Predict the results of the 2019 Federal Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the Liberals be releasing a memo prior to the next federal election detailing what each MP have to talk to the media (ie Sky News, 3AW, Herald Sun) about certain issues (ie economy, refugees etc) like they did during the Victorian state election (which got them into enormous trouble)?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will the Liberals be releasing a memo prior to the next federal election detailing what each MP have to talk to the media (ie Sky News, 3AW, Herald Sun) about certain issues (ie economy, refugees etc) like they did during the Victorian state election (which got them into enormous trouble)?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't that letter a fake?

Apart from the 'fake' memo, the other thing the Liberals could do to ask the former leaders-at state and federal level (ie John Howard) to join Scott Morrison on the hustings during the election campaign. And expect to see a lot of people standing behind either Morrison or a leading Liberal Minister (ie Peter Dutton) during a press conference and nodding on every point the speaker is making.

Apart from the 'fake' memo, the other thing the Liberals could do to ask the former leaders-at state and federal level (ie John Howard) to join Scott Morrison on the hustings during the election campaign. And expect to see a lot of people standing behind either Morrison or a leading Liberal Minister (ie Peter Dutton) during a press conference and nodding on every point the speaker is making.

That happens every election, with both parties. Next you will say they will run negative TV ads, do letter box drops, and shake hands at train stations

Abbott is electoral poison, he won't make appearances outside Warringah.

Dutton too. At the moment the best shot at convincing the swinging voter to vote Lib is to trot out John Howard constantly - rightly or wrongly, he is perceived as a decent PM who presided over a stable economy.

The reason why Scott Morrison doesn’t want to go to the polls now is he’s fully aware of the fact that NSW has a state election in March and there’s a very good chance the Liberals in NSW will be turfed out by Labor.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The reason why Scott Morrison doesn’t want to go to the polls now is he’s fully aware of the fact that NSW has a state election in March and there’s a very good chance the Liberals in NSW will be turfed out by Labor.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also doesnt have to pay for adds with Liberal party money

So you're saying that a career politician is aware of when elections are? That's ******* groundbreaking!

:rolleyes:

It would be lovely if politicians started acting in the best interests of the country again. A pipedream I know.
Didn’t you hear? We’ve had Grown Up Government since 2013. Apparently.

On a serious note, I really do have high hopes in this regard, if Mr Not-Particularly-Big-Personality gets in, and is free to govern with his position safe thanks to Labor’s excellent leadership challenge rules.

I think voters have forgotten what life was like before this interminable soapie from first Labor and now the Coalition, and will be pleasantly inclined towards a government that just knuckles down and gets on with governing without all the stupidity.

I know not to make rash political predictions but if things go right I can see a minimum two terms for Shorten Labor, with three not out of the question.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t you hear? We’ve had Grown Up Government since 2013. Apparently.

On a serious note, I really do have high hopes in this regard, if Mr Not-Particularly-Big-Personality gets in, and is free to govern with his position safe thanks to Labor’s excellent leadership challenge rules.

I think voters have forgotten what life was like before this interminable soapie from first Labor and now the Coalition, and will be pleasantly inclined towards a government that just knuckles down and gets on with governing without all the stupidity.

I know not to make rash political predictions but if things go right I can see a minimum two terms for Shorten Labor, with three not out of the question.
My concern is the media making a story out of nothing just to generate clicks

This stability kills the media

Not to worry, the Coalition in near-permanent opposition will provide plenty of internal instability for the foreseeable future, sufficient to keep even the most hardcore political junkie gratified.

They the LNP will let a few boats in 100% nothing surer , LNP mouth piece Murdoch media will continue to push the scare campaign !! Are the Australian people as a collective dumb enough to fall for the BS ? I hope not .
The LNP tried the big fear and scare campaign in Victoria and we all seen how that worked out .

A few royal commisions can keep them busy with headlines,then it will be non stop knife fights in every carpark after every Liberal party meeting

With Julie Bishop announcing her retirement from politics, it'll make it that much harder now for Scott Morrison and his Coalition team to retain government.

And if Labor wins, wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Shorten offer Bishop a posting as Australia's representative on the United Nations in New York, or Australian Ambassador in the US.

With Julie Bishop announcing her retirement from politics, it'll make it that much harder now for Scott Morrison and his Coalition team to retain government.

And if Labor wins, wouldn't be surprised to see Bill Shorten offer Bishop a posting as Australia's representative on the United Nations in New York, or Australian Ambassador in the US.

No way. There have been more than enough liberals in diplomatic posts over the past 20 years. It’s Rudds if he wants it.

Not after the way she treated Bracks

She will get nothing imo

She won't have to. I think Shorten already has her lined up for a good position. UN Ambassador would suit her nicely. I can't see any of the other muppets getting a gig though.

Link to where he has this lined up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back