Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just having a conversation with a couple of blue's mates last night an the Topic was Jsos & Cunningham
Both mates seem to believe that both these players wont be at the club in 2 years time

Whats the view on here regarding these 2 players

They will be good depth players in the Carlton system.

What’s wrong with McKay in the ruck? Thrives on it and a great way to get into games
Harry's potential in the ruck is very understated. His short periods in the ruck have been very effective to date. Has the right instincts and does his
utmost to tap to advantage, rather than feeling the job is done if he gets first hands to the ball.

Love his forward potential, but as his body gets AFL ready, it is a distinct possibility that he does up to 40% ruck minutes in combination with TDK. Both
are legitimate forwards, and I see an awesome combination in a couple of years. Combined with Charlie, McLovin and even possibly Kerr or JSOS as they
spiral up, we have options for a unique forward line. McGovern can go back. Charlie could be super effective off a wing if the other boys are firing forward.
Options aplenty. (and a couple of years to assess BSOS and Finbar)

where do you see him playing in 2 years time with the list you have + 2 free agent mids
For JSOS: Inside mid as a regular (or a bust for best 22 really), but can back up as a general defender more so than a general forward.

For Cuningham: Defensive forward/wing, with the hope he develops his read to play more around the stoppage.

JSos? The advantage he has is footy smarts. He’s shown a great ability to play in 3 different positions and adapt quickly whilst young.

It means I think he could easily be a very good career backup. Slotting in either end of the ground and in the twos last year he showed a bit as an inside mid too with some clean hands, good core strength and solid tackling.

So his position is probably best described as handy injury filler, for that third tall roll either end or as a strong body in the middle. I’m not sure if he can ever cement a first team spot but I’m pretty confident he’s got the ability to step in and play a role.
JSOS is a really good lead up 3rd forward, problem being that our game plan the last little while has called for our forwards to stand under the ball or lead away from the ball carrier, neither of which is his forte, if we start getting more entries and the mids start lowering there eyes and hitting up some players leading at them I think JSOS will be a really good third tall as he was at junior level. Smart footballer and has really slimmed down this summer and is looking fit.

Yip don't hold much hope for Pickett either ….. just seems to not want it enough …..
Yeah, which if u watch his pre draft interviews is surprising as he was adamant in one interview that he would not be one to waste his opportunity.

Has so much talent not sure where it all went wrong, has Garlett at Carlton with him and has played with him since under 12s or something like that. Will be such a waste, if you watch his u18 highlights playing as a mid he is a gun like SPS, hope he gets it together before it is to late.

Last edited:
Anyone know how Pickett's surgery went?

Is he still looking at 6 months on the sidelines or are we optimistic he can resume training before the season commences?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JSOS is a really good lead up 3rd forward, problem being that our game plan the last little while has called for our forwards to stand under the ball or lead away from the ball carrier, neither of which is his forte, if we start getting more entries and the mids start lowering there eyes and hitting up some players leading at them I think JSOS will be a really good third tall as he was at junior level. Smart footballer and has really slimmed down this summer and is looking fit.
Really good ? He’s not really good at anything yet. He’s got potential for sure but I don’t agree his best role is up forward. I think it’s in the middle or down back.

Really good ? He’s not really good at anything yet. He’s got potential for sure but I don’t agree his best role is up forward. I think it’s in the middle or down back.
It is truly amazing the number of posters/supporters potting Jack. He turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. His time up forward has been filled with
almost. He creates space, has the fabled "footy smarts", he competes. A tad slow, maybe, but maybe he has spent much of his career "cooked"
(not unlike Weitering) having to absorb too much of the load too soon. He got his hands to many kicks playing forward, but just didn't manage
to hold many grabs (improved a bit late in the season) more than one poster put this down to shoulder issues. Add confidence, experience,
pressure as reasons.

He is a kid who has been relatively "entitled", during 2018 he clearly came to the realisation that it was not "just going to happen". I am sure
he would have been told this many times, but there is no substitute for experiencing the reality. I suspect he will become a very valuable utility
for the club. I suspect forward will be his staple, but the ability to fill a variety of roles will hold him in great stead. This as opposed to "not having
a position in the '22". He can play tall, medium, attacking, defensive or even extractor roles. Give him time he may just do all of them very well.

Has enough desire and pride, along with ability to make "it" happen. No superstar, but a very valuable member, even if it remains on the fringe
for a while. Don't underestimate the quality of the players he will be competing with for a spot. Done the hard yards while the club has been at
it's lowest. I am sure he will taste significant success on the field. Too many "supporters" want to write the kids off too quickly. There are 44 plus
list spots to fill, most if not all are valuable pieces, and don't need to play firsts every week to contribute.

