Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shows the character of the guy and how Lethers comments must've deeply affected him. And I'm not even taking the piss, I'm dead serious. Very fragile for a grown man.

Was thinking the same thing. I didn't hear what he had to say, i have zero interest in him. But going off the Sliding Doors garbage from Friday and what has been posted here he comes across like a sooky child who can't handle being called out.

It's like he just has to have the last word, regardless of how shallow or valueless it is. I can just imagine him at work if someone challenges him..... "no, you are....." followed by a long sulk in the corner.

Pretty sad actually

Was thinking the same thing. I didn't hear what he had to say, i have zero interest in him. But going off the Sliding Doors garbage from Friday and what has been posted here he comes across like a sooky child who can't handle being called out.

It's like he just has to have the last word, regardless of how shallow or valueless it is. I can just imagine him at work if someone challenges him..... "no, you are....." followed by a long sulk in the corner.

Pretty sad actually
Pathetic from the #IPF

Pretty sad actually
Yeah and then look at Lethers and how he handled himself. Called out a gutter journalist for making up a story, and then went on with more pressing issues ie leading our football club. He hasn't responded at all to Barrett and good on him. One is a grown man and the other a petulant child.

I'm not so sure, we have no one but our self to blame for the position we are in. Club needs to take ownership of our position and work its butt off to get us out of it, its to easy to blame everyone else these days when things go wrong, we get a s**t load of money of the AFL more then most clubs get. Its up to us to be successful no more excuses

I think we just stuffed up our timing. We got stuck down in a period where good teams could stay up for ever manipulating the new rules ST C mentioned. We were dumb but it's like we got ourselves in a position that made it harder to go up from then did everything in our power to * it up.

The AFL give us Etihad takings then give us fixtures like Sunday games against interstate sides with no fans. Bombers get Saturday night against us. They will make money we will lose it. They still find ways to make life hard for irrelevant clubs.

He’s already gone with the “they’ve only got St Kilda this week so we’re not going to learn anything from that” line regarding Essendon. Hey flog, we won yesterday and won both our JLT games, they got smacked and lost both their JLT games. Yet of course he goes out of his way to disrespect us.

What gives this stain the right to be so disrespectful towards people and clubs? He’s a journalist who’s never played the game and nothing more. He bags us non stop every week because we blacklisted him for his bullshit (has he apologised to Sean Dempster yet?) and has gone into overdrive since Lethlean called him out, guarantee he won’t say a single good thing about us this year. He takes pot shots at Luke Beveridge constantly from behind the comfort of his keyboard after Bevo confronted him face to face for things he said. He’s a nasty vindictive little weasel.

And unfortunately you can’t just ignore him, because he’s bloody everywhere. TV, radio, newspaper, online. You can’t escape the prick and his s**t opinions and reporting.

This is the latest from the IPF on afl.com.au. It is typically petty and inappropriate. Another mealy mouthed attempt to discredit Satan Lethlean and the club. Typically unprofessional.

Can't you just imagine little purple at school? Bullied by the cool kids. Running around spreading false gossip behind people's backs in a vain bid to get revenge. The seeds of his so called career being sown in his early years. Have a laugh. What a loathsome spotted reptile he is.

Fittest team in the comp? Ouch
The only good thing for the Saints in their game against the Suns on Sunday was the final siren. When it sounded, they happened to be one point up.

St Kilda football operations boss Simon Lethlean said recently: "I don't think any club will know what they will get against Saints at Marvel. We're the fittest team in the comp, in our view and we will run teams off their legs."

If that's the best the "fittest team in the comp" can do against the battling Suns, then it's going to be an even longer season than we already know it will be.

Last edited:
This is the latest from the IPF on afl.com.au. It is typically petty and inappropriate. Another mealy mouthed attempt to discredit Satan Lethlean and the club. Typically unprofessional from this player of the pink oboe.

Can't you just imagine little purple at school? Bullied by the cool kids. Running around spreading false gossip behind people's backs in a vain bid to get revenge. The seeds of his so called career being sown in his early years. Have a laugh. What a loathsome spotted reptile he is.

The only good thing for the Saints in their game against the Suns on Sunday was the final siren. When it sounded, they happened to be one point up.

St Kilda football operations boss Simon Lethlean said recently: "I don't think any club will know what they will get against Saints at Marvel. We're the fittest team in the comp, in our view and we will run teams off their legs."

If that's the best the "fittest team in the comp" can do against the battling Suns, then it's going to be an even longer season than we already know it will be.

The bit he got wrong there was "battling Suns". They had their toughest ever preseason which incorporated a lot of running, they won both their JLT games, they have a smart coach and they recruited some good experienced players. They were a form team coming into round 1. You can't judge them on last years form

The bit he got wrong there was "battling Suns". They had their toughest ever preseason which incorporated a lot of running, they won both their JLT games, they have a smart coach and they recruited some good experienced players. They were a form team coming into round 1. You can't judge them on last years form
That would require purple to do a bit of research, which we know would never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the latest from the IPF on afl.com.au. It is typically petty and inappropriate. Another mealy mouthed attempt to discredit Satan Lethlean and the club. Typically unprofessional from this player of the pink oboe.

4 points from 1 match. 'If that's the best they can do...'. Yes. Technically yes. Why not stop that sentence there.

Afl podcast titled "Saints must concede their move for Hannebery was 'dodgy'", bet you can't guess who the quote is from. Give you three goes at it.

Must they?

How about Damian Barrett must concede that he writes gutter journalism about sport and makes this guy look cool.

robert.carradine.revenge.of.the.nerds.jpg

Afl podcast titled "Saints must concede their move for Hannebery was 'dodgy'", bet you can't guess who the quote is from. Give you three goes at it.

I reckon Lethers just ignores it again, that really seems to get under the idiot's skin.

But if he feels compelled to reply he should just say from his experience with social media he finds it best to not feed the trolls and leave it at that

Reckon that'd send purple absolutely postal

The funny thing about this bloke is, he tipped against us on the weekend, he also tipped us to finish last, yet when we won he wrote today that things look even worse than expected?

Can't wait for the day when he writes the piece about the worst Grand Final win ever.

I reckon Lethers just ignores it again, that really seems to get under the idiot's skin.

But if he feels compelled to reply he should just say from his experience with social media he finds it best to not feed the trolls and leave it at that

Reckon that'd send purple absolutely postal
Lol. Exploding Purple s**t

Anyone who hates Sam Mc Clure might have to change their tune. He ripped into Davis Schwartz who had been claiming we didn't do a medical on Hannerbury. He ran through all the 4 medicals and was really positive about our medical team and staff. Was pretty surprised how he didn't buy into the negativity and just roll with it. Good on him, it was refreshing.

Saying we had spare salary cap room doesn't wash with me. I'd rather they kept the money for re-signing players like Billings.

If Hanneberry was on $500k-$600k for 3 years it might have been worth the risk. But $800k for 4(5) years is absolutely irresponsible, I don't know how anyone can justify it especially on the back of the latest news.

On-field leadership is where Hannebery would excel, but he's got to be actually on the field to do that. He might be good at training but I have very good reasons to question his "off-field" qualities.

The deal never stacked up for mine, and it's looking worse as time rolls on. It may reverse itself one day but at the moment, IMO, it's a poor deal for the saints.

Also, if he's being rebuilt, he won't be training with the main group for a while either.

We will have the money for re-signing Billings. But he's not performing at a level demanding big money. Who were you going to spend it on "THIS" year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back