EPL Matchday 20

Remove this Banner Ad

So the only reason Klopp is in the same league as Poch is because he sold Coutinho for 140 million?

Ok.
No. not surprised you’ve missed the point entirely. Sort of expected tbh.

Go back and reread and come back when you’ve figured it out

Let's not go crazy. Poch is a good manager, very good in fact. But he isnt in Klopp's realm.
Oh leave it out Jod. Easy to say that the moment. Also easy to remember he’s finished behind Poch every season in the prem. And let’s not forget he’s been backed by your board unlike Poch

No. not surprised you’ve missed the point entirely. Sort of expected tbh.

Go back and reread and come back when you’ve figured it out
I understand your point about us and spending money or spending more than Spurs or handing out bigger wages. Doesnt change the fact that Klopp is in a different realm to Poch.

Here is a question. If Poch took over Liverpool instead of Klopp three years ago, do you think Poch takes us to three cup finals, two European finals including a CL Final and then has as in the position we are in the league right now?

Oh leave it out Jod. Easy to say that the moment. Also easy to remember he’s finished behind Poch every season in the prem. And let’s not forget he’s been backed by your board unlike Poch
Doesnt matter that he's finished behind Spurs. He has been working to get us to where we are now. It's been a process.

Poch is a terrific young manager, but there are levels. He's a level below Klopp. I mean look what he did at Mainz, bringing them up and then the job he did at BVB to knock off the might of Bayern was incredible.

What he has done at Liverpool has been similar without the trophies, hopefully that changes this season.

Doesnt matter that he's finished behind Spurs. He has been working to get us to where we are now. It's been a process.

Poch is a terrific young manager, but there are levels. He's a level below Klopp. I mean look what he did at Mainz, bringing them up and then the job he did at BVB to knock off the might of Bayern was incredible.

What he has done at Liverpool has been similar without the trophies, hopefully that changes this season.
Poch actually makes players better and promotes from within. Klopp couldn’t get near the prem title so basically you’ve done a Man City and tried to buy it. Poch is much more than a chequebook manager

I understand your point about us and spending money or spending more than Spurs or handing out bigger wages. Doesnt change the fact that Klopp is in a different realm to Poch.

Here is a question. If Poch took over Liverpool instead of Klopp three years ago, do you think Poch takes us to three cup finals, two European finals including a CL Final and then has as in the position we are in the league right now?
Yes and no. CL is hard to predict but domestically yes.
Poch with more money has a league title already.

Yes and no. CL is hard to predict but domestically yes.
Poch with more money has a league title already.

Exactly right. This is why if that tight campaigner Levy doesn’t back him in the next two windows then Poch has my blessings to leave. He can’t hang around with no cash for much longer

It’s one of those pointless arguments.

Are you happy with Poch? Yes
Are we happy with Klopp? Yes

Does it really matter who is better at not winning the title yet?
It was your man Jod who had to come in and make the comparison. Was to be expected, this is the type of s**t the board is in for now for the foreseeable future.

It’s one of those pointless arguments.

Are you happy with Poch? Yes
Are we happy with Klopp? Yes

Does it really matter who is better at not winning the title yet?
Wasn’t really the point initially, well not replying to Peter anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t try that Moh net spend gibberish.
You sold a player for double his worth that’s why
That's part of the game of buying and selling. Spurs themselves bought Janssen for double his worth. Not every club gets the exact value for players.
And Benteke... don't ever forget the robbery that was Benteke.
We bought him for 30mil in the first place. Back then I said he was only a 20mil player at best and wasn't going to fit in with the way we play.

That is a valid point but having ability to throw record amounts at transfer targets to fix deficiencies in the side should be acknowledge, as should the wages he can offer his players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poch hasnt had to sell a world class first team player though. If Levy sold Kane for 160m I think theres a good chsnce that Poch spends at least that on new signings.

Klopp was forced to sell Coutinho against his will but replaced him with Allisson / VVD.

It was your man Jod who had to come in and make the comparison. Was to be expected, this is the type of s**t the board is in for now for the foreseeable future.
Wasn’t really the point initially, well not replying to Peter anyway

But what does biting back accomplish apart from a page of back and forth that nobody will concede in...

If ya let one through to the keeper occasionally, they get easily forgotten :rainbow:

That's part of the game of buying and selling. Spurs themselves bought Janssen for double his worth. Not every club gets the exact value for players.

We bought him for 30mil in the first place. Back then I said he was only a 20mil player at best and wasn't going to fit in with the way we play.
It was still robbery that after a worse season with a better side... He was shown the door.

But what does biting back accomplish apart from a page of back and forth that nobody will concede in...

If ya let one through to the keeper occasionally, they get easily forgotten :rainbow:
I think the real fault lies with the ones who come in with the incendiary comments to begin with

Yeah but you guys are just arguing, woe is me, Poch has no money and Klopp gets money and you also completely ignore his trophies won and results at BVB.

All your arguing is if's and but's.

Poch is very good, you should be happy to have him. Klopp is just that next level up.

I think the real fault lies with the ones who come in with the incendiary comments to begin with

I don’t doubt that, but this board is full of people that have to have the last say. Anyways, this will be it for me.

Title race still isn’t over, but I’m happy to be where we are as it stands :)

Poch actually makes players better and promotes from within. Klopp couldn’t get near the prem title so basically you’ve done a Man City and tried to buy it. Poch is much more than a chequebook manager
Also this is so hilariously wrong. Klopp makes players better too and also hugely promotes from within. Also we havent bought the league. Our net spend was woeful before last summer. Spending something like just 50 million over 6 or so windows.

Also this is so hilariously wrong. Klopp makes players better too and also hugely promotes from within. Also we havent bought the league. Our net spend was woeful before last summer. Spending something like just 50 million over 6 or so windows.
No one takes anything you say with any authority Jod because you are so hilariously biased.

Klopp won titles in a two team league which is what all European leagues have now more or less become. He hasn’t won anything in England yet and hasn’t finished above Poch’s spurs either so at least until that happens do us all a favour and shut yer bloody cake hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Back