Will be around for quite a while yet and expect him to play more ones than twos.

It is truly amazing the number of posters/supporters potting Jack. He turned 21 a couple of weeks ago. His time up forward has been filled with
almost. He creates space, has the fabled "footy smarts", he competes. A tad slow, maybe, but maybe he has spent much of his career "cooked"
(not unlike Weitering) having to absorb too much of the load too soon. He got his hands to many kicks playing forward, but just didn't manage
to hold many grabs (improved a bit late in the season) more than one poster put this down to shoulder issues. Add confidence, experience,
pressure as reasons.

He is a kid who has been relatively "entitled", during 2018 he clearly came to the realisation that it was not "just going to happen". I am sure
he would have been told this many times, but there is no substitute for experiencing the reality. I suspect he will become a very valuable utility
for the club. I suspect forward will be his staple, but the ability to fill a variety of roles will hold him in great stead. This as opposed to "not having
a position in the '22". He can play tall, medium, attacking, defensive or even extractor roles. Give him time he may just do all of them very well.

Has enough desire and pride, along with ability to make "it" happen. No superstar, but a very valuable member, even if it remains on the fringe
for a while. Don't underestimate the quality of the players he will be competing with for a spot. Done the hard yards while the club has been at
it's lowest. I am sure he will taste significant success on the field. Too many "supporters" want to write the kids off too quickly. There are 44 plus
list spots to fill, most if not all are valuable pieces, and don't need to play firsts every week to contribute.

Will be around for quite a while yet and expect him to play more ones than twos.
Where did I write him off mate? Take a chill pill and step off. I’ve provided a fair opinion and if you go back a bit further in this conversation you can see my reasoning and where I’ve stated I’m not writing anyone off and have high hopes for jack.

Everything you’ve said about his versatility, age and potential I’ve already established.

I’ve only said he’s not very good yet, because he isn’t. Not saying he won’t be.

Where did I write him off mate? Take a chill pill and step off. I’ve provided a fair opinion and if you go back a bit further in this conversation you can see my reasoning and where I’ve stated I’m not writing anyone off and have high hopes for jack.

Everything you’ve said about his versatility, age and potential I’ve already established.

I’ve only said he’s not very good yet, because he isn’t. Not saying he won’t be.
You are kidding right, I am heartily sick of the antagonistic attitude of a number in here.
Your post was quoted as I joined a conversation. Yours was the last before mine and clearly stated that he is "not good at anything...….."
your post went to the flow and as such was fair to be quoted in context. I did not attack you, but you jumped on the chance to attack me.

It would seem I have no place with the frequent fliers in here who think they own the ******* site.

poster comes to aid of perceived attacked player - other poster disagrees - poster supporting player suggests he is hard done by as other posters disagree with him and this shouldn't be allowed - poster supporting player then plays clique card rather than accept other opinion

No rush in making a decision on two very young players just yet. Cuningham has boat loads of talent but only played a handful of games last year. Don’t really have enough data to say either way yet. Confident for both of them though, more confident in JSOS as a long term gap filler than I am in Cuningham getting his body to stay healthy.
JSos? The advantage he has is footy smarts. He’s shown a great ability to play in 3 different positions and adapt quickly whilst young.

It means I think he could easily be a very good career backup. Slotting in either end of the ground and in the twos last year he showed a bit as an inside mid too with some clean hands, good core strength and solid tackling.

So his position is probably best described as handy injury filler, for that third tall roll either end or as a strong body in the middle. I’m not sure if he can ever cement a first team spot but I’m pretty confident he’s got the ability to step in and play a role.
You are kidding right, I am heartily sick of the antagonistic attitude of a number in here.
Your post was quoted as I joined a conversation. Yours was the last before mine and clearly stated that he is "not good at anything...….."
your post went to the flow and as such was fair to be quoted in context. I did not attack you, but you jumped on the chance to attack me.

It would seem I have no place with the frequent fliers in here who think they own the ******* site.
Antagonistic? You’re the one who had a dig at me and decided to try and call me out (completely incorrectly) as you jumped in part way through a conversation and completely misunderstood what I was saying about Jack. My opinion on JSos is completely fair and very optimistic.

Lol.

If it's gonna happen for Jack I reckon it happens back.

I still see Jack as a forward/mid

Newfoundlandia-The-Last-Fatal-Duel-in-St.-Johns.jpg

Jack might be ok, he's not agile, hasn't got a burst, but he does have good balance and a nice read of the play.

Handy type, not on my early chopping block

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bounce the ****ing ball already this website skins are hurting my eyes the black is atrocious … the light not mucg betterererer … WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back