is the time to share in this little support group session.
sure, i dont like the browns now they win the occasional game. I may go for the raiders now

Ravens one of my most respected teams for sure. Always like to see them do well. Except the Mile High Miracle will always sting

If you think about it, they're really the Browns. Going back to the AFC Championships in the 80s, and then the playoff games in the 2000/10s, the Broncos and Ravens have a legit rivalry

But I love their style of play. They way they build their teams. It's not dissimilar to Denver.

To add to that they're immensely succesful. Round out the big 4 franchises in the AFC nicely (Pittsburgh, New England, Denver, Baltimore)

As I stated before....it's not about success itself....but methodology, philosophy. The Ravens are simply an elbows to the wheel team, straight up and down, no bullshit, no nonsense, down to earth, earthy. I love defensive-orientated teams the most, they usually fit the descriptive words I used above.

The Raiders are all about the "Raiders"....whereas the Ravens are all about Baltimore itself. Like when Johnny Unitas disowned the Colts for moving out of Baltimore, and adopted the Ravens. Who in turn included Unitas (and other former Colts greats) in their own Ring of Honor.

Raiders are nomadic now, a fashion brand name, a fast-food franchise. Tho I have some roots in Nevada, so bad timing to move the Raiders down to #2 in my care list, it's all about the image/philosophy to me, what feels like home. That whole Raider Calvin Klein thing and the bullshit that surrounds it (which they themselves play on) wears thin. Basically, I don't really dig braggarts and show-offs and fakeness. I dig more earthiness and knuckling down, straight up and down people.

I like too how Baltimore has unique mascot names for their sporting teams. I like the two-toned dark uniform scheme. I like the history of Baltimore too, the amazing architecture, and general beat of the city, tho I've never been to Baltimore.

That's not to say I like it say more than other regions in the US, because as with any place, and as with me, as you can tell...there is just so much of anything to love, like, to breathe in. I can't commit to women because I find beauty in all of them....not just looks but personalities and differences. I'm just a lover of things.

lol, tried to join a Ravens forum, and the administrator rejected it. Emailed him, he said, because of your location and what do you want from us, why are you trying to join our site. I replied....

----

Wow you are that exclusive you don’t want fans from around the world to join your forum?

That’s pretty sad. Not out to change your administrative mindset, if you want to be like that, fair enough, but imo that’s not a good attitude to have per se. Should be more open armed for fans, fans around the world, and growing the Ravens fanbase as such.

If you won’t accept my registration, that’s your prerogative. I’ll just look for another more open-armed Ravens message board to join.

FYI, I was a 40 year fan of the Raiders, but decided to adopt the Ravens now for the remainder of my life…..and my introduction post would’ve explained a little why.

Your call, Steve.

----

Not that it's gonna change anything, maybe Steve is just an arsehole or has a bad experience with something in the past and has built walls of cotton wool around him. But, not off to a good start trying to connect with Ravens fans :p

Miami here we come! :p

Well, he just replied....

----

It's an automated spam filter which kicks in at registration. We don't have time to sit down and backtrace every IP address.

You have stated your case.

Give me 15 minutes

Thanks, Steve

----

As you can tell, I am the ONLY person in the entire world, who is %100 truthful and open about his life/mind on the internet and in real life. Maybe that's not a good thing, but it's a thing at least.

As I stated before....it's not about success itself....but methodology, philosophy. The Ravens are simply an elbows to the wheel team, straight up and down, no bullshit, no nonsense, down to earth, earthy. I love defensive-orientated teams the most, they usually fit the descriptive words I used above.

The Raiders are all about the "Raiders"....whereas the Ravens are all about Baltimore itself. Like when Johnny Unitas disowned the Colts for moving out of Baltimore, and adopted the Ravens. Who in turn included Unitas (and other former Colts greats) in their own Ring of Honor.

Raiders are nomadic now, a fashion brand name, a fast-food franchise. Tho I have some roots in Nevada, so bad timing to move the Raiders down to #2 in my care list, it's all about the image/philosophy to me, what feels like home. That whole Raider Calvin Klein thing and the bullshit that surrounds it (which they themselves play on) wears thin. Basically, I don't really dig braggarts and show-offs and fakeness. I dig more earthiness and knuckling down, straight up and down people.

I like too how Baltimore has unique mascot names for their sporting teams. I like the two-toned dark uniform scheme. I like the history of Baltimore too, the amazing architecture, and general beat of the city, tho I've never been to Baltimore.

That's not to say I like it say more than other regions in the US, because as with any place, and as with me, as you can tell...there is just so much of anything to love, like, to breathe in. I can't commit to women because I find beauty in all of them....not just looks but personalities and differences. I'm just a lover of things.
I get what you're saying about the raiders being nomadic and a fashion brand, that would turn me off too. Didn't they start being both of those things over 30 years ago though?

I've always said that if any of my teams change location I'll no longer follow them. Even though I don't live where all but one of them are located, it's still the main thing that identifies a club/franchise IMO. Officially the history is retained if a club up and leaves but essentially its a different entity. So I don't blame you for being drawn toward an organisation with stronger roots to its city/community.

I get what you're saying about the raiders being nomadic and a fashion brand, that would turn me off too. Didn't they start being both of those things over 30 years ago though?

I've always said that if any of my teams change location I'll no longer follow them. Even though I don't live where all but one of them are located, it's still the main thing that identifies a club/franchise IMO. Officially the history is retained if a club up and leaves but essentially its a different entity. So I don't blame you for being drawn toward an organisation with stronger roots to its city/community.
yep, when they moved to LA thats when the fashion brand thing and all that showmanship started. But....I was living near LA at the time when they moved there (seemingly permanently) so i didnt really look at it that way

I jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon because of Mahomes and the Colts looked bad early.

Now, Colts are doing well but I'm having a hard time going back to them because I'm obsessed with watching Patrick Mahomes play football.

#conflicted

Or I'll just do a GG and have multiple teams.

Last edited:
I jumped onto the Chiefs bandwagon because of Mahomes and the Colts looked bad early.

Now, Colts are doing well but I'm having a hard time going back to them because I'm obsessed with watching Patrick Mahomes play football.

#conflicted

Or I'll just do a GG and have multiple teams.
When confronted with dilemmas, moral and otherwise, always stop and think "what would GG do?" And then do that. Best advice you'll ever get in your life...and it was free!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back